Marriage and kids?

Yermog

Jorgan, who is Cathar, brought up adoption with my human. I assumed that since we were able to do the deed, we would be able to reproduce. But maybe that line is in there because there are no playable cathar?

Although many races in the Star Wars universe are humanoid, and therefore physically compatible for intercourse, they are still of different species. A human and a Cather possess completely different types of DNA, and so children born naturally from the two of them would be impossible. There are only three species that I know of who can reproduce with humans: the Echani (an example is the Handmaiden from Kotor II), Miralukans (I think, since they're very close to humans), and the Sith Pureblood (and they can only do it with the help of science). Any other races are too incompatible with each other.

Edited by Yermog

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although many races in the Star Wars universe are humanoid, and therefore physically compatible for intercourse, they are still of different species. A human and a Cather possess completely different types of DNA, and so children born naturally from the two of them would be impossible. There are only three species that I know of who can reproduce with humans: the Echani (an example is the Handmaiden from Kotor II), Miralukans (I think, since they're very close to humans), and the Sith Pureblood (and they can only do it with the help of science). Any other races are too incompatible with each other.

humans and twi'leks are possible same with humans and zabraks and i'm not sure but i think humans and ratataki

Echani may or may not be able to reproduce with humans. The Handmaiden's mother is strongly implied to have been Echani as well, she just wasn't the mother of the Handmaiden's other siblings.

That said, I'm not to that conversation yet but Aric and the Trooper may talk adoption as an alternative to taking the Trooper out of action for a while on maternity leave.

humans and twi'leks are possible same with humans and zabraks and i'm not sure but i think humans and ratataki

It's possible to sleep with them, not actually have children with them. Twil'leks and Zabraks are too different. I've never heard of a ratataki-human child, so I'm fairly certain it's not possible to reproduce with them either.

I'm pretty sure its entirely possible for a human and a sith to breed. Weren't the original sith bred with the dark jedi outcasts to create the sith today?

Yes, it IS possible, but if you look up Sith history, it was only made possible through alchemy, which I assume is a weird Force-science hybrid. Anyway, it's implied that it would be impossible otherwise.

I noticed that when I played as a miraluka, Kira said that there would be few hurdles to cross when children were mentioned. Does she say this to all nonhuman races? I'm starting to think that all nonhumans get the same dialogue. I'm pretty sure that humans and miraluka are compatible since Krynda and Lucien Draay from the Knights of the Old Republic comic series looked human but had miraluka blood.

BTW, does anyone know what does Torian say when you play a FEM BH and you say that you can't marry him?

I mean I think there is an option on saying "I can't" and I wonder what does the dialogues look like in the game. I play a BH well into the romance and I really wouldn't want to clisk this just out of curiosity.

Anyone knows? Or just no one chose this option on him? ;)

BTW, does anyone know what does Torian say when you play a FEM BH and you say that you can't marry him?

I mean I think there is an option on saying "I can't" and I wonder what does the dialogues look like in the game. I play a BH well into the romance and I really wouldn't want to clisk this just out of curiosity.

Anyone knows? Or just no one chose this option on him? ;)

Never chose it. Torian's still the absolute best romance of the game, imo. Why would my BH break his heart?

Never chose it. Torian's still the absolute best romance of the game, imo. Why would my BH break his heart?

I'd NEVER do this! But I'm curious what does the dialogue look like - pure curiousity what is the reason to refuse (clan differences? because line in the game just say's "I can't" which would suggest it's different from "I won't") and how does he react, what does he say.

I'm not really eager to risk choosing it and clicking "Escape" as it once didn't work in a (thank the Force!) lesser dialogue

I dunno about yours, but my BH is still holding out hope that Mako will come find solace in her arms after she and Torian break up. :jawa_wink:

Edited by LyriaFrost

Jorgan, who is Cathar, brought up adoption with my human. I assumed that since we were able to do the deed, we would be able to reproduce. But maybe that line is in there because there are no playable cathar?

I'm fairly certain that it wouldn't work anyways.

Did you know cathar are born in litters? Yes, like cats.

Kudos for the reference!

In other news, I would find it difficult to implement a parent-child aspect of the Legacy system when my main character is a Sith Pureblood and then I have a Zabrak trooper.

We all have that crazy uncle who did not go with the grain...black sheep comes to mind. After all at least in my case, my Zabrak smuggler is in fact ... black :rolleyes:

It would be great if having kids was added to the game. Maybe they can follow you on your quests like the mouse droid, or maybe there could be a time skip to when the kids are grown up and they would play a part in your class quest. There are endless ways to implement this into the game IMO.

I'd NEVER do this! But I'm curious what does the dialogue look like - pure curiousity what is the reason to refuse (clan differences? because line in the game just say's "I can't" which would suggest it's different from "I won't") and how does he react, what does he say.

I'm not really eager to risk choosing it and clicking "Escape" as it once didn't work in a (thank the Force!) lesser dialogue

I've found on Torhead that you can click 'Companions', search for the one you want, and then usually there's a tab called 'Affected By' which gives you the potential APs for each dialogue option on quests - it also tells you what the dialogues are/how they'll go, depending on which option you pick. BEWARE - There may be spoilers.

http://www.torhead.com/npc/epyJZqr/torian-cadera#affected-by Torian's page, for example.

Well, I'm really into kids with Torian (I'm playing human, so no problems here)

He's a great one to be with if you're a family-oriented person, regardless of race. Mandos are huge on adoption and family bonding, to the point where they don't really make any distinction between adopted children and conceived children. Bond trumps blood. I suppose it makes a lot of sense for a culture that is based entirely on shared beliefs/ideals rather than shared DNA. Really interesting, honestly. :)

Although, I'm gonna say...I certainly raised an eyebrow when Torian's dad was sniper stalking my Chiss BH and saying that he'd have taken her as his wife if he was younger (while simultaneously tagging me with bullets). I mean dang, Pops. :eek:

Edited by Kiralai

I've found on Torhead that you can click 'Companions', search for the one you want

Been there, it gives you exact specifications what to click to gain affection, but not really what I'm curious about. Well, you can't always have what I want, and if I have to chosse between romancing Torian and satisfying my curiosity... Well, Torian wins :D

taken her as his wife if he was younger

Well, I was a bit surprised too, but it was flattery, don't you think? :D

But since he wasn't young anymore he's decided on killing your BH so no one else would have her ;)

And yes, I really think that playing a young Cadera, regardless fem or male would have great potencial - Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya - raise your sons to be strong, but daughters to be stronger. Cadera clan sounds nice , don't you think?

And yes, I really think that playing a young Cadera, regardless fem or male would have great potencial - Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya - raise your sons to be strong, but daughters to be stronger. Cadera clan sounds nice , don't you think?

Mandalorian society seems like the business if you can get on board with the whole "war for growth" thing. Socially, they seem really accepting of just about everything as long as you value their core beliefs. I'm sure there are exceptions somewhere, but from what I understand they essentially value and assess women and men the same way (for the most part), don't seem to discriminate based upon species, don't distinguish between biological/adopted children, and (I think) are freely accepting of same-sex relationships/marriages. Sounds like a sweet deal to me. Now, there's just that small matter of being a dedicated warrior... ;)

You know what I think would be kinda cool for kids, as well as other family members of our characters in general? Give us the ability to create and slot into the family tree "extras", who wouldn't be full characters of ours, but who could appear in cutscenes/quests.

You know what I think would be kinda cool for kids, as well as other family members of our characters in general? Give us the ability to create and slot into the family tree "extras", who wouldn't be full characters of ours, but who could appear in cutscenes/quests.

That would be a really nice way to add to the dynamics of the game, true. I suppose we'll have to see what Bioware ends up doing.

The kids idea may look nice, yes...still, I don't think it will do any good.

The distant purpose of legacy looked like this, yes. But here's one huge problem. First - a lot of couples are different spieces. I tried hard to dig anything lore-like about human+mirialan physiology, but no facts given. Adoption? Probably, but anyway, here comes the problem which is even bigger then twilek kid from mirialan mom and human dad..

TIME FACTOR. Unless time-travel appears (oh please, please, BW,DON'T) "kid" would have to go through EXACTLY same timeline and storyline. Which means that Corso's (hypothetical) matured gunslinger sonny will start his career from....YES, meeting Corso Riggs on Ord Mantell and chacing Skavak, and regaining (his mom's?) ship etc etc, up to Voidy... Well, I think you already got the idea right. Forcing "children" to keep off "parents" class could be an option, still - timeline will remain the same, anyway. "Phasing" whole the galaxy?..Like "30 yrs after", new world, new missions, new lines...don't think it's even close to possible.

Vette and my Sith Lord will have many fine Human/Twi'lek offspring. He's going to knock Jaesa up on the side for the uber force sensitive breeding potential as well.

My Sage and Iresso have already set up a nursery and Holiday will be playing nanny. Qyzen keeps saying the kids must start counting kills after they start walking.

The kids idea may look nice, yes...still, I don't think it will do any good.

The distant purpose of legacy looked like this, yes. But here's one huge problem. First - a lot of couples are different spieces. I tried hard to dig anything lore-like about human+mirialan physiology, but no facts given. Adoption? Probably, but anyway, here comes the problem which is even bigger then twilek kid from mirialan mom and human dad..

TIME FACTOR. Unless time-travel appears (oh please, please, BW,DON'T) "kid" would have to go through EXACTLY same timeline and storyline. Which means that Corso's (hypothetical) matured gunslinger sonny will start his career from....YES, meeting Corso Riggs on Ord Mantell and chacing Skavak, and regaining (his mom's?) ship etc etc, up to Voidy... Well, I think you already got the idea right. Forcing "children" to keep off "parents" class could be an option, still - timeline will remain the same, anyway. "Phasing" whole the galaxy?..Like "30 yrs after", new world, new missions, new lines...don't think it's even close to possible.

There actually is time travel in star wars, via hybernation, and error in hyper space jumps (little known fact- the force powers the hyperdrive- thank you Rakatan eTech! )

but it wouldn't be like that- more likely they plan on legacy being separate class.