early acces is fake ??

nirerwolf

i cant understand, they set my guild to Nadd's Sarcophagus server... say its online and light but ohh wait no pre-order acces key? why? i know about the server and everything.. but really.. just opens server while checking if the numbers are good for you?.

love bioware.. but well.

Another one bite the dust... Ty EA :(

well im also waiting for my EA emails...now its 2 emails you need instead of just the one.

but they have covered themselves by stating that you can start playing UP TO FIVE DAYS EARLY.

so the release date is 20/12/11 so even if you get the emails at 23:59 on the 19/12/11 they have not done nothing wrong.

moaning/whinging on forums hateing on bioware isnt gonna change nothing.

its just a waiting game,,and boy am i waiting.i thought id get home today to see some emails that i actually wanted.

so for now im just using my last days in wow telling everyone in org how much wow sucks,because i love winding them all up..

see you all in game.. wont be long now :) good luck

firstly some ppl are already playing and second you didn't pay extra money. early access is a bonus,if you pre-ordered, to start playing UP to 5 days earlier and the game won't be any cheaper after the 20th

I dont know where you bought yours but alot of places charge you for the pre-order itself. not trying to QQ because I honestly stopped caring but I bought it before the whole "up to 7 days" came around, when it said, "Pre-order now and you can START playing 5 days." there was no "up to"

the only thing that is pissing me off right now is the lack of customer support. When I was all mad about it I tried to call on their provided number on the site, and got this line is no longer in service, then I submitted a ticket. Didnt get the auto-response for my ticket til 2 days later... which normally happens instantly on most games... that is the only thing that pisses me off.

EDIT: Before people are like you must have dialed the wrong number because i got through just fine, I know the number works now.

Edited by SirEddge

I dont know where you bought yours but alot of places charge you for the pre-order itself. not trying to QQ because I honestly stopped caring but I bought it before the whole "up to 7 days" came around, when it said, "Pre-order now and you can START playing 5 days." there was no "up to"

the only thing that is pissing me off right now is the lack of customer support. When I was all mad about it I tried to call on their provided number on the site, and got this line is no longer in service, then I submitted a ticket. Didnt get the auto-response for my ticket til 2 days later... which normally happens instantly on most games... that is the only thing that pisses me off.

EDIT: Before people are like you must have dialed the wrong number because i got through just fine, I know the number works now.

Edited by dyson
wrong

After talking with a rep on the phone there is no promise we will get our email today even. We could potentially get our email telling us we can play the day before the official launch. So all I can suggest doing is calling origin and cancelling your order as I have just done. The game may be fairly decent but we the people do not deserve to be bs'd around about an early start some of us will probably not be able to partake in. They will lose a lot of people because of their poorly thought out launch as this is by far the worst headstart/launch I have ever been a part of and to think of the things ahead for anyone who actually stays around....... Edited by kurzad

I too have bought the Collectors Edition $160, I payed for this on 9/1/11 I knew nothing about redeeming a code, until my brother mentioned this to me in November, so I redeemed the code on the 5th. But what makes me mad the most is it said we would get to play 5 days early launch of the 20th. But i'm still waiting on a dam email and this is sad!!! It's pissed me off royally!!! :mad:

After talking with a rep on the phone there is no promise we will get our email today even. We could potentially get our email telling us we can play the day before the official launch. So all I can suggest doing is calling origin and cancelling your order as I have just done. The game may be fairly decent but we the people do not deserve to be bs'd around about an early start some of us will probably not be able to partake in. They will lose a lot of people because of their poorly thought out launch as this is by far the worst headstart/launch I have ever been a part of and to think of the things ahead for anyone who actually stays around.......

I find this type of crap hysterical. No not EA, not BW, not the launch, but peoples reactions. It is amazing to me that people get so mad about playing a game for free earlier than everybody else, and when they dont get to do it, they rage out and call the company to complain. All those people whining about not getting as much FREE time as other people, are taking up the phone lines and taking up employees times from actual real issues. Then the people with actual real issues complain because they cant get their issue fixed fast enough because their FREE playing time is "wasting" away.

Its simple. Do you like the game? Then buy it and pay to play it like normal. ANYTHING you get for free at all, should not only be NOT expected, but you should be happy to get it.

If you dont like the game and preordered just fromt he hype and buy into peoples whines about a "failed launch" (which hasnt even happened yet), then fine. Cancel your preorder and go do something else and quit cluttering the boards with your infant whining and crying about something you get for free.

ITS A VIDEO GAME PEOPLE.

You're not 10 anymore. Go to back to work and get a life. If a VIDEO GAME is so important to you that you get mad AT ALL, then you need to re-evaluate your life and what you've done in it. Theres far and away more important things in life to get upset about. A fantasy world not living up to what you fantasized it should be, shouldnt be one of them.

I find this type of crap hysterical. No not EA, not BW, not the launch, but peoples reactions. It is amazing to me that people get so mad about playing a game for free earlier than everybody else, and when they dont get to do it, they rage out and call the company to complain. All those people whining about not getting as much FREE time as other people, are taking up the phone lines and taking up employees times from actual real issues. Then the people with actual real issues complain because they cant get their issue fixed fast enough because their FREE playing time is "wasting" away.

Its simple. Do you like the game? Then buy it and pay to play it like normal. ANYTHING you get for free at all, should not only be NOT expected, but you should be happy to get it.

If you dont like the game and preordered just fromt he hype and buy into peoples whines about a "failed launch" (which hasnt even happened yet), then fine. Cancel your preorder and go do something else and quit cluttering the boards with your infant whining and crying about something you get for free.

ITS A VIDEO GAME PEOPLE.

You're not 10 anymore. Go to back to work and get a life. If a VIDEO GAME is so important to you that you get mad AT ALL, then you need to re-evaluate your life and what you've done in it. Theres far and away more important things in life to get upset about. A fantasy world not living up to what you fantasized it should be, shouldnt be one of them.

people like you are why wow has failed in my eyes. no passion.

I should also add, we all know what was said and what wasnt. So those that claim, "it never said this at x time" or "it said I was guaranteed x time" are all liars.

First of all, when the ability to preoder came out, they never announced ho much early access there would be. Only that it was first come first served basis. The sooner you put in your code, the earlier you got to play. Secondly, WHEN they did finally announce how much game time, they CLEARLY stated "UP TO". Not once did they say it will be this much for this set of people.

So far, BW has done NOTHING wrong, and people are chastising them and throwing them under the bus because people ASSUMED one thing, and got something else.

Hell, everybody should just be happy they get to play on launch day and get the first month of play for free. Its not a requirement that BW allows people to preorder. Its not a requirement that BW gives in game gifts to people who preorder. Its not a requirement for BW to give early game access. Its not a requirement you get the first month for free.

The only thing thats a requirement, is that BW provides a service for their fees. And since BW itself has yet to charge any single person a dime, they arent required to do jack squat. The preorder fees are from the company you preordered it from. Not BW. You dont have the game in hand, which is why you havent been charged for the purchase of the game yet.

I too have bought the Collectors Edition $160, I payed for this on 9/1/11 I knew nothing about redeeming a code, until my brother mentioned this to me in November, so I redeemed the code on the 5th. But what makes me mad the most is it said we would get to play 5 days early launch of the 20th. But i'm still waiting on a dam email and this is sad!!! It's pissed me off royally!!! :mad:

Where does it say that you WILL play on the 15th? Nowhere. It says that you may be able to play on the 15th-19th for early game access.

It said 'up to' 5 days, which means that the possibility for it being 'less than' 5 days existed right from the start. Getting mad at someone else for the choices that you make is in the end fruitless.

@OP - nope, early access isn't fake, since I'm in. Nope, I started saving money for the pre order and had it set aside when BW announced the game was launching this year, so it has nothing to do with 'rich' or 'privileged'. It is about staying informed, setting priorities, and making the best choices you can.

To the OP:

I find it funny that i have been on these forums and have watched this game for a longtime, and i never remember it saying that you will get to play 5 days of early access. It said that preorders will get early access for the longest time.

Then a month ago i do beleive they changed it to " up to 5 days".

The "up to 7 days" actually happened recently and even i had to go and read up to find out they awarded us an extra 2 days.

So before flaming BW/EA maybe you should do your research the next time you buy something. Might save you the embarassment of just looking dumb on the internet.

Not even sure if OP is trolling considering I've met foreigners that have done these kinds of things.

So you're admitting that you have absolutely no idea how this works? Let me help you.

In English, "Up to" refers to the most you can receive of anything; in this case, early access. It basically means that it goes lower than that under certain circumstances; in this case, the time you put in your code.

Judging by your outburst in this thread and what you've mentioned in this particular quote, I'm going to take a guess and say you didn't even buy it as much as one entire month ago. You make it sound like you bought it maybe 12 or so days ago. That's not going to get you 7 or even 5 days of early access time.

As I recall, Bioware never promised everyone 7 or even 5 days of early access. They've said from the beginning that how many days of early access you get depends on when you put in your pre-order code. So in short, if you buy it and put in the code extremely late, you won't have that many early access days.

What you were reading if it really did say "Start playing 5 days" was an advertisement from months ago probably. Again, if you'd just read everything they had to say, assuming you even understand English, you'd know the details.

The "technique" Bioware used was similar to the PoP or "Point of Purchase" similar in many retail businesses today where you look at all the big fancy letters that form out a sentence, but fail to read the much smaller letters underneath or within the fine print.