Multiple stuns from stealth????

DNAstriker

Ok, first I must say that I have never liked PvP until this game. Now I love it. However, I'm still having serious issues with being stunned and beat to death constantly! lol

I have played dozens of warzones trying to figure out how to do it myself and how to defend against it. BUT, here's my issue....

Whats happening is that Rebels are staying in an area completely stealthed. And I mean totally invisible for what seems minutes. Then, as I approach I get stunned for about 4 secs. ( Looks like I'm sleeping). When I can take 1 step, I get stunned again, then again, thgen again. One time it was 4 times in a row and NOBODY was around me. I'm assuming it was done "while" stealthed. And done 4 consecutive times.

I have also been running in a safe area and stunned like this. NOBODY was around me. Now, I managed to see a couple of these players for a brief sec doing this to other players and that stun seems to be done by Shadows. But I rersearched the shadow and they CANNOT do what I've explained.

How are they doing this??? ( Staying completely invisible for minutes, stunning while invisible multiple times, and never being seen?

This is IRRITATING!!! I know it's what it's suppoed to do and I'm not upset at all, but I just want to learn how to do it AND defend against it.

And help/advise?

It's a legit mezz, but OP, you did NOT get mind trapped four times back to back. One single mind trap puts the resolve bar just a sliver from being full. The stealther would have had to wait until resolve died down after the second mind trap to do it another two times.

It's a legit mezz, but OP, you did NOT get mind trapped four times back to back. One single mind trap puts the resolve bar just a sliver from being full. The stealther would have had to wait until resolve died down after the second mind trap to do it another two times.

Then WHY when I took just one step I was stunned again, then again, and again. YES, 4 TIMES! It must have been 4 different coordinated players then, each taking turns. Other times it was 2 and 3 times in a row. Happens to my wife also ( we play together). If it's a cheat, say so and I'll drop it. However, if it's meant to be in-game, I just want to learn it so I can get good at PvP.

As I said, It's a great strategy and works ( from personal experiance. lol ), but I just want to know who does it, whats the name, and the strategy?

mind trap will fil resolve after used twice if you took one step each time after 2 step you be a full resolve. Not sure how much sleep dart adds to you resolve though but mind trap will not do that.

Sleep dart is basically the exact same as mind trap, except that it's tech, rather than force. Fills resolve by the same amount, so it too, can only be done twice.

Then WHY when I took just one step I was stunned again, then again, and again. YES, 4 TIMES! It must have been 4 different coordinated players then, each taking turns. Other times it was 2 and 3 times in a row. Happens to my wife also ( we play together). If it's a cheat, say so and I'll drop it. However, if it's meant to be in-game, I just want to learn it so I can get good at PvP.

As I said, It's a great strategy and works ( from personal experiance. lol ), but I just want to know who does it, whats the name, and the strategy?

So when you say stunned again, then again and again is it all in succession like one right after another? If so then it's impossible two stuns, two mezzes or a stun and a mezz will fill your resolve.

I think I get it. 2 times then? Could 2 players possiblly be doing this then? My wife and I play side by side and take turns with certain abilities. Could 2 players be just taking turns?

Also, This happens while I'm on my Imp charactger. So it's coming from the Rebel side. Whats the counterpart of Mind trap and what class?

And the stealth? All my stealth's on my alts are not completely invisible. The only completely invisible is Force Cloak on my wife's Shadow. But it only lasts 10 seconds I think. How can players "stay" completely invisible for extended periods of time?

I know I'm being a pest, but I'm just trying to be a better player in PvP because I keep getting hammered. lol.. Thanks in advance.

The original poster here has a point however they seem to lack the ability to articulate the fact that stealth classes are over powered. preticularilly against ranged classes. although pure rangded classes have steath detection on thier side this is a mute point when all stealth classes have the ability to veto stealth detection with abilities like sneak or blackout. also they already have the upper-hand because they are approaching with the ability to plan out their attack which makes the bounty hunter and Trooper classes stealth scan ability virtually useless because you are only guessing there is a stealth class in your area and to place it in the exact spot where they are in like i said virtually impossible and with a a cool down of 20 seconds is pointless.

I say that there should be no immobilization or rooting abilities available to classes while they are in stealth period !

I think I get it. 2 times then? Could 2 players possiblly be doing this then? My wife and I play side by side and take turns with certain abilities. Could 2 players be just taking turns?

Also, This happens while I'm on my Imp charactger. So it's coming from the Rebel side. Whats the counterpart of Mind trap and what class?

And the stealth? All my stealth's on my alts are not completely invisible. The only completely invisible is Force Cloak on my wife's Shadow. But it only lasts 10 seconds I think. How can players "stay" completely invisible for extended periods of time?

I know I'm being a pest, but I'm just trying to be a better player in PvP because I keep getting hammered. lol.. Thanks in advance.

I can mezz 2 people at a time granted the mezz is only on one person at a time. say i mind trap you and your wife is there she move i mezz her then you start to move i re mezz you then you wife takes a step i mezz her again. Keeping you 2 busy till some one respond to you being there at a node.

Good sin can do this and make you waste your time till some one responds. Note i not saying we can mezz two people with mind trap at the same time it falls off the first target when you apply to the second target. It is called mezz switching lack for a better term

Edited by Neoforcer

The original poster here has a point however they seem to lack the ability to articulate the fact that stealth classes are over powered. preticularilly against ranged classes. although pure rangded classes have steath detection on thier side this is a mute point when all stealth classes have the ability to veto stealth detection with abilities like sneak or blackout. also they already have the upper-hand because they are approaching with the ability to plan out their attack which makes the bounty hunter and Trooper classes stealth scan ability virtually useless because you are only guessing there is a stealth class in your area and to place it in the exact spot where they are in like i said virtually impossible and with a a cool down of 20 seconds is pointless.

I say that there should be no immobilization or rooting abilities available to classes while they are in stealth period !

Pretty sure stealth scan will pop you out of stealth every time with sneak and blackout but I could be wrong. Also snipers get a stealth detection which certainly pops you out of stealth. I would say out of all the specs for stealth deception is currently in the best spot that posses any real threat to killing you but concealment might start butting into that picture with the buffs currently on the pts.

Ahhhh! kk, thanks. I get it now. I'll have to work on that skill. I'm not used to playing a stealth class. I've always played a tank-n-spank class. lol. And got owned by the stealth classes. LOL.

Ya i been playing sin since beta of swtor over 2 years ago the things you learn to do with a class playing only that class for 2 years. I been called a hacker for doing what i just describe to you of switching mind trap through tab target. On 2 players. People not knowing how a class works is alot to do with most of every hacker clam not saying there not people doing that it just people not knowing a jugg can leap to a a stealth in the endzone of hutball screaming he leaped to no one he hacking.

Pretty sure stealth scan will pop you out of stealth every time with sneak and blackout but I could be wrong. Also snipers get a stealth detection which certainly pops you out of stealth. I would say out of all the specs for stealth deception is currently in the best spot that posses any real threat to killing you but concealment might start butting into that picture with the buffs currently on the pts.

You can skate the side of stealth scan and never be detected there is a fine line granted but i can be on the edge of it and not have to be poped out of stealth

Edited by Neoforcer

And if a ranged class catches a shadow out of stealth, he is nothing more than target practice, I saw we stop ranged classes from having any ranged attacks!!!

The only immobilization is the mezz which can only be used when a target is out of combat and it almost completely fills resolve. There is no root from stealth (or out of stealth for that matter).

And if a ranged class catches a shadow out of stealth, he is nothing more than target practice, I saw we stop ranged classes from having any ranged attacks!!!

No, no...what needs to happen here is that all smashers need to be given a damage boost, plus unlimited cc breaks, and a few more defensive cool downs. That's the only way I ever see war zones being fair and fun to play.

No...stealth level on slingers and snipers increases to 30 levels above their own. Sneak/blackout only increases it by 15 levels.

So...in summary...no.

ok sounds good but you can't root or snare melee cause it isn't fair that they can't reach you. Come on *** is a matter with people in this game? Can there really be that many bads? If your focus your screwed 1 on 1 use your defenses range has quite a bit of them. Stealth is a gap closer, mez is a cc that breaks on damage, and if they can't close a gap HTF is it fair you can root and snare and kite?This is a L2P issue for real.

Edited by Rhyn

mind trap will fil resolve after used twice if you took one step each time after 2 step you be a full resolve. Not sure how much sleep dart adds to you resolve though but mind trap will not do that.

If Resolve is working, that is.

Most likely, I guess - meanwhile everybody els here assumes that this was done to you by 1 person ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer