HK-51 seems pointless don't see the hype.

gabarooni

Lets recap:

Can only be used by your level 50. [Yeah, we quest with our companions everyday after level 50 :rolleyes:]

Cannot be used during leveling a new toon, as he is not available legacy wide. [My new warrior will have HK as his companion.. oh wait... damn ****.. cant do that]

Forced to do the same old flashpoints to acquire him. [seriously, make some new content please]

Can only be used as a DPS [We don't care what class or role your main is, he will only be DPS.. pew pew /facepalm]

New droid armor can be purchased for HK from daily vendor [Yup thanks, we love grinding daily comms. Its so Star Warsy... I remember Luke and Han hunting daily commendations... ugh... Im confused.. ah SWTOR.. makes sense]

Get your priorities right. Release the new warzone, fix Ilum, smooth out existing bugs, respond to the 500+ posts / 25000+ views Oceanic community plea, is there a secret space project or not, when is f2p, when is our last billing cycle, when is the new pvp gear being released, **** theres so much **** you need to get right before releasing a crap new pve patch which hardly matters to anyone.

This sort of content can be released when you have smoothed out other things people have been crying for since launch. I bet people would rather have the hood up/down, less buttrobes, more custom armor, less armor extraction costs etc. being prioritised over this patch. But no, all these things are taking the 'we know you want it, but we are not working on it right now' status.

Does Gabe Amatangelo even work there anymore? Ancient Hypergates was playable more than two months ago.

GG Bioware :rak_04:

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone. Did you really think this was going to somehow be unique or special? Everyone already has a few DPS companions to choose from.

HK-51 is fluff for the KOTOR fans, and another time sink. Nothing more.

Edited by TheronFett

Lets recap:

Can only be used by your level 50. [Yeah, we quest with our companions everyday after level 50 :rolleyes:]

Cannot be used during leveling a new toon, as he is not available legacy wide. [My new warrior will have HK as his companion.. oh wait... damn ****.. cant do that

Pretty useless. I'm sure he can stand around on the fleet and look pretty, no matter his role...

Seriously, they could have at least made him legacy wide, or make it a lower level quest (like 20-ish, and you need a 50 to do a couple parts or something.) I just dont see the point otherwise.

Also, this "six week promise" thing (which was never actually a promise anyways.) You do know that HK's been around since beta and was just ripped out so they could parcel it out as "new" content... I'm sure they spent a couple weeks polishing up the access quest, but to have the quest completed by a player so fast lol... damn. And in the meantime the 1.4 farce is still full of bugs that are unresolved on the 1.5 "test" server... I'm glad they are fixing them, but they should have been fixed when 1.4 was on there and they were pointed out, not pushed live just ignoring the feedback. Need to stop trying to copy wow's big style patches, and just do small ones that work, put em on an actual 24/7 test server and roll out an incremental patch each week during downtime... this isnt exactly rewriting the book, most mmog's actually do this.

Pretty useless. I'm sure he can stand around on the fleet and look pretty, no matter his role...

Seriously, they could have at least made him legacy wide, or make it a lower level quest (like 20-ish, and you need a 50 to do a couple parts or something.) I just dont see the point otherwise..

That was pretty much what I was hoping for. I started 4 new characters thanks to the extra slots, and I had extremely high expectations for my new merc and new sage about lvl them up with HK-51 as their new companion (since they're both healers, a new dps such as HK-51 would be great!!!). It would be the perfect companion for them, except that you need to be lvl 50... it does really kinda look useless, indeed.

A new companion for a lvl 50 toon...what for???:confused:

Edited by zorroazul

The way the game is set up it seems pretty pointless to use a dps companion I only ever use Healers and I guess if I ever rolled a healer I might use a Tank. So what is the hype with the HK-51? Seems to me its just gonna be another useless companion collecting dust unless they made the game more like Kotor and you could have 2 companions.

Really sometimes I feel that people don't even know what they are saying... What's the need of HK51????!!! This is KOTOR sequel so having an HK droid is marvellous.

Then, regarding your use of a healer only companion, I must say that if you are tanking you should use a dps companion or the time you spend levelling is horribly long. If you are a healer you need to use a dps for the same reason. A healer companion is useful to a dps character.....

I coudn't care less either. More hype for more fluff content when they need to be pushing out more tangible things to help plug the damnn. HK is something only KOTOR players are potentially interested about. To everyone else, ak the majority of players. it's just a extra companion which means diddly squat. Unless this thing comes with +10 crit to all missions or something it's about as exciting as the moods they added with 1.4

Really pointless are threads about things that you do NOT use. Because any given person does not use the majority of any given MMO content, duh.

Every time I saw HK-47, I said to my group members, "Darn, I want him for my protocol droid!"

So, acquiring him will provide a meaningful task for me. Now, watch me not write about all the game content that I have never experienced and don't plan to...

You don't need a tank nor a healer for any of the single content. I only use DPS companions. And I spec as DPS too, when I play solo. Kill them and kill them fast: they can't kill you when they're dead!

sounds nice, but I wonder, how much presence you have and how many levels ahead of the planet youre questing on when levelling. Dont give me this argument about how good/bad I might be but Ive tried everything and 90% of the time if youre doing same level stuff youre using a healer.

I imagine there will be story content to go along with HK-51.... The whole point of this MMO is story, I know thats the only reason I'm still playing, I still have a few classes I haven't' done yet.... Once I finish them all not sure how long I will stay with the game as the rest of the MMO mechanics bore me to tears...

If bioware wanted to make things fun they would make Raids more dynamic and less linear, right now you just have to memorize the combat sequence for each boss and your pretty much done..... They need to make it so you don't know what's going to happen each time you go into a raid.... Make people adjust their strategies on the fly.... Now that would be fun content...

Edited by Monoth

sounds nice, but I wonder, how much presence you have and how many levels ahead of the planet youre questing on when levelling. Dont give me this argument about how good/bad I might be but Ive tried everything and 90% of the time if youre doing same level stuff youre using a healer.

If your DPS companion is geared properly you can easily kill same level mobs using your DPS companions, I do it all the time.... The only time I break out a healer companion is if I'm going up against an Elite, but even then you can have your DPS companion attack first to draw the aggro they usually last pretty good, even if they die the elite mobs health is usually low enough you can finish him off....

As a Tank I prefer using a DPS companion so I can finish off the mob faster....

Really pointless are threads about things that you do NOT use. Because any given person does not use the majority of any given MMO content, duh.

Every time I saw HK-47, I said to my group members, "Darn, I want him for my protocol droid!"

So, acquiring him will provide a meaningful task for me. Now, watch me not write about all the game content that I have never experienced and don't plan to...

But what will you use him for? Seriously? What content is there on your level 50 to do that requires a companion? I suppose you can do dailies with him, if you arent bored to tears by the mere thought of them at this point. 10 months of waiting for him to be put back in so that he can say "Take that, meatbag!" when you kill something in the black hole district...

And yes, I'm sure there's story to do with him. Something like 6 hours worth, given how long it took Dulfy to finish it. If your goal is to have him stand around on your ship, then that's how long it'll keep you busy.

If he were available to use as a levelling up companion, it would definitely peak my interest, maybe actually doing that long grind yet again (assuming he had little story bits throughout your quest as the other companions do.) But as it stands, you cant. That's a shame, because it seems like a no-brainer to me. Adding value to repeating content... isnt that what that dev at the GDC said was their focus? Well, swing and a miss here.

Edited by Polebreaker

Ah I could See how HK-51 if he is any thing like HK-47 would respond to all those complaining about him being added before a wz.

Hk-51's responce

"Hurt deceleration: Prospective Masters, I am hurt that you feel I am not worthy to be add over a war zone even though my release was announced a while before said war zone and I have been in cold storage since before beta waiting to serve you meat ba...I mean my possible masters."

" Reassuring : I assure you that i am the the most useful and might I add Lethal of all followers you will have. I will kill meat bags by the thousands for you me prospective masters."

"Deceleration: If any still have an issues with me I will be more then happy to set down and talk with you about said issues one on one. I have procured a room at the back of the fleet station. Please form an single file line and enter the room one at a time so we might...talk."

"Amused Suggestion: Before entering please ignore the sounds of blasters fire coming from with in the room also upon entering the room ignore the smell of burning flesh and the fact that the person that entered before you was not seen leaving the room."

"Deceleration: I look forward to murdering...I mean serving each and every one of you meat bags....I mean possible masters."

*loads blaster rifle and host it up on his shoulder as eyes flash yellow. Walks off toward room*

Yea I believe that would be his response.

sounds nice, but I wonder, how much presence you have and how many levels ahead of the planet youre questing on when levelling.

I can't speak for the other poster, but I have maybe +70 Presence from my alts and, granted, all the buffs, but I've been playing a Powertech using a DPS Companion from Quesh through Voss, playing at or even below level, and outside of an Elite boss fight the other night, I've had no trouble getting through. Some of the other Elite fights have been close shaves, but I've done it.

And I don't consider myself a power gamer by any stretch of the imagination, with all the bestest gear, etc.

It's a shiney ball to appease SW fans.

It's not appeasing me sadly. :(

I was sort of excited about it, until I saw the list of things that you'll have to do to get one. I was fine up until it said the hardmode, and seeing as I don't do those, don't belong to a guild and play alone or with my hubby, I'll never have one. It's a dissapointment, and its certainly not enough to motivate me to become suddenly sociable.

What I'd really like to see is more class story...how about chapters 4,5,6? And I don't mean stupid quests here or there or wherever. I want the quests to be part of the story, to mean something, for there to be an actual story again.:( I guess I just miss convos with my companions...and wish for new companions for the toons that got rooked, like my lady trooper, consular and my male SI.

But what will you use him for? Seriously? .

I will probably PvP with him (in the BH, where there is outdoor PvP). And I will probably take some screenshots with him to illustrate my stories. And yes, dailies - I will check the new ones out for sure. And I sometimes run old ones still.

I can't speak for the other poster, but I have maybe +70 Presence from my alts and, granted, all the buffs, but I've been playing a Powertech using a DPS Companion from Quesh through Voss, playing at or even below level, and outside of an Elite boss fight the other night, I've had no trouble getting through. Some of the other Elite fights have been close shaves, but I've done it.

And I don't consider myself a power gamer by any stretch of the imagination, with all the bestest gear, etc.

Yup. I agree with you. I haven't augmented presence in anyway and yet I have learned to fight with all of my companions effectively. You have to understand what they will do how they will fight or heal, but its not hard. With my tank it is really easy peasy. With my dps, kill order is important as well as protecting my healer, but... its all basically the same foundation.

But, I must say, I made it a point to learn to fight with all of them and I did cap and max out affection on all. So... now it seems like a second thought although for speed runs I prefer my healer simply because I don't have to take the time to heal in between encounters.