Did they fix Slicing Lockboxes

Baldak

A while ago, I read that there was a problem with the upper level slicing lockbox missions giving too few credits. I had been watching the Patch notes, and haven't seen that this had been fixed, but I may have missed it. Does anyone know if they have fixed this problem?

A while ago, I read that there was a problem with the upper level slicing lockbox missions giving too few credits. I had been watching the Patch notes, and haven't seen that this had been fixed, but I may have missed it. Does anyone know if they have fixed this problem?

I'm still having success with the level 41 and 33 level missions (can't remember if 33 is right). The titles are taking back control, fly on the wall and missing probes.

A while ago, I read that there was a problem with the upper level slicing lockbox missions giving too few credits.

Actually it was mentioned that they wanted to adjust the amount of credits the 400+ lockboxes returned. They did not say whether this adjustment would be an increase or a decrease. In either case it has has not been listed in the patch notes any time since.

The 400+ are still loss on the lockboxes. It's all about the missions.

nonstop investigation missions when you do crit. I really wish Bioware would remove these from the game/remove investigation from the game and just make all the weapons/barrels require underworld metals. Usually can't even sell the missions on the gtn, or the mats, more often than not end up vendoring them to the npc.

And yeah, slicing is still broken for 400+ missions, pretty annoying.

I get other missions pretty often. I think treasure hunt is the most common for me, followed by archaelogy, followed by underworld.

Guess I'm just lucky :).

Lately, I have gotten a lot of Diplomacy missions but, I have a nice stock of investigation missions I cannot get rid of.

Is there a difference in mission discoveries you get from Credit Drain and Fast As You Can? If they each return one mission discovery on a crit, is there any point in ever sending someone off on the Rich yield (and more costly) Credit Drain mission? Edited by Dominoris

His question is related to the 400+ ones. And no they did not.

Yep. I understood what he was talking about but I didn't clarify my comments. I was just trying to point out that the lower level missions I outlined can be used to make money.

Is there a difference in mission discoveries you get from Credit Drain and Fast As You Can? If they each return one mission discovery on a crit, is there any point in ever sending someone off on the Rich yield (and more costly) Credit Drain mission?

Don't think so. Money crates give a bit more though.

I usually just send out the crew on all 4 lockbox mission, most chance for missions.

yep, still broken.

i have several back vaults filled with credit boxes, and i've just stopped running slicing missions honestly. the return on actually getting slicing missions is so few and far between, that it's not even worth it for that anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

While subbed, I received a number of Crafting Missions from Slicing to sell at the market. But, now, as a preferred player. I never receive any Crafting Missions to sell. I have multiple characters all at max Slicing skill.

It seems Slicing is nerfed for preferred and free to play players. :rak_02:

I wanna complain about slicing also :D Its a joke, completely broken. For two weeks now... Unslicable doesnt crit for me. I have two slicing chars, one with a +5 slicing crit, one is with +2... and still, its not happening. Watching the watchdogs still crits on every two or three days, but ofcourse... not when im sending out my slicing crit companions. Crewmembers with only mission efficiencys have more succes, than my slicing crit companions. Its infuriating. Some of my guildies get up to 20 thermal regulators a day, with slicing missions on the sides. I dont even send out lockbocks missions, because the last time i got a mission, it was like two weeks ago, and it was friggin investigation. I have all the legacy unlocks, every chars of mine have maxed out affection, over 600 presence... and still, it refuses to work.

And i cant stop criting with Diplomacy or with Underworld Trading. I dozens of purple stuffs with those skills and im only running them, when im on an Ops or grinding dailies. But slicing, im running basicly non stop. This is nonsense.

I have had many crits over the lat few days. Note that I'm only using T7 for Unsliceable (max affection + crit).

My other companions are sent on the lockbox missions and often crit, which gives me a mission discovery.

I'd say there is no issue. Note that I am a subscriber if this can have an impact.

I am a sub also, and i have 10k influence with T7, and still... it refuses to crit on unsliceable. The last crit i had on unslicable was with Rusk, because i was so desperate and anoyed that i sent out random crewmembers for that mission.

I am a sub also, and i have 10k influence with T7, and still... it refuses to crit on unsliceable. The last crit i had on unslicable was with Rusk, because i was so desperate and anoyed that i sent out random crewmembers for that mission.

I have been keeping a note of my crits so far out 58 Unsliceable missions I have had 13 critts. I have been using Andronikos with Max affection.

Don't get discouraged. It is the wacky world of SWTOR and it's version of frustrate players with RNG.

Over the last two weeks, I have run a ton of Slicing missions (both rich and bountiful) on all sorts of affection level companions and had many many hits. I did not track the percentages, but it seems like much more than my fair share. I now have a number of stacks of TRs sitting in my cargo hold. I would never sell them, because if I ever needed them I would probably not be able to buy a crit for love or money. Besides, the last thing I need is credits.

Rule 1. in the SWTOR RNG circus - If you need it, you ain't going to get it. If you don't, it comes in buckets.

PS - This has nothing to do with the lockbox missions which still seem to be borked.

Edited by asbalana

And I have been running all the bountiful and rich slicing missions and gotten all kinds of crits.

Let me ask you this - are you changing areas/relogging to get Unsliceble? If so consider not doing that. I run the missions presented to me. I only take advantage of the changing areas when I am about to change areas anyway (like when the queue pops for an FP). This morning, going through all five of my my characters, I got three UT metals crits and two slicing crits (one lockbox, one sliced parts); all 450 skill.

Yeah I only use the credit box missions to crit but all I have is loads of UT and Arch missions stacked up.

Don't get discouraged. It is the wacky world of SWTOR and it's version of frustrate players with RNG.

Rule 1. in the SWTOR RNG circus - If you need it, you ain't going to get it. If you don't, it comes in buckets.

Truer words have never been spoken. I am almost certain it is sentient some days.