Who else uses nova dive/black bolt (by choice)?

Nocher

Sabotage Probe isn't a great weapon out of the box but once you put a few upgrades into it it becomes a lot better, especially once you get the upgrade that locks out the engine ability. My current upgrade plan for my Blackbolt is to upgrade Sabotage Probe to that level, get EMP to the level where it locks out the engine ability as well, and basically screw with gunships by EMPing and then Sabotaging before killing them (yes, cluster & bursts on a Flashfire/Sting are more efficient, but messing with a gunship pilot puts him off his game once he respawns).

And of course, nothing beats watching someone boost away only to realise too late that they can't turn any more and oh hey there's a big rock in front of them :D

I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to prove, here. 5000 meters isn't all that short of a range for a lot of weapons scouts get, and it's the same range as cluster missiles.

2,7s lock-on at this short range is a lot of time for your opponent to move out of your targeting reticle and break the lock-on.

I don't say it's impossible to land a sab-probe, but it's very difficult. Especially against good pilots.

The only real secondary weapon that is iffy for scouts is Thermite, ...

Thermite torpedoes are just crap in their current form and need a complete rework.

If they'd work in a similar manner like the plasma railgun, then they might be a choice.

Make the damage against shields and hull the same, remove shield piercing and split up the damage into a direct and a dot component.

Actually, all secondaries on ND are awesome.

Pods, no discussion, easy to use, good damage boost, though they got nerfed horribly in the last patch. Don't really understand why because nobody ever said they were OP, but guess they took a hit from the same nerfhammer that was supposed to go on slug railguns and burst cannons.

Thermite is harder to use than pods, but it is more fun and its range gives you a fun edge against gunships and other nobrainers. I had many more epic kills with thermites in 5 days than I had in 3 months with pods.

Sabo probe is frickin awesome. 5k range with huge targetting circle. I land full thermite lock-ons in closer distances, and they are longer with narrower cone. Sabo probe is easy to lock on, hard to evade for those who tend to risk and wait till the lock is complete, and the debuff is a hell in space. Some may find it weak because it doesn't actively kill the enemy, sometimes it even "steals" the kill by sending the guy to the wall, but the function of it is just awesome. Gunships and their ions can go cry in corner when someone brings a sabo.

I somehow miss some "different" laser cannon though. We have three mediocre variants. I'd like quads or heavies, or even ions for lulz. I bet I could make a build around ions. That would be fun.

We need a second ND/BB model added to game. I need second loadout, too. It's not only about EMP, but also about thermites or my favourite shield - engine power converter.

I somehow miss some "different" laser cannon though. We have three mediocre variants. I'd like quads or heavies, or even ions for lulz. I bet I could make a build around ions. That would be fun..

Laser cannons are nearly identical to quads. Little less damage, but better accuracy.