Operations Group Finder

Draykoe

SO FED UP!!!! Literally. I gave this game a shot and leveled all the way up to level 55 got all 69 gear (except pants and gloves) and STILL CAN'T get in a operation in group finder. The crazier part is, I sit in Group finder for HOURS!!! I mean hours, before i even get accepted to get into one just to be denied due to someone else not accepting the invite. On top of that I see so many people with these post in the General chat : " LF 1 Dps for sm TFB or whatever OP" and only to be greeted with no reply when i ask for an invite or a sorry let me ask my Guild leader. Like seriously man come on. What happened to being able to be rewarded by at least being able to get an invitation or accepted in group finder for all the time you do dedicate to this game. IT IS TOTALLY NOT FAIR TO ANYONE who is not in a planning guild or literally dedicating every minute of their life to this game. I seriously feel like I leveled and spent all the time I have dedicated to this game FOR NOTHING!!!! So my only question is.... What do I do now?

First off GF OPs are horrible. Que times, people not knowing what to do, undergeared people, people queing for wrong role, the list goes on. Only time I ever que for GF OPs is if its mostly a guild run and we are doing it coms.

I feel your frustration with not getting replies from folks shouting in fleet. Nothing grinds my gears more than replying to them, not getting a response, and then seeing them shouting again. Not much you can do about this. Some groups are elitest/snobs when is comes to certain roles/jobs.

Only real suggestion I have is to join a guild.

RIGHT!!! Dude and I'm just gonna say this for the record. I'm rolling over from an XBOX community and I'll tell you what. I have NEVER EVER met so many arrogant, snobbing, jerks in my life in a video than I have on this MMO. For real man. Everywhere I go to ask for help or even try to join a guild for help. NOBODY responds or even at least points me in the right direction. Trash man. Bioware fix your group finder folks. Love the concept and believe this game has sooooo much potential to be a very good MMO with a good community but for now, canceling the subscription and taking it back to XBOX man.

RIGHT!!! Dude and I'm just gonna say this for the record. I'm rolling over from an XBOX community and I'll tell you what. I have NEVER EVER met so many arrogant, snobbing, jerks in my life in a video than I have on this MMO. For real man. Everywhere I go to ask for help or even try to join a guild for help. NOBODY responds or even at least points me in the right direction. Trash man. Bioware fix your group finder folks. Love the concept and believe this game has sooooo much potential to be a very good MMO with a good community but for now, canceling the subscription and taking it back to XBOX man.

Unfortunately, it's not BW, it's the MMO culture in general. Frankly, there are MMOs out there that are far worse believe it or not. There are some thing you can do though:

Guides:

There are guides for just about every aspect to every MMO both on the game's website in the forums and other places. Usually, if you don't find what you're looking for, at the very least, you can display a bit of knowledge in General Chat the next time you ask a question which improves the odds of a polite and helpful response because you've displayed that you have actually put at least a little time in on the subject already and aren't just being lazy (because, yes lazy people are out there too). For example, I learned that phrasing my questions with: "Ok. Question. I know (blank), but what about (blank)? Does anyone know?" Gets a faster and better answer every time.

Servers:

Believe it or not but each server on any MMO is like a little city and just like cities, each one has a certain feel or community. As you would expect, you're going to get a completely different culture for people on a server with a "New York" feel then you are for one that's more like "Smallville." Try a couple of different servers and poke around their forums to see if you can find one that's a bit more polite.

System:

Just like what server you are on may affect what type of answers you get, so too does what planet you are on as well. The general rule of thumb is, the lower the planet, the less likely you are going to get a response.

Yes, a lot of it is because there are rude players out there but part of it is also because even veteran players who do answer the occasional question can't exactly spend every night of their gaming typing out the same answers over and over and over again. Eventually, we would like to play too.

Personally, I limit it to five a night myself and most polite veterans have a similar type of rule in order to cut down on the number of responses (only people who use the "magic word", always answering a certain type of question, etc, etc, etc). It's not that we're being rude, it's just simple gaming survival on our part because, as I said before, if we responded to everyone then we would never get any of our own gaming done and, again, we would like to play too.

For me, after the fifth question, I just turn off chat and move on. Obviously, that 5th question is going to occur much sooner on a lower leveled planet then it will for a higher one where there are both fewer people and the people who are there have been playing for a while and have worked out most things for themselves. Needless to say that it works the same or similar for other players with other rules as well. We also know that while it may be a pain but, most of the general, low leveled questions can be easily found for those lower planets with a simple search as opposed to the more intricate ones that higher leveled players will ask.

Recruiting:

Most guilds who are recruiting generally have recruiting drives and those are usually on the starter planets as well as the Fleet. Just like on Fleet, they will post in General Chat, who they are, what they're about and information about joining. They will also occasionally post in the forums as well. Your odds of getting into a good guild for you increase by quite a bit if you seek out those recruiters in the "quieter" areas (starter planets and forums) instead of casually asking around in PUGs. or trying to catch someone's attention on a crowded Fleet where, chances are, even the nicest of recruiters can become so inundated with replies that they don't even see yours. As a result, I've always found far better luck on the starter planets where there are fewer people and thus fewer responses to the recruiter.

Play Polite:

While hardly advertised, polite players get friended and rude ones get ignored. "Ninja looting" (poaching) does occasionally get called out and every time it does, about half a dozen people place that name on their ignore list but, just as often someone who knows how to jump in and help out a fellow player in trouble not only gets remembered but often finds their way to people's friend's list. Beyond that, it's just a great way to meet people anyway which increases your chances of enjoying yourself that much more because what's true in RL is just as true in game when it comes to that: "The fastest and best way to make a good friend is to be one."

Anyway, that's all I can think of for now, hope that helps. :)

Edited by Dallayna

Thanks you so much for your help. Now this is what Im talking about. A person who is really helpful. Now I can understand the big picture a little more. One thing I will have to do is some research on different servers. I'm on Harbringer now. I was also thinking that maybe I should start my own guild and go recruiting for straight up casual players. Do you think this is a good idea?

Thanks you so much for your help. Now this is what Im talking about. A person who is really helpful. Now I can understand the big picture a little more. One thing I will have to do is some research on different servers. I'm on Harbringer now. I was also thinking that maybe I should start my own guild and go recruiting for straight up casual players. Do you think this is a good idea?

Firstly, not a problem.

And secondly, about forming your own guild, very much so! Particularly if you want to get into end content like OPs and Flashpoints. Groupfinder is notorious for being pretty mean to players who don't have the best gear and the missions memorized completely. In fact, the "kind" ones generally just dump the mission mid-way through leaving the new player stranded. Unfortunately, there's not much anyone can do about that.

There are some guilds that run "build up" events which consists of taking players slowly through the operations and flashpoints in order to get them geared and acclimated but I honestly couldn't say how common or rare those are since I gave up on that whole idea for a while because I just don't want to mess with all of that when I've still got tons of other things to enjoy that aren't quite so aggravating.

As for servers, although it takes a while, I personally just made a bunch of low leveled alts on different servers and paid half an eye on General Chat as well as the attitudes and actions of my fellow players through the starter planets. Too many Trolls and/or "Ninjas", I just deleted and drove on until I found one that seemed like it had more then the usual amount of "chatter" that I liked.

In fact, it was a general discussion during one of the quieter afternoons that somehow wound up involving just about everyone on Tython about galactic politics and history, the Force and the relative merits and difficulties of the Jedi Council set up throughout which everyone stayed almost entirely in character that was my "straw" when it came to deciding to stay on Bergren's. In fact, it was because of that and coming across a couple of people who actually knew how to "leapfrog" (two people going through the same area but not really in the mood to team- they get a group, you get a group- rinse and repeat until you both get to your destinations...) on Korriban the day before.

Whatever your tastes though, you are bound to find both a server and some people that are like you and that you like- you just have to keep plugging away and not get discouraged.

Remember, when it comes to MMO's- despite the fact that there are many people who want to treat everything like it's a sprint, it's not. It's more like a marathon. The more you take your time to do just about everything- level, gear, explore, try things, enjoy content, the better off you and your characters will be later on down the road. You'll have more credits, more experience (both player and character), more friends and more of a knowledge of where you are and what you are doing which is always helpful for when you go into the next area and/or aspect when you don't because all of that will always give you that many more resources both in game and out to figure your way through whatever it is that first time.

Hope that helps. :)

Edited by Dallayna

I agree with most of your ops q frustrations. I can't really speak to the harbinger server, but I am in the largest social guild on the shadowlands server. It seems to me that you just need a little help finding the right guild for you.

I'm not sure what games you play on Xbox, but if you think the clientele is any different, I would politely disagree.

Also, after a year of watching the "I am canceling me subscription" posts (for whatever reason), I can tell you that it's not effective and only makes you look like a whiner.