Choosing to keep or send companions

LastWizard

I was hoping this game would have 8 or 9 companions and you could only choose 5 or so. The only reason I bring thus up is due to the fact that I feel like some of my companions just don't belong anywhere near near me. Being forced to take them was unnappealing and I dont realize why they didn't give more options for companions and allow them to be aquired through optional missions. I may be way off base but I just thought more decisions would be in the game.

I love this game, but I think they dropped the ball on companions by having them all fully voiced and storied. I'd rather have some main story companions and then even some randomly generated ones that can add some uniqueness to your experience (with a randomized ability set, etc).

Agreed. There was the option to kill companions in beta, but folks whined that they didn't have as many comps for gathering/crafting as the other kids did once they had killed off the comps they hated, so that option disamappeared.

Frankly, I'd kill nearly all the smuggler comps in a heartbeat.

Cowtipper wants to talk smack? BANG.

Skavaak's used up toy is on my ship? BANG. (You get the dialog option "I'll do anything that gets you off my ship," but it's meaningless, because apparently your ship has no doorlocks)

Big Wookie can't stop flinging mobs into new groups? BANG.

Give me more ship droids to gather, and I'm good.

And let's not get started on all the rest that needed to die:

Tanno Vik, Theran, "Gault," Skadge, Kaliyo (end of comp story), Quinn (end of comp story), Bieber Fett, Vector (whom I specifically told Keeper I didn't want on my ship, because I couldn't trust him).

I'm sure there are more.