>>> Shadowlands 1v1 Dueling Tournament <<<

ParagonAX

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah...it's a no win situation I guess.

the best solution is to just have a tournament with no rules imo. All medpacs, all grenades, all abilities, no restrictions on what u can do or how u can play. even if its not an accurate depiction of player skill, at least it gives u a good idea about class balance in game.

the best solution is to just have a tournament with no rules imo. All medpacs, all grenades, all abilities, no restrictions on what u can do or how u can play. even if its not an accurate depiction of player skill, at least it gives u a good idea about class balance in game.

olol, I was kind of thinking the same thing.

Was also thinking that another solution could be to seperate the tournament into brackets. One bracket for assassins, shadows, operatives, and scoundrels. One for sages, sorcerers, gunslingers, snipers, mercs, and commandos. And another for warriors, knights, vanguards, and PTs.

Stealthies should get to start from stealth imo, and get to utilize their combat stealth. Sure it might push the scales into their favor, but why shouldn't they get to utilize their AC while others cannot? Of course that's unfair to the juggies who can't use their intercede but hey, the trade off is endure pain + medpack. Stealthies can't mezz then heal tho

Sure, a sin/operative will probably end up winning but isn't that what their speciality is supposed to be?

Its simple, if an Operative can use their stealth theyll win basicly every fight. A Sage/Sorc will die instantly with all the stuns etc, same with Sents and Slingers

Someone suggested same AC brackets but got put down "because itll be about who crits most", I disagree. Itll also be about who knows to play their class best

What you can do is make the 4 class specific brackets and the winner of each of those will win 100k. Then the 4 winners of the brackets will enter a free for all between the 4 of them. This will reduce the usability of stealth seeing as its not just 1v1 anymore and they can just stunlock, the best of AC's will be able to see who is best overall and nobody can complain that "OMG OP ARE OP"

You guys need to stop theorycrafting and start signing up! Prove your might!

Or is the chance to lose 50k creds and some ego too much to bear? :rolleyes:

Seriously though, it really comes down to skill rather than class. I've seen the following classes win in dueling tournaments on our server and other servers.

- Assassin tank

- Assassin dps

- Op concealment

- Op healer

- Madness sorc

- Madness/bubble sorc

- Carny mara

- Annihilation mara

- Immortal/vengeance jugg

I'm sure anyone skilled on another AC not on this list can surprise us too! Sign up and prove yourselves =)

Edited by ParagonAX

What happens when a bubble stun sorc gets matched up against an operative healer?

Then the op healer would stealth, field respec to concealment, and kill the sorc before he know's what's up? It's happened one time before in TOFN dueling tournament I think.

Edited by ParagonAX

I've been getting a lot of tells in game about signing up, gentle reminder to please follow the rules stated in the OP, to make keeping track of everyone simpler for me.

Signup is open to both imperial and republic players.

Cost: 50,000 credits.

Please post a message here, and send the credits to Viperin to confirm registration. Please include your forum name, the name of your dueling character, the AC, and the faction in the in-game message and forum post. If all your characters are republic, you can create a level 1 imperial character to transfer the credits to send to me.

Only ONE character signup per person.

Registration closes Friday, February 8th, at 9pm EST

You can view the current roster of players in the 2nd post.

Thanks!

Edited by ParagonAX