lord vitiate vs darth vader

XSUPREMESKILLZX

If Vitiate's lightning (the big roflstomp version he uses on the Jedi striketeam) is on a similar level to when Marek used his own lightning heavily buffed by Kamino's pylons, then that may be a massive advantage for him, if not then it's coming down to close combat and that is where the Emperor would be the same as the rebel crewman that Vader chokes out in the beginning of IV.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Vitiate's lightning (the big roflstomp version he uses on the Jedi striketeam) is on a similar level to when Marek used his own lightning heavily buffed by Kamino's pylons, then that may be a massive advantage for him, if not then it's coming down to close combat and that is where the Emperor would be the same as the rebel crewman that Vader chokes out in the beginning of IV.

I'd say it is, considering the lightning was "infinitely more powerful than nyriss's" which could char people to husks.

I still don't think that amounts to fighting the most powerful sith lord who had ever existed (up till his time)

One Jedi vs a whole host of Sith that had been trained in the same field of study Vitiate got his Nathema ritual from, led by Darth Sion a walking deadman who hunted and slaughtered Jedi for something like 50 years straight and then Darth Traya whose powers are excessive to say the least(severely under-rated in these parts) all empowered by the most powerful Dark Side Nexus the galaxy ever saw.

I'd say that is about as difficult as it gets.

Also whilst Vitiate is given the title most powerful until his time, I would say he has some pretty serious competition...

Edited by LadyKulvax

One Jedi vs a whole host of Sith that had been trained in the same field of study Vitiate got his Nathema ritual from, led by Darth Sion a walking deadman who hunted and slaughtered Jedi for something like 50 years straight and then Darth Traya whose powers are excessive to say the least(severely under-rated in these parts) all empowered by the most powerful Dark Side Nexus the galaxy ever saw.

I'd say that is about as difficult as it gets

The HoT fighting through kaas city (just as potent of a DS nexus i'd say, i mean it's the home of the emperor himself), fighting all the way to the emperor himself, whom is described as:

The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed. (SWTORE, Page 89)

The Sith Emperor has mastered the dark side's power to become the most dominating Force-user the galaxy has ever seen. His corrupting influence is so complete that none can stand in his presence without succumbing to fear, anger and hatred. The Emperor can wither and ruin even the strongest Jedi's connection to the light side.(SWTOR: Codex Entry)

The Sith Emperor, history's most powerful dark side master, performed a ritual of incredible scope to consume the life energy of every being on his homeworld. (SWTORE, Page 148)

despite that vitiate was weakened, i'd say it's at least = to the exile's feat

Edited by XSUPREMESKILLZX

The HoT fighting through kaas city (just as potent of a DS nexus i'd say, i mean it's the home of the emperor himself), fighting all the way to the emperor himself, whom:

The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed. (SWTORE, Page 89)

The Sith Emperor has mastered the dark side's power to become the most dominating Force-user the galaxy has ever seen. His corrupting influence is so complete that none can stand in his presence without succumbing to fear, anger and hatred. The Emperor can wither and ruin even the strongest Jedi's connection to the light side.(SWTOR: Codex Entry)

The Sith Emperor, history's most powerful dark side master, performed a ritual of incredible scope to consume the life energy of every being on his homeworld. (SWTORE, Page 148)

despite that vitiate was weakened, i'd say it's at least = to the exile's feat

You dont need to pull quotes out I have the Encyclopedia.

It is also stated in canon to be by far the most powerful Dark Side Nexus, It corrupted an entire host of Jedi completely just by walking on it, if you didn't turn you just died, no ifs or buts, the Exile was one extremely unique case and Nihilus whom was at the epicenter ceased to be a person at all.

Vitiate is a very weak combatant, when compared at least. He can dominate your mind or throw his lightning at you, in one case he summoned illusions of himself, compare that to Nihilus who just drained you of your power there and then or Exar Kun who could kill you in one hit of his more powerful bursts of Force Blast and he doesnt look all that amazing anymore does he?

Let us not even touch lightsaber combat or his combat awareness, he could've died to a well placed lightsaber throw if the Exile decided it and that would've been the end of that, no voices or any of that, just dead.

The Sith Emperor is only really truly impressive where rituals are concerned, take away his rituals and he seriously doesnt measure up at all to other greats of the same era.

You dont need to pull quotes out I have the Encyclopedia.

It is also stated in canon to be by far the most powerful Dark Side Nexus, It corrupted an entire host of Jedi completely just by walking on it, if you didn't turn you just died, no ifs or buts, the Exile was one extremely unique case and Nihilus whom was at the epicenter ceased to be a person at all.

Vitiate is a very weak combatant, when compared at least. He can dominate your mind or throw his lightning at you, in one case he summoned illusions of himself, compare that to Nihilus who just drained you of your power there and then or Exar Kun who could kill you in one hit of his more powerful bursts of Force Blast and he doesnt look all that amazing anymore does he?

Let us not even touch lightsaber combat or his combat awareness, he could've died to a well placed lightsaber throw if the Exile decided it and that would've been the end of that, no voices or any of that, just dead.

The Sith Emperor is only really truly impressive where rituals are concerned, take away his rituals and he seriously doesnt measure up at all to other greats of the same era.

lol, you can't possibly think his amulet blasts can insta-kill anyone, do you? Only impressive with rituals? He has the 2nd most powerful force lightning in the mythos, has advanced mind-dominating abilities, and can conjure force waves without waving his hand. His mere presence can wither the strongest jedi's connection to the lightside. And lastly, Darth Sidious, THE dark lord of the sith, got shot in the back by han solo. Now you might say "But he was handling other jedi!!" The same case can be made for vitiate, as he was busy defeating revan. Also, i believe nathema is canonically the most potent DS nexus

Edited by XSUPREMESKILLZX

lol, you can't possibly think his amulet blasts can insta-kill anyone, do you? Only impressive with rituals? He has the 2nd most powerful force lightning in the mythos, has advanced mind-dominating abilities, and can conjure force waves without waving his hand. His mere presence can wither the strongest jedi's connection to the lightside. And lastly, Darth Sidious, THE dark lord of the sith, got shot in the back by han solo. Now you might say "But he was handling other jedi!!" The same case can be made for vitiate, as he was busy defeating revan. Also, i believe nathema is canonically the most potent DS nexus

Let me show you how Dark Side energy works, Zannah summons a bunch of tendrils that make Darth Bane's defences absolutely futile, he loses his arm and goes all fetal position, that is because pure Dark Side energy has no defence, it just kills you.

In all the displays of his Force Blast Kun has only ever had one blast not kill something, that was against Aleema Keto another master of Sorcery whom used exactly the same ability, she was still knocked out by his attack regardless of the fact it was a short burst and not a charged one. All other times it was a lethal killing power.

Oh and there is no official ranking of Force Lightning, there are so many powerful wielders it is hard to get a seriously strong ranking, we only know Sidious' was definitely no.1, beyond that it would take a very long thread to determine say a top 10 so lets not say 'second most powerful in the mythos' about anyone regarding lightning, because that is an extreme debate there and then.

His mind domination is certainly impressive, though it is absolutely not perfect by any measure, people whom are prepared and have strong enough wills can avoid such an outcome, I mean Kira Carsen managed to overcome it, she is hardly a very powerful Jedi by any measure, Revan(redeemed) avoided it, he didnt even try it on the Exile for an unknown reason and a few others have managed the same.

Force Wave is hardly all that powerful whilst impressive, it is still hardly all that powerful and erm a codex entry with absolutely no showing of said ability being shown in any of his appearances (The Exile, Revan and the HoT never seemed to suffer from this effect, you sure this isn't being mistaken for Darth Jadus?).

Also, Revan was down and out, T3-M4 was dust in the wind and all he was attempting to do was finish Revan with a lightsaber, he still was wide open for a very clear death, the Emperor's situation was very very different, if you were going to point out any foolishness from Palpatine I am surprised it wasnt torturing his apprentice's son infront of his own eyes and not even putting his guard up, that was what started his long chain of deaths in the first place, over-confidence.

I am not saying the Emperor is weak, but to me the only sphere of power he dominates in during his era is rituals and sorcery, that is it, comparing with quite a few others, he is clearly not the absolute most powerful bar none in everything.

Also, i believe nathema is canonically the most potent DS nexus

Nathema lacks any force energy whatsoever, so that is impossible, a Dark Side nexus is a place where Dark Side energy is off the charts, Nathema has no Force energy at all, it is a dead world in every sense of the word, just like Katarr.

Edited by LadyKulvax

also: The ritual lasted ten days. Lord Vitiate orchestrated the sorcery and the planet Mediraas was consumed by the largest dark side nexus the galaxy would ever see. When the ritual ended, Lord Vitiate emerged as the only survivor. The pain, energy, and suffering of every living entity on the planet fueled his power and would prolong his life for centuries. The lifeless planet of Mediraas became a void in the Force and was erased from history. From that moment forward, the world would forever be known as Nathema, birthplace of the one and only Sith Emperor. (SWTORE, Page 161)

Lemme re-post

Ah that is better, regardless whilst impressive, that is still not the most powerful Force Wave even outside of his own timeline, Satele's is, she blew Malgus through a mountain so hard it collapsed on top of him.

Regardless, the point is missed, compared to others of even his own timeline he has serious competition, against Vader, his only saving grace is going to be overpowering Force Lightning, I dont see how his mind domination will work against Vader, Vader is about as strongly willed as anyone in Star Wars, illusions? Force Waves? they could certainly buy him some time.

Vader has two things that are going to really screw Vitiate over, his ability to wield telekinesis and attack him with his utterly dominating and almost perfect hybrid of Form V mastery simultaneously, good luck dominating minds and throwing lightning bolts at Vader when you're getting everything chucked at your face and then the most powerful tank in the Star Wars mythos getting launched at your faced lightsaber blade first.

Simply put, Sidious feared Vader, nevermind Vitiate, Sidious had some very serious concerns about his apprentice, I dont have the exact quotes but Sidious hardly believed he was invincible with Vader around, IIRC in the ROTS novel one of his main reasons for considering leaving Vader on the lava planet of Mustafar to die was his fear that Vader might get powerful enough to seriously pose a threat, which he did.

I am leaning towards Vader.

also: The ritual lasted ten days. Lord Vitiate orchestrated the sorcery and the planet Mediraas was consumed by the largest dark side nexus the galaxy would ever see. When the ritual ended, Lord Vitiate emerged as the only survivor. The pain, energy, and suffering of every living entity on the planet fueled his power and would prolong his life for centuries. The lifeless planet of Mediraas became a void in the Force and was erased from history. From that moment forward, the world would forever be known as Nathema, birthplace of the one and only Sith Emperor. (SWTORE, Page 161)

Consumed BY, not WAS, the ritual being a Dark Side Nexus itself hardly surprises me, but where actual places go, Malachor V was no.1.

Ah that is better, regardless whilst impressive, that is still not the most powerful Force Wave even outside of his own timeline, Satele's is, she blew Malgus through a mountain so hard it collapsed on top of him.

Regardless, the point is missed, compared to others of even his own timeline he has serious competition, against Vader, his only saving grace is going to be overpowering Force Lightning, I dont see how his mind domination will work against Vader, Vader is about as strongly willed as anyone in Star Wars, illusions? Force Waves? they could certainly buy him some time.

Vader has two things that are going to really screw Vitiate over, his ability to wield telekinesis and attack him with his utterly dominating and almost perfect hybrid of Form V mastery simultaneously, good luck dominating minds and throwing lightning bolts at Vader when you're getting everything chucked at your face and then the most powerful tank in the Star Wars mythos getting launched at your faced lightsaber blade first.

Simply put, Sidious feared Vader, nevermind Vitiate, Sidious had some very serious concerns about his apprentice, I dont have the exact quotes but Sidious hardly believed he was invincible with Vader around, IIRC in the ROTS novel one of his main reasons for considering leaving Vader on the lava planet of Mustafar to die was his fear that Vader might get powerful enough to seriously pose a threat, which he did.

I am leaning towards Vader.

Satele's Force Wave was only brought to have that power due to tutaminis. Here:

"In an instant all physical agony ceased as effectively as if I'd flicked a switch and turned all my pain receptors off. All I was left with was an incredible clarity of mind and a singleness of purpose. I'd dedicated my life to the service of others, to the service of the Force. I would not go out without my duty being fulfilled. I concentrated and employed the greatest Halcyon gift against my enemy.

I sucked the energy out of the Anzati's lightsaber and forced myself to smile as I did so. I tasted blood in my mouth, but that fact elicited no panic. It was inconsequential. More telling was the look of surprise on Tyris' face as his blue blade flickered once, then twice, then went out. I'd drained it of every last joule and let him read in my eyes that he should suddenly be very afraid.

With the energy I'd pulled in I plucked him from the ground in a giant invisible fist. He screamed, I think; at least his mouth worked as if he was screaming. I made the fist convulse once and I felt no resistance as his bones shattered. I let him hang limp in the air for a moment, then hurled him back through the tents to slam him against the dome and a support. I felt a jolt through the Force and saw a blue flash of light, but by then my energy reserves had faded."

BTW, the guy who did this, Nejaa Halcyon, is very weak at telekinesis.

You can be a jack of all trades and a master of none. Vitiate's FLS and TK are going to be difficult for vader to deal with, and vitiate's faced plenty of combatants who were far more capable with a lightsaber than he was.

when i said this, i meant people who were far more capable with a lightsaber than VITIATE was, not vader. anyways, he's faced Tol Braga, who's dueled a dark council member for days, Revan, who easily defeated an imperial guard, whom were feared even by the dark council for their martial prowess, and the HoT, whom he effortlessly stomped the first time, and was defeated by him while in a weakened state the second time.