Bounty Hunters and rifles

Malchai

I'm confused as to why bounty hunters are limited to pistols when it makes so much sense for them to be able to equip rifles and scatterguns at least in addition to using pistols. I've done a search in the forums and yielded no results so I'm asking here first.

Short version - Because Bioware says so.

It was most likely done to create a stronger visual difference between the various archetypes, akin to the reason why Guardians cant use saberstaffs etc.

Though with all today's adaptive armour the idea of distinctive class 'silhouettes' is kinda out of the window these days.

Many of us have asked for the option to use other weapons; Smugglers and Bounty Hunters with Rifles, Imperial Agents with Pistols. Obviously a Sniper would remain limited to Sniper Rifle and a Gunslinger would remain limited to a pair of Pistols, but for the others the option to choose would be nice and does not seem like it would be a problem.

Unfortunately we have never received a dev reply on the subject and the threads are generally moved to the Suggestion Box, buried under a pile of PvP requests and forgotten.

:cool:

Me and my guildies were talking about this subject a few days ago. I honestly would love the idea of using a rifle on my Merc. Being a healing, the option of a rifle over 2 pistols seems more appealing to me. This being said, it could also ultimately change the healing animation from darts, to a beam for the instant cast free heal (attack) ability.

Just saying :)

Many of us have asked for the option to use other weapons; Smugglers and Bounty Hunters with Rifles, Imperial Agents with Pistols. Obviously a Sniper would remain limited to Sniper Rifle and a Gunslinger would remain limited to a pair of Pistols, but for the others the option to choose would be nice and does not seem like it would be a problem.

Unfortunately we have never received a dev reply on the subject and the threads are generally moved to the Suggestion Box, buried under a pile of PvP requests and forgotten.

That would give a disadvantage to Snipers and Gunslingers. Plus, they're actually not limited to only using those weapons. You can equip a regular rifle as a Sniper or just one pistol as a Gunslinger.

That would give a disadvantage to Snipers and Gunslingers. Plus, they're actually not limited to only using those weapons. You can equip a regular rifle as a Sniper or just one pistol as a Gunslinger.

Yes but not without detrimental effects. People wish to be able to customize their characters to their own preferred images, and I can't blame them. Bw has already allowed us this wih adaptable armor, but not with the weapons

Edited by LanceCorporalDan

the original logical reason was that they didn't want people to fight over gear.

While that is still a plenty logical reason for the leveling process, since end game gear drops tokens, you could easily add it in as an option. Just not a thing that would drop normally, (you wouldn't see random rifles with aim)

Then they can get rid of the restriction, it probably won't happen, but hey, one can dream.

*EDIT*

another thing they could introduce would be "adaptable weapons" for force users and adaptable weapons for non force users.

The only problem i see this presenting is one of the ways they seem to want people to be able to quickly identify AC's of players, atm it's very clear cut, adding in adaptable weapons would muddy this up. (still not a really legitimate reason but it's bs they could hide behind)

Edited by DarthVenizen

Well all that is terribly discouraging. Bobba and Jango Fett, IG-88 and many more notorious bounty hunters used rifles, I can see no reason why we should be denied in game the ability to equip them for aesthetics if nothing else. But thanks for the replies.

Well all that is terribly discouraging. Bobba and Jango Fett, IG-88 and many more notorious bounty hunters used rifles, I can see no reason why we should be denied in game the ability to equip them for aesthetics if nothing else. But thanks for the replies.

jango's primary weapon of choice was dual pistols....

Boba used a carbine, and Jango used pistols.

Actually, IG-88 kinda used carbines primary and his own built in weapons.

Dengar was probably the only one, strictly using rifles.

Boba used a carbine, and Jango used pistols.

Actually, IG-88 kinda used carbines primary and his own built in weapons.

Dengar was probably the only one, strictly using rifles.

Bossk always used a Rifle and Boba's Carbine was a Rifle. Also, IG-88 primarily used his DLT-20A Blaster Rifle.

Edited by Blackavaar

Bossk always used a Rifle and Boba's Carbine was a Rifle.

The bounty hunter Boba Fett almost exclusively used the EE-3 as his primary weapon. Fett modified his by adding a stock and an electronic scope for distance shooting, making it a dangerous weapon

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/EE-3_carbine_rifle

Bossk's primary weapon was a Relby-v10 micro grenade launcher

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bossk

Yeah, your wrong.

Jango primarily used blasters but carried a rifle and did in fact use it. Why? Because much like in real life a rifle has better accuracy over a longer range and a greater maximum effective distance than a pistol. Now, the real issue is why you felt the need to point out something ridiculously trivial that didn't need pointing out at all and hijack the thread to make it tangent into something other than what it was intended for is beyond me unless you're just trolling.

The bounty hunter Boba Fett almost exclusively used the EE-3 as his primary weapon. Fett modified his by adding a stock and an electronic scope for distance shooting, making it a dangerous weapon

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/EE-3_carbine_rifle

Bossk's primary weapon was a Relby-v10 micro grenade launcher

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Bossk

Yeah, your wrong.

Um, check out Wookiepedia, buddy.

EE-3 Carbine Rifle used by Boba Fett.

Bossk's SWW-BKR.

And the Bossk entry in Wookiepedia depicting his image from both Empire and Clone Wars, in which he is holding his Rifle.

Now who's wrong?

Um, check out Wookiepedia, buddy.

EE-3 Carbine Rifle used by Boba Fett.

Bossk's SWW-BKR.

And the Bossk entry in Wookiepedia depicting his image from both Empire and Clone Wars, in which he is holding his Rifle.

Now who's wrong?

You are. Because.

The ee-3 carbine rifle, is still a carbine. BTW thanks for using the same link as me.

And Bossk's PRIMARY WEAPON (primary meaning MAIN) is as I said, and as WOOKIEPEDIA SAID, the grenade launcher.

L2Readscrub

Me and my guildies were talking about this subject a few days ago. I honestly would love the idea of using a rifle on my Merc. Being a healing, the option of a rifle over 2 pistols seems more appealing to me. This being said, it could also ultimately change the healing animation from darts, to a beam for the instant cast free heal (attack) ability.

Just saying :)

Yeah, commandos love the "focus me please" green beam of impending smash on our heals ;)

I do agree it looks cooler than the merc darts, though

wow... that got off topic in only one page...

IT'S AMAZING :D

Anyway - it's actually pretty easy to explain why Bounty Hunters don't use blaster rifles... also why IA's use rifles, but not pistols - it all comes down to Class difference and animations. I very much DOUBT that the devs believed that bounty hunters should ONLY use pistols

NEVER TOUCH RIFLES!!! IT'S A SIN!!!

It simply comes down to the fact, that they wanted to differentiate them from their mirror (the trooper) which is why the IA doesn't use a pistol (but a rifle) and the commando advanced class uses an autocannon - it's to make them look unique, stand out on the battle field. It's not some scheme plotted against you, it's not some horrible form of mind control being forced upon you

It's simply the way they wanted those classes to define themselves

Now, you can riot - I salute you for it... and MAYBE they'll convert the Trooper animations or the IA animations so that you can HAVE those kinds of attacks for your BH... but I kind of doubt it, since they designed everything - from the BH's healing animation to his reload - around the Blaster Pistol

And, personally, I think it looks kind of cool...

wow... that got off topic in only one page...

IT'S AMAZING :D

Anyway - it's actually pretty easy to explain why Bounty Hunters don't use blaster rifles... also why IA's use rifles, but not pistols - it all comes down to Class difference and animations. I very much DOUBT that the devs believed that bounty hunters should ONLY use pistols

NEVER TOUCH RIFLES!!! IT'S A SIN!!!

It simply comes down to the fact, that they wanted to differentiate them from their mirror (the trooper) which is why the IA doesn't use a pistol (but a rifle) and the commando advanced class uses an autocannon - it's to make them look unique, stand out on the battle field. It's not some scheme plotted against you, it's not some horrible form of mind control being forced upon you

It's simply the way they wanted those classes to define themselves

Now, you can riot - I salute you for it... and MAYBE they'll convert the Trooper animations or the IA animations so that you can HAVE those kinds of attacks for your BH... but I kind of doubt it, since they designed everything - from the BH's healing animation to his reload - around the Blaster Pistol

And, personally, I think it looks kind of cool...

Didn't think about animation difference, good point. But I don't think it would be too difficult for bw. After all, they were able to allow everyone to use different armor and that kinda already blurred the unique looks of different classes.