Cartel Coin Limit

Vdubmaster

Wow...stupidest thing ive ever heard. Now im stuck with no cartel coins for a month. And those stupid cartel coin cards they told me to go buy are non existent. Ive checked best buy and Gamestop. Hattin pretty hard about now.

Now this is different from my understanding, per this page: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=560862

At the bottom it refers to a limit per day on cartel coin purchases. You message indicates it is for a month.

I'm not going to argue it, because I am neither you nor SWTOR. But I never hit a daily or monthly limit, so I wonder what that number is, and whether the monthly limit is correct.

I was given this answer as well, CS told me to try waiting 24h and then they said that it probably wouldn't fix anything because I had reached my monthly limit, however they didn't know what the limit actually was. Then they told me that all the failed attempts I made, when I just figured the website had issues and I was just periodically checking to see If it worked, acted against my limit as well, and again they apparently have no way to fix this.

They told me to go buy from Gamestop or BestBuy, I told them I iived in Canada, they assured me they would have it...

Putting a limit on the amount of money a customer can pay you seems rather counterintuitive to a company's goal, but it would seem this company doesn't like making money.:eek:

I was unable to purhase the expansion because of this error as well. I contacted my bank just to make sure there were no problems, and of course there weren't any. .

Edited by Malacise

Generally speaking the spending limit is in place to help cut loses due to fraud. So if someone managed to get a hold of your SWTOR account info AND bank info they couldn't bleed you dry in a day (and it limits how much EAware has to repay back tot he accounting firm {bank} ).. Some games that enforce a spending limit have a waiver form you could mail or fax in that lifts the limit. But with SWTOR I wouldn't count on customer service even understanding a request like that, let alone having such a waiver :rolleyes: Edited by Jaden_Antilles

There's another thread on here claiming Bioware is responsible for promoting a gambling habit for an addicted player because they are allowing him to buy too many Cartel Coins. The thread has a lot of support claiming buying a Cartel pack is "gambling" because you don't know what you are getting. People there are suggesting Bioware is "ethically obligated" to "fix" this issue because the poor subscriber is too weak minded to not buy Cartel Coins and is not responsible for his own actions.

And now you see why Bioware can NEVER win.

I don't think they should be obligated to do anything of the sort. That's like saying anyone that has ever spent a fair bit of money on, let's say, a Trading card game has a gambling problem. It's not like you spend money with the possiblity of getting nothing, you will get somthing of value for every single pack you open,

I think my biggest issue is the fact that I don't remember making them my financial overseer.

I don't think they should be obligated to do anything of the sort. That's like saying anyone that has ever spent a fair bit of money on, let's say, a Trading card game has a gambling problem. It's not like you spend money with the possiblity of getting nothing, you will get somthing of value for every single pack you open,

I think my biggest issue is the fact that I don't remember making them my financial overseer.

Yes, I understand that and agree with you. I have made the same point on that other thread. My point is that there is also the opposite sentiment. People are dissing on BW because they DON'T impose a (good enough in their view) limit, and they are very vehement in expressing their point of view. And people are dissing on BW because they DO impose a limit (too limiting in their view.)

BW is condemned because they DON'T impose a limit.

BW is condemned because they DO impose a limit.

BW can never win.

And that's pretty much how it is on nearly every controversial subject brought up in these forums. About the only thing we can all agree upon is that BW has pretty bad customer service. And, yup, it's pretty bad.

FTR, it appears that the imposed limit is ten purchases per month, not a limit on amount. So you could purchase 10 $39.99 chunks for about $400.00 real dollars before you reached the monthly limit, or you could purchase much smaller amounts at once and reach the limit sooner.

I had this issue, I'm currently blocked from buying for 30 days.

The reason:

I reached my limit, and kept trying to purchase - the repeat failed attempts caused a lockout.

I spoke to Customer Support and they advised that I had reached my weekly limit(there is also a daily and monthly afaik) when I kept trying.

They also informed me that this is due to legal requirements due to the way they sell things and there is now way to remove the block currently. So it's not really their fault.

Against my own recommendation I now buy cartel coin cards from http://go2arena.com when they have them in stock, I'll resume normal purchases when the lockout ends on the 6th.

It does suck but meh.

EDIT: Also every single experience I've had has been okay - the first was a bit meh as it sounded like the CSR was giving me excuses but the second time was awesome - they even gave me a complimentary 500 CC. All in game tickets have also resolved my issue.

Edited by illuzian