Premades

Raansu

I got nothing against them, I run them as well in regs, however, I am getting tired of doing group ranked, running into the same two teams for three hours and then solo queuing on an alt and run into a different premade every match. Where the **** are you guys for ranked? Man up and queue for ranked. I'd like to play more than only the two top teams over and over every night.

I got nothing against them, I run them as well in regs, however, I am getting tired of doing group ranked, running into the same two teams for three hours and then solo queuing on an alt and run into a different premade every match. Where the **** are you guys for ranked? Man up and queue for ranked. I'd like to play more than only the two top teams over and over every night.

If there was ranked pvp on vanilla you would undesrtand what you asked if playing against let's say our premades.

A clue to you: Nobody likes to join matchs that they know are lost at the beginning.

Why?

Imbalance in classes are so great, that unless you have a select character type, your not going to do well, unless you respec/regear your toon for one of the cheese builds, you are so subpar in arenas that you feel like a liability than a team-mate.

If you choose the "Leveling another toon and gearing him" approach it can be either.

1: Long slog of losses in ranked usually 2 weeks(for a couple hours a day)

2: Epic month of dedicated play in regs.

People dont like losing, games are meant to be fun, not trials of patience, so most people arent going to slog it out for days at a time, just have a chance at ranked. Regs are 90% lopsided matches where one team is so outgunned its not competetive, so now thats not really that fun.

The state of the pvp community for some factions on server is at such a dismal stage that recovery doesnt even seem possible.

Arenas were put out with no balance changes despite the massive call for them, season one which was supposed to come with a balance patch, had in fact NO BALANCING, and even though the developers have stated that they are looking for ideas, they have not even acknowledged that they are even considering making any changes. Instead we are led carrot and stick to the next month, so that the people who make money off our our subscriptions can continue to do so.

You want people to play in arenas, talk to the devs, not the players.

Yes, we get it, there is class balance issues with the game along with mechanic issues that need redesign...That still hasn't stopped the top teams on POT5 from running madness sorc, vengeance jugg and snipers...Classes of which are considered not viable for team ranked.

I don't like losing either, but I would like to face more than two teams every night. There are plenty of guilds on POT5, yet they all seem content with sticking to regs. And if they are queuing for ranked...well then the matchmaking is completely broken because I have literally only faced the top two teams for hours every night with one random team mixed in the middle for one match. It also doesn't help that people queue dodge those two teams as well so...fml I guess -_-.

What balance?? Just stop it already, yes some classes have a slight edge over others but pvp isnt that unbalanced.

Geez, tired of QQ about balancing... Good players with any class always beat bad players with FOTM class.

Can't you understand that already?

Like I said , explanation is easy. Probably good premades are doing ranked and other premades or pugs can't compete with them which eventually leads to 2-3 teams in ranked.

Edited by Agenteusa

What balance?? Just stop it already, yes some classes have a slight edge over others but pvp isnt that unbalanced.

Geez, tired of QQ about balancing... Good players with any class always beat bad players with FOTM class.

Can't you understand that already?

Like I said , explanation is easy. Probably good premades are doing ranked and other premades or pugs can't compete with them which eventually leads to 2-3 teams in ranked.

Just one thing.. Imho just Vanguard dps aren't great on pvp. more suboptimal than other classes.

Just one thing.. Imho just Vanguard dps aren't great on pvp. more suboptimal than other classes.

See that's exactly what I don't get. You go down some threads and you find a whole thread saying how people are re-rolling PT Pyros (which are the Empire equivalent).

I can personally vouch for the PT Pyro since it has been my main since the beginning and they still do fine despite all the nerfs. I'm even toning down , they do great in fact.

I guess "Premades are Ruining Unranked PvP" dropped off of the first page.

Here's what I've observed recently:

(1) I know there's zero consensus on whether voice coordination actually makes a difference in unranked. IMO, it does make a fairly significant difference in larger, multi-objective-based zones (e.g., NC and CW) where LoS plays a big role. Less so in HBall and Pylonz, where LoS issues are minimized. And yes, this does represent a slight change of opinion on my part. This change of heart comes after a couple of days of bouncing off of the same premade on Jedi Covenant (guild name rhymes with "members"). In that time, my win rate for solo unranked dropped from around 50% to around 35%, and the additional losses could be chalked up to matches against this premade in NC and CW.

(2) If you're on a non-PvP server (i.e., not Pot5 or Bastion), and you're playing solo, you're better off playing SOLO RANKED. The matchmaking system isn't perfect, but it works fairly well; and, if there were more people queing, I'm sure it would get better. Also, the matchmaking appears to do a pretty good job of preventing queue synch. You definitely want to have some decent gear (I'm currently half Conqueror / half Obroan), but at least you know you're going to have a reasonably fair fight.

As to why you see premades in unranked, BW has brought the problem on us. Even I don't want to do Arenas all the time. I have a blast in 8v8, especially as the matches are much more fluid and demand some level of tactical thinking. For me, Arenas are only really interesting from the start to initial engagement. Once the battle is joined, it comes down to which team can put out the most damage in relation to their defensive and healing capabilities.

EDIT: I still believe that most accusations of "premade" are attributable to cognitive dissonance (i.e., players expecting to be regstarz in solo unranked when they're really just unwilling to admit they're badz). However, if it's clear you're up against a premade--for instance, when you've faced the same d-bag team 5-6 matches straight--then you either suck it up and learn what you can from it; or, you convince your team to bail on the WZ. It does no good for an individual to leave in that situation, as the server will backfill you with someone who is equally unprepared for what's coming.

As I've said previously, I've learned a lot about defensive tactics from being surprised by 3-4 premades hitting me out of the blue.

Edited by DainjaMouz

Why?

Imbalance in classes are so great, that unless you have a select character type, your not going to do well, unless you respec/regear your toon for one of the cheese builds, you are so subpar in arenas that you feel like a liability than a team-mate.

If you choose the "Leveling another toon and gearing him" approach it can be either.

1: Long slog of losses in ranked usually 2 weeks(for a couple hours a day)

2: Epic month of dedicated play in regs.

People dont like losing, games are meant to be fun, not trials of patience, so most people arent going to slog it out for days at a time, just have a chance at ranked. Regs are 90% lopsided matches where one team is so outgunned its not competetive, so now thats not really that fun.

The state of the pvp community for some factions on server is at such a dismal stage that recovery doesnt even seem possible.

Arenas were put out with no balance changes despite the massive call for them, season one which was supposed to come with a balance patch, had in fact NO BALANCING, and even though the developers have stated that they are looking for ideas, they have not even acknowledged that they are even considering making any changes. Instead we are led carrot and stick to the next month, so that the people who make money off our our subscriptions can continue to do so.

You want people to play in arenas, talk to the devs, not the players.

Holy crap...good reply!

(1) I know there's zero consensus on whether voice coordination actually makes a difference in unranked.

Common sense says it makes a huge difference. I know there's some troll around here that posts about it being just as fast to type instructions, etc, into /ops, but any half awake kindergartner knows that's just pure stupidity.

(1) I know there's zero consensus on whether voice coordination actually makes a difference in unranked. IMO, it does make a fairly significant difference in larger, multi-objective-based zones (e.g., NC and CW) where LoS plays a big role. Less so in HBall and Pylonz, where LoS issues are minimized. And yes, this does represent a slight change of opinion on my part. This change of heart comes after a couple of days of bouncing off of the same premade on Jedi Covenant (guild name rhymes with "members"). In that time, my win rate for solo unranked dropped from around 50% to around 35%, and the additional losses could be chalked up to matches against this premade in NC and CW.

(2) If you're on a non-PvP server (i.e., not Pot5 or Bastion), and you're playing solo, you're better off playing SOLO RANKED. The matchmaking system isn't perfect, but it works fairly well; and, if there were more people queing, I'm sure it would get better. Also, the matchmaking appears to do a pretty good job of preventing queue synch. You definitely want to have some decent gear (I'm currently half Conqueror / half Obroan), but at least you know you're going to have a reasonably fair fight.

As to why you see premades in unranked, BW has brought the problem on us. Even I don't want to do Arenas all the time. I have a blast in 8v8, especially as the matches are much more fluid and demand some level of tactical thinking. For me, Arenas are only really interesting from the start to initial engagement. Once the battle is joined, it comes down to which team can put out the most damage in relation to their defensive and healing capabilities.

EDIT: I still believe that most accusations of "premade" are attributable to cognitive dissonance (i.e., players expecting to be regstarz in solo unranked when they're really just unwilling to admit they're badz). However, if it's clear you're up against a premade--for instance, when you've faced the same d-bag team 5-6 matches straight--then you either suck it up and learn what you can from it; or, you convince your team to bail on the WZ. It does no good for an individual to leave in that situation, as the server will backfill you with someone who is equally unprepared for what's coming.

As I've said previously, I've learned a lot about defensive tactics from being surprised by 3-4 premades hitting me out of the blue.

erm...I don't think you read my original post.

Yes, we get it, there is class balance issues with the game along with mechanic issues that need redesign...That still hasn't stopped the top teams on POT5 from running madness sorc, vengeance jugg and snipers...Classes of which are considered not viable for team ranked.

I don't like losing either, but I would like to face more than two teams every night. There are plenty of guilds on POT5, yet they all seem content with sticking to regs. And if they are queuing for ranked...well then the matchmaking is completely broken because I have literally only faced the top two teams for hours every night with one random team mixed in the middle for one match. It also doesn't help that people queue dodge those two teams as well so...fml I guess -_-.

It's the same reason everybody has already demonstrated. Nobody is going to queue into a faceroll loss, and since only the top teams are in the team rated queue, nobody is going to bother.

If bioware hadn't ****ed it all up at the beginning and had actually put some incentives into rateds (even if youre losing) in addition to other things aside from cross-server that will at the very least inflate the number of rated teams in the queue, then teams would find it worth the time.

• 3 weeks later...

Ohh, the problem is not known for the devs yet. I Think you have to write more posts about this issue on the pvp forums