Sunday March 3rd Ranked PTS Event

Pahomi

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

150ms is not optimal but very playable. And all teams from the EU will have the same latency. And this isn't some sort of official super tournament, it's an opportunity to see what else is out there; one that may may not come through and official game update in a very long time.

I just wanted to stop in and let you guys know that this is awesome and we're excited to see the feedback that you produce! Please be sure to post your thoughts in the PTS Forums. You can report bugs using the in game /bug system or by posting on the PTS forums.

For any players who would like to participate but aren't already on PTS, this Test Center blog gives all the instructions you'll need to copy your character to PTS and immediately level up to 55 for the fun.

Thanks for helping us test the new content!

Why won't you guys just give us cross server rateds? "It will ruin the community," you all say... But I say it will make the PvP community stronger give me cross server rateds!..... please

Why won't you guys just give us cross server rateds? "It will ruin the community," you all say... But I say it will make the PvP community stronger give me cross server rateds!..... please
Not sure what community it is that they're talking about there. I know who all the good players are on my main server but when I'm pugging I'm rarely, almost never, coming across any of them, due to the current population. Hence, x-server would have no effect on my experience. I'd rather have a healthy rated population and a population so big that they could implement matchmaking criterias/filters. Everyone would benefit from this.

So my team probably wont do this.. so if any guild needs a Decent rated Powertech/Vanguard, Juggernaut/Guardian Tank, Sniper/Gunslinger, Sorc/Sage(Heals or dps) or an Operative/Scoundrel Healer Let me know (PM Or Post) So I can stack them up with Conqueror gear.. I'm mainly on the Imp side But I can bolster my alts to 55 and gear them up if someone on the rep side wants to pick me up :p Edited by Jakev-

www.twitch.tv/aluviansw

<Infinite Darkness>'s only stream that I am aware of (my own). We mute it and delay it by 2 minutes for ranked. We've had a history of teams stream sniping us, having a "9th man" sitting out and watching/listening to stream to give his team updates etc. Plus we just don't want everyone copying our strats.

I didn't stream our first 5 rated games on PTS unfortunately, but I should be streaming them today. Apologies for no sound.

www.twitch.tv/aluviansw

<Infinite Darkness>'s only stream that I am aware of (my own). We mute it and delay it by 2 minutes for ranked. We've had a history of teams stream sniping us, having a "9th man" sitting out and watching/listening to stream to give his team updates etc. Plus we just don't want everyone copying our strats.

I didn't stream our first 5 rated games on PTS unfortunately, but I should be streaming them today. Apologies for no sound.

After watching your stream for 2.0 as a Smasher Mara and playing 2.0 myself; one thing keeps coming back to me. Rage/Focus is still stupidly OP. I like how Bioware says they nerfed it, while making it easier to get stacks, leaving it with a 100% crit rate, and damage is still higher than any other class in the game. Of course Biowre still doesn't understand that giving the core ability of a class spec 100% crit, means you wont use crit anywhere in your gear. Go go Power stacking.:rolleyes:

P.S. I should never have deleted my 50 Mara. I may get bored with melee DPS, but seriously, stack 3 Smashers and wipe a group out in a couple of seconds.

Edited by dalin

After watching your stream for 2.0 as a Smasher Mara and playing 2.0 myself; one thing keeps coming back to me. Rage/Focus is still stupidly OP. I like how Bioware says they nerfed it, while making it easier to get stacks, leaving it with a 100% crit rate, and damage is still higher than any other class in the game. Of course Biowre still doesn't understand that giving the core ability of a class spec 100% crit, means you wont use crit anywhere in your gear. Go go Power stacking.:rolleyes:

P.S. I should never have deleted my 50 Mara. I may get bored with melee DPS, but seriously, stack 3 Smashers and wipe a group out in a couple of seconds.

Well it has been obvious for quite some time that they do not understand their classes :).

But mostly the issues are that bioware does not want a competitive game. If they did they would stop balancing based on the average players and start doing what all competitive games do, Base the balance on what the best guy can do with a class. Because that is what ruins a game. When the most skilled players decide to pick up the best(op) classes and just destroy warzones.

What normals can do doesent matter on the competitive scene.

I dont know the name but someone else said it best.

"They seem to be basing their balance on an average and since all bads pick up the op classes and still do quite bad. Or really bad in some cases. And that obviously pulls the performance down on the entire spec/class and will seem to on average perform as intended"

Imagine if blizzard would balance SC2 based on what gold scrubs had problems with. That game would have a hilarious pro scene if that was the case.(cant compare it 100% but it's pretty accurate imo)

Luckily blizzard want a competitive game in sc2. Bioware... not so much.

Edited by genstrom

^^ who wants to see a short clip of me beating this guy in a 1 v 1 with 40% health left?

congrats? its the PTS people are testing things out, and Im not the best on all my characters. I would like to see it though :)

Edited by Jakev-

if no stream could we have results posted? I think everyone is curious about how their server is faring

+1

It looks like the teams who were supposed to stream are not doing it. Infinite Darkness couldn't get all their guys together (it's early in the US) and Alles Hutten Ausser Mutti apparently did not show up yet and their stream is offline. So posting results here at least would be greatly appreciated!

EDIT:

http://www.twitch.tv/justbodies streaming the rateds on the pts

Thanks for this :)

Edited by Pahomi