Your personal Star Wars question you always couldn't find an answer too.

Magnusheart

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How in the name of hell did R2D2 avoid all those memory wipes?

And better yet, how big is R2D2's memory core? How in the hell can he hold that much data?

Star Wars has advanced tech, gotta assume their memory and processing power is light years ahead of anything we can even conceive of.

As for how he avoided memory wipes, R2 is an astromech so most people don't really care about him telling people stuff and Bail even made a point of wiping 3-PO's memory but not R2's. Remember in IV both Luke and 3-PO understood R2 but they hardly believed him. He is also crafty, and is almost always in the possession of someone who wouldn't wipe his memory (ie... Anakin, Padme, Obi-wan, Bail)

Do Sith Lords have to pay electricity bills? Are baby wookies as cuddly as they sound? Does Darth Vader sometimes force choke himself before he beats his wookie?

No. Yes, till their claws slice clean through your jugular. I...uh...no? :w_embarrass:

Edited by StarSquirrel

Great that his thread poped up, because just today this question came to my mind - how do we even know that ToR's Emperor =/= movies Emperor ?

We know he was defeated in the game, but most likely didn't die. And we know he can change body he lives in. So how do we know that the original Emperor didn't just move into the Palpatine's body some time before the movies happened?

Sorry if the answer is somehow obvious and I'm just not aware of it.

Great that his thread poped up, because just today this question came to my mind - how do we even know that ToR's Emperor =/= movies Emperor ?

We know he was defeated in the game, but most likely didn't die. And we know he can change body he lives in. So how do we know that the original Emperor didn't just move into the Palpatine's body some time before the movies happened?

Sorry if the answer is somehow obvious and I'm just not aware of it.

Because they have nothing to do with one another(having their own childhood, training, personality, goals etc and so on, there is no room for these two to have any relation to one another). Besides that would be a really big change to both characters, something that just isn't needed.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Because they have nothing to do with one another(having their own childhood, training, personality, goals etc and so on, there is no room for these two to have any relation to one another). Besides that would be a really big change to both characters, something that just isn't needed.

I'm not saying it is the case, I'm just saying we don't know that. The Palpatine's childhood just as all other things could be part of his cover. He could have picked his body as a child.

I'm not familiar with all the books etc. though. What main parsonality differences did u mean?

How did Luke learn so much from Yoda in a week or so, that he could hold his own against Vader? It was all during Han, Leia, Chewie and The Droids's escape from Hoth to Bespin, so could't take long?

I know he is special but c'mon, Jedi training took years in Old Republic.

Maybe Yoda was that great as a teacher, but in that case -how many student's he's had for those 900years? (say two weeks for one from zero to hero ;)

How did Luke learn so much from Yoda in a week or so, that he could hold his own against Vader? It was all during Han, Leia, Chewie and The Droids's escape from Hoth to Bespin, so could't take long?

Maybe Yoda was that great as a teacher, but in that case -how many student's he's had for those 900years? (say two weeks for one from zero to hero ;)

Well, first of all it was more like a month or so. Second, Vader was holding back in an attempt to burn Luke out and make him submit. The original goal was never to kill him but to capture him, hence the carbonite trap Luke narrowly avoided.

The only reason Luke even won the second fight, even after another year of training, was because he partially embraced the dark side and let his rage over the threat to Leia fuel him. Had he not he still would of lost. So yeah,, Luke ain't really all that much in the movies. He's good, but he's not that good. He was still helpless against Sidious.

It was more then a few weeks, and not to mention Luke taught himself. He had his dad's potential in which, the rate at which he learned was fast and he was a fully trained jedi by ROTJ and was able to fight evenly with Vader during their 2nd duel. Luke was pretty powerful during the movie timeframe, but you need to look in more the EU to see that, back then the movies could only show so much.

Can post evidence if you like.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

"it was over a month" "it was more than a few weeks"

Hold on a moment, I think we all now the movie quite well:

Luke got off Hoth about the same time as Millenium Falcon.

Luke got to Dagobah promptly, and Falcon was trying to avoid Star Destroyers, went to asteroid field.

As soon as they landed was a mynock episode so they took of.

"my lord, we found them" should be right after their escape from the asteroid cave, ok could be a day or two later but that's thin.

How long could they hang on the Destroyer waiting for the thrash? max a day or two.

From the trash to Bespin shouldn't be longer then Lukes Hoth-Dagobah trip, so it doesn't count.

On Bespin they showered and went for dinner with Lando (and Vader). Right after dinner Vader was torturing Han, what Luke felt right away (or even before: "it is the future you see").

So it boils down to a week, max 2 weeks of training.

There were no showers on Falcon, how could the crew survive a month onboard with the wookie? And C3PO's constant chatter? :)

I know Vader was toying with Luke, but got hit on the right arm (could be fatal), and kicked of a ramp, which got him mad.

Luke was good, and I say after max 10 days of training.

Bu as the OP wrote -this might be a question I never get the answer for :)

"it was over a month" "it was more than a few weeks"

Hold on a moment, I think we all now the movie quite well:

Luke got off Hoth about the same time as Millenium Falcon.

Luke got to Dagobah promptly, and Falcon was trying to avoid Star Destroyers, went to asteroid field.

As soon as they landed was a mynock episode so they took of.

"my lord, we found them" should be right after their escape from the asteroid cave, ok could be a day or two later but that's thin.

How long could they hang on the Destroyer waiting for the thrash? max a day or two.

From the trash to Bespin shouldn't be longer then Lukes Hoth-Dagobah trip, so it doesn't count.

On Bespin they showered and went for dinner with Lando (and Vader). Right after dinner Vader was torturing Han, what Luke felt right away (or even before: "it is the future you see").

So it boils down to a week, max 2 weeks of training.

There were no showers on Falcon, how could the crew survive a month onboard with the wookie? And C3PO's constant chatter? :)

I know Vader was toying with Luke, but got hit on the right arm (could be fatal), and kicked of a ramp, which got him mad.

Luke was good, and I say after max 10 days of training.

Bu as the OP wrote -this might be a question I never get the answer for :)

No...it was more then just weeks(month at max). But anyway, ya on Bespin Luke was still outclassed, it wasn't until on board the 2nd Death Star where he was fully trained, however even before he was still pretty good.

Noting the Falcon does have supplies for 2 months, so Luke training with Yoda for a month is well in the range.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Luke was pretty powerful during the movie timeframe, but you need to look in more the EU to see that, back then the movies could only show so much.

Can post evidence if you like.

Oh will you give it a rest man.

And here comes my question. What's all this Luke hype?

He is old archaic concept and image of a SW character that is so bland,cheesy and and references about him are full of platitude.Not to mention the actor that plays him is so terrible for a jedi and with an atrocious haircut at that.

Edited by Kaedusz

I'll respond to the Mandos and Luke.

First: Luke was untrained. His only training came from an old man, practically on his death bed. Most of what he learned was archaic, and the only Force he used was lifting his ship. Throughout his time, he only worked on physical endurance. He got no proper training. However, Yoda intended to train Luke more, before he ran off. This already should prove Luke is not a good choice as a Jedi, because he let his emotions guide him.

Second: People like Mandalorians because they're bad***. I like them too. Boba Fett, however, I despise. We see him for a very short time, and he ends up dying due to his own gear! A Proper Mandalorian would never allow that to happen. Boba Fett died like a wimp, and was a weak ploy to show the "power" of the group of good guys.

Yes both were built by the same manufacturer of the Empire. The Imperial Department of Military Research.

Just because they were built by the same manufacturer, doesn't mean said manufacturer wasn't ordered to kill the design team of the first Death Star by the Emperor after Luke blew it to smithereens. And actually I thought the Death Star's were constructed at Maw Station?

Oh will you give it a rest man.

And here comes my question. What's all this Luke hype?

He is old archaic concept and image of a SW character that is so bland,cheesy and and references about him are full of platitude.Not to mention the actor that plays him is so terrible for a jedi and with an atrocious haircut at that.

What? All I am doing is stating facts here, its true. Your just not wanting to believe it.

Just because they were built by the same manufacturer, doesn't mean said manufacturer wasn't ordered to kill the design team of the first Death Star by the Emperor after Luke blew it to smithereens. And actually I thought the Death Star's were constructed at Maw Station?

The 2nd Death Star was fixing the problem of the 1st(even if it wasn't really a problem), Palpatine did kill the designer a total of seven times(Lemelisk) however he then, put his spirit into a clone body and sent him to build another.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Star Wars has advanced tech, gotta assume their memory and processing power is light years ahead of anything we can even conceive of.

As for how he avoided memory wipes, R2 is an astromech so most people don't really care about him telling people stuff and Bail even made a point of wiping 3-PO's memory but not R2's. Remember in IV both Luke and 3-PO understood R2 but they hardly believed him. He is also crafty, and is almost always in the possession of someone who wouldn't wipe his memory (ie... Anakin, Padme, Obi-wan, Bail)

No. Yes, till their claws slice clean through your jugular. I...uh...no? :w_embarrass:

Advanced tech yes, but even a droid after over 50 years has a max limit on how much storage space his small body can hold. There are limits even for technology.

I'm guessing he data dumped to a secure HD somewhere. Cause other than that, and he selectively deleted information he didn't need, I am still at a loss to how he holds over 50 years of information by the time of the Legacy series.

According to the Sequels after the Thrawn trilogy the Design team was one man, The Emperor did indeed execute him by having slowly dipped into copper, but he transferred his consciousness to a clone. Can't remember his name, but it was the trilogy with a ship that could enter stars and blow them up.

The Maw Station built a number of the technologies but couldn't have built a Death Star since the only way in or out was too small, a Death Star would have been pulled into one of the attending Blackholes.

If Darth Vader's Super Star Destroyer almost bankrupted the Empire how could they afford to build a Death Star. Also How come the Super Star Destroyer almost bankrupted the Empire, yes it was far bigger than a regular Star Destroyer but it shouldn't have cost more than six times the cost of a Star Destroyer.

What? All I am doing is stating facts here, its true. Your just not wanting to believe it.

What you fail to grasp is that no1 disputes the ''facts''

If it wasn't ''true'' it would not be the things i mentioned above.i mean ,exactly because what you say is true,is what makes Luke pathetic.

Edited by Kaedusz

If Darth Vader's Super Star Destroyer almost bankrupted the Empire how could they afford to build a Death Star. Also How come the Super Star Destroyer almost bankrupted the Empire, yes it was far bigger than a regular Star Destroyer but it shouldn't have cost more than six times the cost of a Star Destroyer.

It almost bankrupted the Empire?...You sure? But if so...taxes, lots and lots of taxes or since its the Empire, just taking the resources needed and building one. I mean they did build two of them, so I dunno if it would almost bankrupt the Empire.

What you fail to grasp is that no1 disputes the ''facts''

If it wasn't ''true'' it would not be the things i mentioned above.i mean ,exactly because what you say is true,is what makes Luke pathetic.

So because Luke was trained it makes him pathetic?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Why are there no Jedi with a double-bladed lightsaber by the time of the movies?

I understand that it was outlawed. The weapons were said to be too chaotic, too unpredictable and unstable, too much like the Sith. They were mostly offensive, which rubbed the Jedi the wrong way, sure.

But the question is: what happened? Bastila and Satele wielded them just fine, and they were extremely powerful Jedi. What, or who, made the Jedi suddenly change their minds about allowing Jedi to use double blades?