Dark Council Strength Order

JmoWolf

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's difficult. Is it one on one or power base vs power base?

Power base vs power base:

Darth Jadus - second in power only to the Emperor

Darth Marr - seems to be the leader of the Dark Council

Darth Vowrawn - seems highly influential

Darth Baras - I think he took over Vengeans powerbase and combined it with his own

Darth Vengean - much military

Darth Decimus - led the attack on Corellia, probably much of his power base

Darth Arho - led the attack on Ilum, probably most of his powerbase

Darth Mortis - no powerbase shown, but more powerful than Thanaton

Darth Ravage - iirc no powerbase shown, but more powerful than Thanaton

Darth Acharon - ally of Darth Decimus

Darth Hydra - ally of Darth Decimus

Darth Nox - newcomer, will gain more power in the years that follow

Darth Thanaton - lost the Kaggath against Nox

In a one on one:

Darth Marr - looks like he is the strongest

Darth Jadus - only an army can stop him

Darth Baras - seems very powerful

Darth Arho - gives the republic characters one hell of a fight

Darth Decimus - seems quite strong

Darth Ravage - thinks he could single-handedly "silence Thanaton"

Darth Mortis - Ravage thinks Mortis could single-handedly "silence Thanaton"

Darth Vengean - thinks of himself as pretty powerful and was killed by two above-average apprentices

Darth Vowrawn - has grown old, he is not in his prime anymore, where I would have placed him close to the top

Darth Nox - with the help of the ghosts, and will become even stronger if he/she isn't killed soon

Darth Thanaton - thinks of himself more powerful than he is

Darth Hadra

Darth Archaron

• 4 months later...
That's difficult. Is it one on one or power base vs power base?

Power base vs power base:

Darth Jadus - second in power only to the Emperor

Darth Marr - seems to be the leader of the Dark Council

Darth Vowrawn - seems highly influential

Darth Baras - I think he took over Vengeans powerbase and combined it with his own

Darth Vengean - much military

Darth Decimus - led the attack on Corellia, probably much of his power base

Darth Arho - led the attack on Ilum, probably most of his powerbase

Darth Mortis - no powerbase shown, but more powerful than Thanaton

Darth Ravage - iirc no powerbase shown, but more powerful than Thanaton

Darth Acharon - ally of Darth Decimus

Darth Hydra - ally of Darth Decimus

Darth Nox - newcomer, will gain more power in the years that follow

Darth Thanaton - lost the Kaggath against Nox

In a one on one:

Darth Marr - looks like he is the strongest

Darth Jadus - only an army can stop him

Darth Baras - seems very powerful

Darth Arho - gives the republic characters one hell of a fight

Darth Decimus - seems quite strong

Darth Ravage - thinks he could single-handedly "silence Thanaton"

Darth Mortis - Ravage thinks Mortis could single-handedly "silence Thanaton"

Darth Vengean - thinks of himself as pretty powerful and was killed by two above-average apprentices

Darth Vowrawn - has grown old, he is not in his prime anymore, where I would have placed him close to the top

Darth Nox - with the help of the ghosts, and will become even stronger if he/she isn't killed soon

Darth Thanaton - thinks of himself more powerful than he is

Darth Hadra

Darth Archaron

After Baras got power, wasn't he stronger than Jadus?

By the sounds of it, Darth Jadus is the strongest in terms of personal power. His survival of an entire ship's destruction (possibly twice) and the fact that his very aura influences people. Darth Marr seems to have the stronger power base however, due to being head of the Dark Council and the fact that Jadus' was limited to just one ship, some transformed slaves and the Eradicators which he couldn't even turn on.

Darth Nox/Occulus/Imperius seems to be at the bottom end of the latter just above Thanaton... For now.

Darth Nox is proably at the bottem of the totem pole right now. he basicly had to "cheat" to defeat his rival after all. and IIRC that cheat has since left him.

His power base is also, directly speaking, a bit behind the others. reading between the lines Nox's power base is basicly just the Imperial Reclaimation corps.

Darth Nox is proably at the bottem of the totem pole right now. he basicly had to "cheat" to defeat his rival after all. and IIRC that cheat has since left him.

His power base is also, directly speaking, a bit behind the others. reading between the lines Nox's power base is basicly just the Imperial Reclaimation corps.

The issue is the game does a complete crap job at explaining how powerful members of the dark council are. For instance, Thanaton is considered very weak as it takes 2 chapters to get the power to kill him yet a FREAKING SMUGGLER can solo beat several of these guys. While it may seem like that simply suggests that my sorcerer is weak Thanaton was shown to be able to essentially insta-kill me (a force user) whereas more powerful dark council members could barely touch my scoundrel (who cannot use the force assuming legacy is non-canon)

The issue is the game does a complete crap job at explaining how powerful members of the dark council are. For instance, Thanaton is considered very weak as it takes 2 chapters to get the power to kill him yet a FREAKING SMUGGLER can solo beat several of these guys. While it may seem like that simply suggests that my sorcerer is weak Thanaton was shown to be able to essentially insta-kill me (a force user) whereas more powerful dark council members could barely touch my scoundrel (who cannot use the force assuming legacy is non-canon)

Well, if I remember correctly, the Smuggler can only fight them in a world quest. If the world quests are ever get a canon character who completed them, I doubt the smuggler will get Corellia. (It is also possible that the world arcs are completed by groups in canon. A Smuggler killing Darth Decimus together with a Jedi Master, one of the greatest Jedi fighters, and an elite soldier isn't that unrealistic.)

Still, I think one could say that probably most Dark Councilors are not used to the smugglers fighting style. A Sith leader normally only has to fight other Sith. They may also have some experience with regular soldiers. But the smuggler doesn't even fight like a common criminal, he has his own tricks and tools. So if he has to fight a Sith Lord, it largly depends on luck. This time, the Smuggler was lucky.

Well, if I remember correctly, the Smuggler can only fight them in a world quest. If the world quests are ever get a canon character who completed them, I doubt the smuggler will get Corellia. (It is also possible that the world arcs are completed by groups in canon. A Smuggler killing Darth Decimus together with a Jedi Master, one of the greatest Jedi fighters, and an elite soldier isn't that unrealistic.)

Still, I think one could say that probably most Dark Councilors are not used to the smugglers fighting style. A Sith leader normally only has to fight other Sith. They may also have some experience with regular soldiers. But the smuggler doesn't even fight like a common criminal, he has his own tricks and tools. So if he has to fight a Sith Lord, it largly depends on luck. This time, the Smuggler was lucky.

Well the agent did beat Jadus or Zhorrid so anything can happen.

Well the agent did beat Jadus or Zhorrid so anything can happen.

IIRC the agent distracted Jadus long enough for

Watcher 2 (?) to activate the ray shields which hold him for some time

he didn't beat him, storywise. (I don't know about Zhorrid.)

IIRC the agent distracted Jadus long enough for

Watcher 2 (?) to activate the ray shields which hold him for some time

he didn't beat him, storywise. (I don't know about Zhorrid.)

I said beat as in capture, i didnt say kill. And if you join Jadus

you get to kill Zhorrid a DC member.

I said beat as in capture, i didnt say kill. And if you join Jadus

you get to kill Zhorrid a DC member.

Yeah,

but without Watcher Two he would have lost. He didn't capture him, he distracted him until Watcher 2 used the the ship systems to captured him.

So basically, he didn't fight fair. But he's an agent, that's what they do in general ;)

Personally, I think we're underestimating one of Nox's most powerful resources.

That being the fleets of three Moffs, the capital ships of which are outfitted with Silencers. These have been shown, with just one shot, to obliterate a Reublic fleet. With three of these on his side, we can assume Darth Nox probably has the advantage in a space battle that he can prepare for. More importantly, though, is that I wonder what such a weapon would do if pointed toward a planet one of his enemies is on. I'm not expecting Death Star levels of power, but it's probably akin to a hydrogen bomb, or worse.

While it's clear that Darth Nox has a long way to go before he's ready to personally take on the Dark Council, with some clever scheming and some very, very heavy firepower, I could see him coming out on top. After all, strength does not necessarily equal victory.

Edited by disgruntledsith

• 1 year later...
What did Jadus ever do to back up the hype Watcher 2 gives him? Make a few people feel bad while they are in his presence? What says that this is a passive effect of his massive power instead of some technique he can't control like Nihilus being unable to stop draining the life from anything that gets near him? It seems more likely that Watcher 2 just doesn't have any idea what the hell he is talking about when it comes to such matters. Especially given that he couldn't even one shot a force blind Agent while you have guys like Thanaton going around one shotting an Inquisitor who is strong enough to be considered a Sith Lord with a wave of his hand.

I have my doubts about Jadus as well. No matter how skilled and well-equiped IA is, it's not like he can to take on ''the strongest Sith Lord after the Emperor''.

We have almost no information about Darth Ravage and Darth Mortis, but they should be powerful, considering noone has killed them yet. Although Marr should be stronger as I can see now.

I have my doubts about Jadus as well. No matter how skilled and well-equiped IA is, it's not like he can to take on ''the strongest Sith Lord after the Emperor''.

And yet he did :p As always with the EU, phenomenal cosmic power tends to fail at the most inconvenient moments. We are never given anything that directly contradicts the assessment of him being the second in power only to the Emperor.

And yet he did :p As always with the EU, phenomenal cosmic power tends to fail at the most inconvenient moments. We are never given anything that directly contradicts the assessment of him being the second in power only to the Emperor.

Well, I can believe it if we pretend that there wasn't a fight at all, agent was just running for his life and activating stuff.

The problem with the statement that it was made not by force sensistive individual. It really looks like employees discussing how big and bad their boss is.