Guild Ships

Rexvenator

:sy_starship:GUILD SHIPS :sy_starship:

Hello everyone! If there is one thing that this game is lacking and that I believe will help the game tremendously would be the addition of guild ships! Bioware/EA should really consider this! I know a lot of people talk about it all the time and for myself and my guild mate its something we have been hoping for since day one! There are a lot of other Threads on this, better ones than this but I had not seen any recent ones.

:sy_item:WHAT IT CONSISTS OF :sy_backpack:

The guild ships would consist of a place where all your guild mates and you could go and hang out! There would be an area where you could duel one another, GTN, Modification tables, mail boxes, guild calendar, cantina, cargo holds, guild bank, and so much more! You could make your guild ship unique to the extent of maybe the lighting or color on the inside. This guild ship would be huge! A place where everyone in a guild could go hang out and not have to be bother by the other players of swtor.

:hope_07:HOW YOU WOULD ATTAIN ONE :hope_07:

How your guild would attain one of these guild ships is pretty easy. You would obviously have to buy it. Same way that you had to get your guild bank. Now the part that player don't want to hear is how expensive it would be. It would be quite a bit more expensive then guild bank and probably be around 10mill. Or bioware could take a different route and make it somewhat cheaper but you would have to then spend credits to attain all of the things inside of your ship such as the GTN, cargo holds, etc..

:wea_03:FINAL DETAILS:csw_bluesaber:

In the end the guild ship would be an amazing add to this game! If Bioware is not already working on I would suggest that they starting working on it asap! It should be the next thing the start working on. That is my personal opinion but I think it would be truly amazing! There is also probably a lot of great ideas that I am missing or have not thought of that could go into this guild ship idea. This was just a little simple idea that I thought of. It would be nice to hear what others have to say about this as well and any ideas all of you might have!

:sy_darkside: May the Force be with us all! :sy_lightside:

Actually i do think it is a good idea. I used to play STO (please no comments :p). But before i left they did something with having fleet (guild) space stations. It seemed to go down a storm, and gave guilds a place to really get together and do whatever your guild is in to. Stations wouldnt work as well in SWTOR, i dont think. Ships, however, would be nice to see. They have models for various ships. So, other than coding i cant see it would be too hard.

I do see 1 problem with having the guild ships with the features you've listed. Nobody would ever go to fleet except once per day to pick up the daily/weekly quests. Crafters wouldn't be able to spam general chat and have people see what items they can craft and make a profit from it.

Guild ships are a terrible idea. From what you wrote there they have no functional purpose other than a cantina. BW might as well implement guild cantinas. Why would we need guild ships when you can't do anything with them or should I rather say you don't have a reason to fly them around. Why would my guild need a ship just so we can duel on it, or drink and socialize? We might as well get a guild cantina for that.

P.S. If you really want something like that i would move peoples from the republic / imperial fleet station to Coruscant / Dromun Kass and turn those into Guild space stations.

P.P.S sorry for my english.

Edited by Sebah

Another thing that would be really good to have in such a place would be a direct shuttle to all the operations.

I do agree a bit with Sebah though, I think it would be cooler with some place on a planet, especially if it were somewhat of a sandbox. A big area where each guild can buy a section where some housing would be built, so that others can see all the different guild's places. Of course they would still have an area that is only accessable by guild members, but then they could also have a public area where others can see some info, the guilds achievements and operations progress etc. Then some public space aswell with all the vendors from the fleet aswell as terminals, GTN etc. Then we could get rid of the boring fleet, and you could still see the general chat for the whole planet, when inside your guilds housing.

Guild ships were already officially announced OP, back in March time they said they would inplement them in coming months.. but its BW.. and peple have either been sacked, left or only care for the CM, so of course it has now been forgotten about. the only thread i can find lately is this one...

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/16182-sunday-developer-q-as-with-bioware-live-blog

The guild ship was mainly an idea that many of us players have in our heads that we would like to see. You wouldn't fly them around obviously unless bioware made that work somehow. Whether it be a guild ship, guild space station, cantina, planet or whatever. I was hoping for a place where you and your guild mates only could go and have the luxury of doing a lot of what you could do on the fleet but in your guild home. The only way you could into this instance is if you were apart of that guild. It could be anywhere for all I care I just want a guild HOME of some sort. A guild ship just seemed to fit more because its star wars and that's what we have are fleets and ships to move around in the galaxy lol.

I do see 1 problem with having the guild ships with the features you've listed. Nobody would ever go to fleet except once per day to pick up the daily/weekly quests. Crafters wouldn't be able to spam general chat and have people see what items they can craft and make a profit from it.

you are so correct.

the chat channels in this game unless changed have and will continue to impose limitations on features for this game.