Who's actually making money now?

DarthWoad

Now that we go the transfers, I'm earning so much more money than I used to, I make millions now. I have 2 50s, so theres my dailies, I get into raids more often with higher population and FPs. I'm glad I transferred. This was probably the jesus patch.

I have noticed on my new server that things are ungodly expensive on the GTN. So just for multiple plies of fecal matter and short spasmodic expressions of amusement, I listed a green item I got as a loot drop at 20 times the default price the GTN gave me and it sold.

I guess its OK that I made good money off of that but then I went to buy some class 1 gemstones and it was 75K for a 10 spot. I just made Khem go get them for me.

I have noticed on my new server that things are ungodly expensive on the GTN. So just for multiple plies of fecal matter and short spasmodic expressions of amusement, I listed a green item I got as a loot drop at 20 times the default price the GTN gave me and it sold.

I guess its OK that I made good money off of that but then I went to buy some class 1 gemstones and it was 75K for a 10 spot. I just made Khem go get them for me.

LOL I have the opposite problem. My companion gifts now sell for about half the price that they used to go for. $75K for a 10 stack is insane though.

I actually spend MORE credits now buying things i couldn't on my other server. The only credits i get now are from PVP. But I transfered over with about 7 million credits so no biggie. My 3 lvl 50s need nothing, and I make just about everything that my other 2 alts need or can use.

Now that we go the transfers, I'm earning so much more money than I used to, I make millions now. I have 2 50s, so theres my dailies, I get into raids more often with higher population and FPs. I'm glad I transferred. This was probably the jesus patch.

I'm in the same boat so to speak.

I spent a ton of credits buying gear and mats from my old server before I transferred off.

When I got to the new server, the first couple days was amazing. Selling all the same stuff for nearly ten times the amount what I bought it for.

It was a risk but it worked out. The new server has been my biggest cash cow and it's great.

Mentioned this in a different thread, but...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=485413

Synopsis: As somebody on a destination server, ship parts prices have gone WAY down, and there's a massive glut of them on the market. "Finished" synthweaving armor has remained about the same, armormech stuff a tad more in demand, (but not enough so to 'cause me to raise prices yet) blue earpieces up a bit in price, (purple ones actually starting to sell) purple implants actually started to sell reasonable well, blue implants and augmented custom stuff, (except PvP gloves/boots) roughly doubling in price. Still haven't reached a "stable" price point for the artifact lvl 49 augments yet after more than doubling. (stable being demand matching supply at that price point... still spending most of my time "sold out")

Not sure though whether or not the increased sales make up for the overcrowding though, I wasn't really strapped for cash before.

edit: The ship part thing is actually sort of absurd. There's *at least* a full page of each artifact part up for sale, just about all of 'em from different people. (I expect each and every server probably had 1 or 2 cybertechs "in control" of that market.) Every hour or so somebodies higher priced auction will expire, and they'll turn around and undercut whichever is the current lowest auction. I rather suspect the prices have already dropped below the mat prices. (not sure why, but even before the transfers ship parts were the only place I ever saw significant undercutting, though sales were high enough that the undercutting didn't really serve much purpose, price would eventually bump back up. 'Course, IIRC cybertech was also one of the later markets I entered.) I suspect if none of us were undercutting, we'd all be making more money. (I actually don't undercut, I match the lowest price, and have still been selling a reasonable amount)

Edited by GnatB

I only have like 3.5 mil between both of my mains....I can't seem to make any money in this game. I have heard of people making tens of millions from selling augment gear back when that was new...

If you stop stupidly spending credits, you will find that they are easy to accumulate.

It's funny how that mirrors real life...

Riôt

If you stop stupidly spending credits, you will find that they are easy to accumulate.

It's funny how that mirrors real life...

Riôt

I like how you just assume to think you know how I spend my credits. I hardly spend credits on anything, I'm not a mount or pet collector, I don't even have repair bills because all I do end game is pvp and the most money I've spent was on mats on the gtn to level up professions. I just don't have anything worthwhile to sell to make money....but thanks for your input.

It is no real problem making credits in this game. In fact it is really easy. I had 1.5 million credits before the server transfers and only used the GTN to sell one item for like 2500 credits and bought a couple items for less then 20k. That is it. Really no need to buy anything or sell anything for my char that is. My goal has never been to have a ton of credits. The smart lessons to learn in any game for gold or credits is the same ones for real life....donot spend more than you can afford and have patence for getting the things you cannot afford at the time.

I can see where those who enjoy using the GTN to make credits, the server transfers and influx of more players on thier servers would most certainly help them make more credits. Just not something I enjoy doing.

and the most money I've spent was on mats on the gtn to level up professions. I just don't have anything worthwhile to sell to make money.

In a well designed game, the first part of that sentance is the answer to the second part. And with the (arguable) exception of Biochem/Cybertech, is in this game too. 'Course, one would also argue that buying mats on the GTN instead of running missions/gathering yourself cost you FAR more money than it would have otherwise.