Esseles bug is back

Bioware should be ashamed for not being able to fix this bug. This is the very first flashpoint for players, be it new ones or veterans. It's the flag they show on how good a product is and what else to expect from it. It's a shame, really.

Anyway. I never had this bug, until a few weeks ago after the last patch. Boom, game crashed when selecting where to go. Today I thought to give it a try and rush through it to see if they magically fixed it. Now I thought, alright, let's lower graphic settings, I remember someone mentioning it somewhere. Result: crash during the convo. Haven't had the nerve to test it with normal graphic settings again. :rolleyes:

I ran this with 2 and nothing worked. However I was able to get credit... Enter the convo and when you DC have your partner stay in the dialog. Have them stay where they are untill you reconnect. Just stand next to them while the solo the rest of the dialog and you'll still get the groupe credit. then finish out the instance. That is at least how it worked for me.

This should have been fixed by now ?

It's not important enough to be seen on the known bugs list and has no official topic as far as i can see.

Alt tabbing out of a full screen view helps with my CTD at the end convo, but that is NO reason to keep this sequence broken like this.

:mad:

This is a known bug that only affects certain models of certain video cards of a certain manufacturer. This is not something Bioware can fix, it is solely a driver/hardware issue.

I never had crashes.. EVER.

Now I am 100% sure I crash entering hyperspace when I finish Black Talon. Also Foundry, at the first dialogue, when they enter hypergate, following a certain patch.

So, no, it`s not hardware.. it`s crap client and said client owners`s incompetence.

I never really knew what the esseles bug was until tonight, just entering hyperspace and nothing even better when I log back in no xp for empleting the quest and no credits and reset the whole quest in my log to the begining. AHHHHH.

I only run the esseles once before with my Jedi Consular and nothing happened that time. Might stop running them at all if these type of issues are not fixed.

It is really sad that both Esseles and Black Talon are subject to hyperspcae CTD for so many players, me included. I CTD 95% of the time and have tried all the workarounds. But that's not the only problem with these flashpoints.

With Esseles, the flash loads at Ironfist about 1/4 the time. And in Talon, I've seen many players CTD on the long run to the shuttle right before the finish.

Somebody in the group will CTD somewhere during Esseles and BT almost every single time.

I agree completely with the comment that BW should consider these 2 flashpooints as being the most important in the game since it is the first introduction to the real game for new players. Somebody upstairs obviously doesn't get it.

I've submitted tickets several times and plan to continue. I would encourage everyone to do the same. This problem doesn't only effect the CTD victim, it also inconveniences those left wondering what to do about their CTD'd group member.

It's extremely disappointing that after several months the Esseles/Black Talon/Foundry hyperspace crash is still around. I noticed that workarounds don't seem to work anymore.

What I would suggest is just asking your teammates in advance to wait for you before they travel to Fleet/Capital world and give you time to log back in. Since you get your rewards after selecting your destination, it should give you enough time to log back in and get the credit for the mission.

I just quit whenever I'm grouped for Essels or Black Talon. It sucks for the group, but its just too annoying to crash.

Btw this bug was present on release, then fixed, and later reintroduced again - which is obviously a case of sloppy resource versions management. Just like they "forgot" several times to actually include 1/3 of fixes from the early patches into the game.

it really is an embarasment to not have fixed something so friggin gamebreaking.....ok maybe not game breaking, but its friggin important for lowbies who want that shiny orange weapon and armor for their newly advanced class

Im fortunate enough to never have ran into this problem.....yet...for what little difference it makes, i crash all the time, usually on loading or on the fleet, friggin Vista

some of my toons (4/11) are nearing the level to run foundry, so it would be nice if this gets fixed soon.....

to bad its obvious where Bios priorities are...that *********** Cartel Market

I've been having issues with the Esseles the past two nights. Everything is fine till I get to the imperial boss droid on the Imperial ship and it shoots me and puts me under the map and kills me were my team cannot get to me. I have submitted an ticket but wanted to post here to see if others were having the same problem.

• 1 year later...

Got hit with this as well this past weekend. Couldn't jump back in to get the reward as ALL members got hit with it and crashed.

If they cannot find the source of the issue the least they could do is modify the end scene to remove the hyperspace scene. It may not be optimal and a bandaid fix at best but at least people could complete the flashpoint. Probably not the best thing to keep in game for the first FP that some new players may experience.

They really should just change Black Talon and Esseless so that they give you the Daily just from killing the last boss and all the conversations that come after that should be purely optional.

Those who want to just clear it and get the daily fast could then leave after beating the last boss.

Those who want to watch the whole story could stay and do the conversation scenes that come after that if they want. You don't need a full group for that.

Best of both worlds for everyone.

That would also solve the bug problem for the most part.

And allow people to return where they came from instead of being forced to either Fleet or Coruscant/Dromund Kaas.

That was the way, it used to be. (at least in HM)

It used to be for hard mode, though still doesn't help with the cut scene light speed bug that occurs at beginning of Foundry.

IMO they should:

A - Delete the light-speed portion of the scene or replace it with one that doesn't have effects which crash the client (never crashed when moving ship around universe so maybe that would work).

B - End Esseles / BT at last real conversation. Nothing is worse than getting ported from the middle of no where to run these, complete them, and then get sent to capital world or Fleet and have cycle through a bunch of load screens, taxis, and speeder runs just to get back where you started.