Most fitting race for Sith Inquisitor?

Indivu

Well if you're like me and you like getting special lines of dialogue that recognize what you're playing, you'd pick an alien of some sort. They treat you extra crappy! :) Mine was a rattataki though I eventually race changed to human because BALD

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did mine as Twi'lek and it fit perfectly. The only issue was the cosmetics of a certain family member and it does stink that it wasnt altered to fit that species option, the overall story felt right with my twi'lek. Plus i gave him wicked sith tattoos and he looked awesome.

Though, if you really want to feel like the storyline matches up all around....Probably just go human female. Even though I like that alien because the slave thing, there is a certain someone that would probally prefer you to be human female.

Edited by kirorx

(SPOILERS AHEAD AND HELP NEEDED)

Hi, lore-freak here. I have struggling with the SI for some weeks now. I did leveled a human till mid 15 or so but dropped it (I alread have other humans). To me, keeping my toons lore-friendly is part of my personal immersion so the "play what you like or want" doesnt works here. I have been browsing the forums here and all over internet collecting info about the most fitting race for SI because of that. So, let me present my case and then my questions. All help is appreciated.

I know that the sith empire was racist (specist?) and that leave us with very few options for SI as he is a slave, name it humans, chiss, zabraks, purebloods, twileks and rattatakis. These are the races I know that can be found in the empire as free willing part of it (chiss) or slave fodder (rattatakis, twileks, zabraks, humans).

- THE PUREBLOOD: I did some research about the SI because since the beginning his plot and class is surround by polemics. Bioware allowed people to roll purebloods due outcry demand. Noted. Now, I read some good points about a pb going into slavery as a viable possibility and bio even provided an extra line explaining why your character became a slave wich is nice and fine but still sounds streching to me seeing a pb running as a slave being mocked while there is another pb right there being well adressed by his oversee.

CHISS seem out of question to me. Chiss were - afaik - the only alien race that freely joined the empire and are mostly respected (as an alien race could be in a racist system) besides force sensitivity is an even more rare trait among them. I rolled mine as an IA and I know there is a lot of juice (specific lines) related to this class and race combo. I am cool ignoring them as a force users.

That leaves me with the ZABRAK. Ah, the zabrak. I tried, guys. I really did. I am a Darth Maul fan too (even if they retconned as dathomirian). But as much as I like to roll toons here and there inspired by my fave characters (not only here), rolling a zabrak assassin sounded like a cheap copycat while a sorcerer is even more strenching being zabs such fighting and though race. I have no problem rolling odd characters, I have a rattataki scoundrel planned (the bar fighter hired gun with good heart kinda of character).

Again, i read somewhere that zabraks also would incur in the same timeline frame problem that rattatakis (by the time that Kallig lived, they were not a know race).

I will skip twilkes due the ancestor issue. It is pretty clear to me that Kallig wasnt a twilek and even if we consider the interbreeding, i find the race a bit silly with those lekkus.

I reach the point where - regarding imperial races - I am stuck with human (again, boring) and rattataki. My problem with the rattataki is, again, lore. There are many rattas slaves but they were discovered like 25 years ago? Maybe more I guess but they are a newly discovered race at that point. And the ancestor of the SI comes from a wealthy alien family (if you pick an alien race).

Question: am I wrong to consider the rattataki so much out of scope? Kallig lived like 1500 years ago and there could be breeding from human and purebloods

Of course, we have the CYBORG. A semi-valid option but as someone pointed who would pay for those fancy enhancements for a slave? My question here is: are they threated as humans or aliens here (SI plot)? Namely in the conversation with that guy where they explain about Kallig, will he state that he was an alien (because you are a cyborg) or use the same line from humans and purebloods (he was oddly pro-alien).

REPUBLIC RACES?

I am also considering republic races or one at least. Someone mentioned miralukas here. I think they could fit without being so much lore break (or none at all!). Fast check list: old race (?), Force sensitivity, some slaves in the empire, one of the trainers in Drommund Kas is a miraluka... and most interesting, Jerec, the INQUISITOR from dark forces was retconned as a miraluka. Ok, I know we are talking about 4000 years ahead from Old Republic but again, it is a nice reference. This also got my attention:

"Those that fell to the dark side of the Force, however, took to the many ailments that came along with it. Their distortion of sight, in some cases, caused mass hysteria and visions, nightmares induced into reality, as hallucinations. Due to this, it was almost a natural fear for many to fall down the dark path. "

Source: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Miraluka

Sounds a lot fitting in the inquisitor class design by bioware, specially the madness spec, doesnt it? So far, besided human, the miraluka is the one that makes more sense lore-wise to me even not being part of the imperial races.

Though? Ideas? Thanks in advance and sorry by the long text.

Edited by Thiago

Human seems best. Not only do they have the great slave scar/branding options it makes sense for Zash to go with a human apprentice over an alien due to being a Sith.

She's likely want to stay human and not deal with the alien issues.

However, if she did okay an alien, it's likely she'd want to be close to human. Miraluka is good for that. I feel she might have some issues with others.

How so? Aren't they even more respected then humans?

Well, yes, generally they are. But there could be exceptions to this...

It is shown through the class story that Lord Kallig was a disgrace in his time. While I am no expert on the ways of the Sith, it could be possible that a Sith Pureblood would be put into slavery due the complete and utter disgrace of his/her lineage because of an ancestor

Human seems best. Not only do they have the great slave scar/branding options it makes sense for Zash to go with a human apprentice over an alien due to being a Sith.

However, if she did okay an alien, it's likely she'd want to be close to human. Miraluka is good for that. I feel she might have some issues with others.

I went with a Rattataki for that reason. White skin gives off the cold vibe of my inquisitor, the race is quite popular in slavery, but it also resembles a human.

Miraluka I'd say fits rather well, given that

Grandpa Kallig's

mask makes such a feature of the whole "creepy empty eye sockets" motif.

The only downside is that, given quite a few of the visuals, including the final shot, play off the whole "look, creepy glowing eyes" thing, not to mention that, if you're dark side, it's perhaps THE iconic class for Dark Side corruption, you sort of lose out on that if you're The Eyeless.

What do you guys think the most lore friendly race would be for a Sith Inquisitor? I was thinking about unlocking the Miraluka via Legacy because of their strong connection to the Force and all, but I'm not sure it would make perfect sense since (KotOR 2 spoilers)

Darth Nihilus destroyed their home planet 300 years ago.

Other than Miraluka, I would guess a Twi'lek would be a good choice considering they are one of the most enslaved species in the galaxy. But I'm still not sure..

Mhm.. what do you guys suggest?

A human or a near-human, which is really just a human anyway as the only difference is pigmentation, body hair, eye color, etc. in most cases. Near-humans are just descendants of humans isolated on worlds who evolved of the beaten path. No different than races here on Earth look different but are all the same species.

Also a "pureblood" (which are also technically humans, but mixed with aliens thru sith alchemy), but you'd have had to do something really bad to be an enslaved pureblood. I like the look aesthetically, but really it doesn't make a lot of sense. They reconned the lore to make it more palatable, but that's all B.S.

The mixing with the original sith race was unnatural and was a social undertaking in pursuit of power. This would not have occurred in order to mix with "lesser" alien races. Actual aliens like Twi'lek or Zabrak make no sense. They are actually alien and the inquisitor is the descendent of ancient sith bloodline. So he should be a race genetically compatible with humans. I think being a sorcerer is important as the class story sets the character up to be showy and extravagant. An assassin is too conventional looking in combat. The inquisitor should be conjuring force storms and hurling lightning.

The reasons she picked you weren't cosmetic. It wasn't like she could just pick whoever she wanted. Only you could have accomplished the task and you were the most powerful.

The reasons she picked you weren't cosmetic. It wasn't like she could just pick whoever she wanted. Only you could have accomplished the task and you were the most powerful.

I always though because (1) she had a vision about you (2) Because she suspected you had tie to what she was looking for .

I always though because (1) she had a vision about you (2) Because she suspected you had tie to what she was looking for .

She knew it was a slave and that you would attain a lot of power. She obviously figured out you were the one by the time she sends you to get the holocron that no other Sith was able to get beforehand. Furthermore, only you could survive against Kallig. She didn't know the specifics, but she knew only you could survive facing the force ghost. So given this and the fact that you were destined for great power you could probably have been a wookie or a sullustan and she would still have chosen you because alien or not you would have the power to make her ambitions a reality.

Perhaps doesn't fit in with the ancestor point, but I've been enjoying my run through as a Twi'lek inquisitor. I like the idea of carving my way up through the ranks as an Alien most other Sith would only see as a slave race. Adds more defiance and a certain bitterness to the more sarcastic conversation choices too.

If you care about story and can forget Kallig not having any lekku, I would go with Twi'lek. They are known for being traded as slaves and the game mentions you being a Twi'lek instead of a generic alien. Kaillg is a force apparition BTW so he may not appear in his true form. He's basically just a suit of armour.

If you've discounted Twi'lek and the other races mentioned earlier, then what about Mirialan? They are near-human enough that could have been bred from a sith bloodline, we are talking about just one ancestor that lived thousands of years ago. You can also pick red eyes for them in character creator which could be the drop of sith blood showing through. They are force sensitive and while they have only been a recent addition to canon, they appear in the Dawn of the Jedi comics which go back to like 25000 BBY.

Well, we know the original races available for the class were...

Cyborg

Human

Rattataki

Pureblood

Twilek

Zabarak

Cyborg is Human and Pureblood was only added because people complained they couldn't have a Pureblood Inquisitor.

Human

Rattataki

Twilek

Zabarak

Out of those four, Human is the only one with slave markings. Zabarak however is very Darth Maul.

While the race/gender may not matter to Zash, from a story perspective, figure Inquisitor is still likely a female (not to mention Andronikus romance seems to be more well written over the Ashara one).

Well, we know the original races available for the class were...

Human

Rattataki

Twilek

Zabarak

Out of those four, Human is the only one with slave markings. Zabarak however is very Darth Maul.

Of all those races, only Rattataki males do not have slave brands under the scar slider. Also Pureblood females have some of the brands while the males have none. I don't know if it's a bug or not, the disparity between the sexes.

Of all those races, only Rattataki males do not have slave brands under the scar slider. Also Pureblood females have some of the brands while the males have none. I don't know if it's a bug or not, the disparity between the sexes.

I'll have to recheck those then. Last time I looked, I didn't see any of the slave scars, but I may have skipped the Rattataki (no hair!). I thought I checked female Purebloods, as I keep trying to make one I like the look of (and fail).

I'll have to recheck those then. Last time I looked, I didn't see any of the slave scars, but I may have skipped the Rattataki (no hair!). I thought I checked female Purebloods, as I keep trying to make one I like the look of (and fail).

It's hard to tell on the Purebloods because of their dark skin and face ridges but I just double checked before posting and they are definitely there. The most popular L shaped one is available. Not for males though.

It's hard to tell on the Purebloods because of their dark skin and face ridges but I just double checked before posting and they are definitely there. The most popular L shaped one is available. Not for males though.

Seeing as how Purebloods were not meant to be an original race for the Inquisitor class, this has me wondering why they haven't made the scars unlockable or just plain available for all!

Seeing as how Purebloods were not meant to be an original race for the Inquisitor class, this has me wondering why they haven't made the scars unlockable or just plain available for all!

Just one of many questionable design choices when it comes to character creation. We've been begging for years for more options on just about every species but alas our pleas fall on deaf ears ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I chose Chiss, because of how you start as a slave and also the mystery that encircle their entire race.

To me a Chiss Sith Inquisitor would be incredibly cold and calculating without losing its manners. Would master the Dark Side of the Force as its true Master, turning that passion into a surgical tool or weapon and not easily dominated by its natural corrupting power seen by other who become mad or give up to its base crude homicidal self-delusion and destructive tendencies...

I see Chiss SI as a potential to become like The Emperor Palpatine or Darth Sidious: Scheming, powerful, and evil to the core, restoring the Sith and capable of destroying the Jedi Order. Living a double life, if needed like phantom menace or even master both sides of the Force like Revan did. Slowly manipulating the political system of the Galactic Republic, Empire or any Political Power until becoming eventually Emperor -- ruling the galaxy through fear, tyranny and enforcing a strict order.

(Also quite the opposite to match as a force of good too, like the elder Luke Skywalker).

Well in my opinion of course...that and DOES Evil cold mysterious Red eyes, calculating look and emotionless face... they look so good! It Screams greatness no matter the class! Im actually surprise never cross any Sith Chiss mayor story character nor as a minor enemy...which make them even more rare, if chosen by the Force.

Sigh* If only new class stories open up to let us actually built up a character to this type of complexity. Hope for the future, maybe!

I have heard people say human makes the most sense, considering your ancestor was a Sith Lord during the time of Marka Ragnos and the Old Sith Empire. Which was relatively close to the time the dark jedi had began interbreeding with the original Sith species, making your ancestor a pureblood or a human with Sith dna.

The problem is that the inquisitor specifically states that there is not a drop of Sith blood in them, making the inquisitor make more sense as an alien species...but which? With this in mind, you're left with two choices: The Rattataki or the twi'leks. Rattataki doesn't make alot of sense to me, because this race only became a common slave after Darth Vich's insurrection, and the inquisitors family had been enslaved for several generations. Twi'lek, in my opinion, is the most sound lore choice for the class.

Edited by cool-dude