Re-inventing Sith Inqusitor's Healing Channeled Ability "Seethe"

ProKsnNwk

Hello.

I would like to make a complain about the Healing Ability of Sith Inquisitors ("Seethe").

I complain about it because, it is very unconventional in PVP (WZ).

By unconventional I mean, that while, whatever I use it, my character starts moving from left to right (that's scripted).

What I mean is, that if you start using this ability, if your on stairs on something that you can fall off, the ability is getting aborted. Because of that reason it is VERY unconventional in WZ, in the situational situations like while fighting other players 1 vs 1:

Then Vanishing (as Assassin) stunning the opponent, and healing yourself up, then if I'm on stairs (example on Civil War), if you fall off 1 stair, the ability is getting aborted. Then it takes 1 or 1,5 additional second for me to click it and then it to start (while the stun is only 8 seconds), so it waste these 2 precious seconds!

So while all other classes, have a Stationary Channelled Healing ability, Sith Inquisitors are the only ones that have the ability (scripted for moving).

I would like it to be changed to an Stationary Channelled Healing ability.

Another problem with the side to side motion is this is the only out of combat healing ability that you can't turn and look what's going on around you while it's active without inadvertantly deactivating it.

With Regards

ProKsnNwk

Edited by ProKsnNwk

Yer as much as I like the ability it does get pretty frustrating when your heal gets interrupted by the smallest of ground objects.

And I really do mean the smallest...

Those little rectangles on the floor outside the node buildings on Novare Coast have interrupted me countless times, someone of you won't even know what I'm talking about because they are easy to miss.

This is indeed a problem. It should be made so, the char walks left and right but the game acts like he's still. I would also like to note that, unlike other heals, while it is being channeled if you open your map it becomes transparent and, while it's usefull in Pvp, in pve it is kinda annoying because you have to wait untill the channel end to look at your map. A very little thing, indeed, but a problem nevertheless.

Agreed, this is the worst of the 4 regen abilities simply due to movement. I understand that it was modeled after Darth Maul seething in ep1, but it should do it in one spot instead of canceling it 2-3 times while you look for a flat surface.

As you said, there are many times in PvP where it wastes 3-4 precious seconds.

I agree, just got to 50 this past weekend on my Sorc. It was the first thing I notice compared to the other classes. The first few times I was wondering why I stopped healing up. I have a habit of checking missions notes when I do my self-heal. Once I figured it out I was left SMH at the design. I could one shot mission bosses but walls, rocks, stairs and/or ledges could stop my self-heal :/ Seems like this is something that could have a simple fix. Stop walking and do a rocking motion instead?

N0ne issue. Just make sure you are on level ground. I don't have this issue and I have had my Sorc since day one. Just make sure you are not on any steps or ledges, problem solved. The map is not a problem either. Either wait to open it after the heal is done OR go into your options and adjust the map so that it is more visible as you move. You don't ride around on your speeder trying to read the map, do you? Just wait a few seconds for Seethe to finish before looking at the map.

It's not something that's going to break the class. It's something very low on the priority list. Remember when the Bounter Hunter's Unload ability would continue to shoot someone who died from it? How long did it take them to fix that bug?

It's just annoying that it can be interrupted and no other class has this. Of course you can have work-a-rounds. Would you be saying its not a problem if instead it did this on a "in combat" cast ability? I know it's not the same thing but I'm making a point. You shouldn't have to worry about an ability that can get interrupted by map objects.

Rofl :)

Laugh but the OP is right even if his command of written english is off.

Another problem with the side to side motion is this is the only out of combat healing ability that you can't turn and look what's going on around you while it's active without inadvertantly deactivating it.

Laugh but the OP is right even if his command of written english is off.

Do you even rotate camera?

N0ne issue. Just make sure you are on level ground. I don't have this issue and I have had my Sorc since day one. Just make sure you are not on any steps or ledges, problem solved. The map is not a problem either. Either wait to open it after the heal is done OR go into your options and adjust the map so that it is more visible as you move. You don't ride around on your speeder trying to read the map, do you? Just wait a few seconds for Seethe to finish before looking at the map.

Yes, there are workarounds, but the point is why should the Inquisitor, alone out of all the classes, have to find a perfectly smooth patch of level ground to use their self heal, and wait until it's finished to do anything else?

Edited by jovianus

Yes, there are workarounds, but the point is why should the Inquisitor, alone out of all the classes, have to find a perfectly smooth patch of level ground to use their self heal, and wait until it's finished to do anything else?

All my times on my Inquisitor, I never once had any issue with using the self heal. o.O And I didnt even care where I was healing at.

"Just another example of how BW favours the Republic, this massive difference in the two classes is an outrage and is the reason why everyone's a sage. BW needs to stop bending over for the jedi and look at this huge imbalance."

Remember when pubs were making posts like that about tiny differences in abilities a year ago? XD

All my times on my Inquisitor, I never once had any issue with using the self heal. o.O And I didnt even care where I was healing at.

I'm not saying it's game breaking. But I have encountered it several times, even areas that looked flat, where apparently there was some invisible edge or bump that stopped my self-heal.

It is just a minor annoyance, on the other hand the Inquisitor is the only class subject to said minor annoyance.

Mountains. Molehills. Nuff said.

Remember when the self-heals clipped you through elevator platforms? That was annoying. Well, mostly hilarious, but annoying too. Or when companions refused to get on elevators with you?

Also, IIRC, Seethe only got 'interruptable' like this a few months in and while I've noticed it happening a few times I've played Inq since launch and it's really not that glaring an issue to me.

Signed

It's annoying that it moves around and you can fall off of things. It's even more annoying that it gets cancelled all the time! I've had to resort to using the cartel items that recover health/resource just to make sure I don't have any distractions while I'm PVPing.

I was self healing while waiting for the elevator at Dorn Base in Hoth to come up. And in the midst of her seething she decided to come to it. I'll let you fill in how that worked out :p.

Not to get off topic but since others have brought up the crap that imperial inqs get am I the only one who has a hard time seeing the Pub equivalent of Innervate in PVP? I think the fact their innervate channel beam blends so well into the environment also gives them a big leg up over Imp Inquisitors.

Of course you can.*If you hold MB1 instead of MB 2 you "free-look" around your character... if you hold MB 2 your character moves in the direction you look.

Since nobody has pointed this out yet, the Seethe healing animation is very reminiscent of Darth Maul during episode 1 while Qui'Gon was trapped behind the energy door, waiting to continue the fight, while Obi Wan was waay off. The Jedi Warrior heal is even the same meditate that Qui'Gon does.

Now take this one bit of evidence, as well as Darth Maul being, probably, the second most popular sith in Star Wars history [due to the movies being more common, I myself have read very few books, and Revan is my favorite anyhow], being the most popular double bladed lightsaber user, and from what I have personally seen, the second most popular assassin race is ZABRAK, after human [everybody plays humans, I have 2 myself I think], and with all the new f2p players coming in, I don't think we're going to get rid of the seethe ability.

I perfer the sith warrior healing ability by at least 20 times over my sorcerers healing ability, but I haven't had MUCH issue outside of PVP healing myself, but I usually heal myself with actual healing abilities to get the medals, but I'm greedy and want to make sure I get 8 medals no matter what

Anytime there is need for a workaround, something is fundamentally wrong.

Terrain irregularities will botch Seethe. You shouldn't have to find a perfect spot

to OOC heal; other classes don't.

My solution: the remote control ship ! Cheap and effective.

Quick slot it or hotkey it and you're in business. I never use Seethe now.