What exactly is Tier 2?

The_Duck

Georg mentions Tier 2 equipment quite a bit but I am confused as to exactly what Tier 2 excompasses.

Is Tier 2 only the new Operation in 1.2 and the new Flashpoint and the new world boss, and the War hero armor and above and the new PvE armor?

All else is tier 1 like EV and KP Operation loot (Columi and Rakata, Battlemaster/Champion etc)?

Well, technically, the true definition of tiered gear is debatable. Often it differentiates the levels of gear in end game.

In the case of pvp gear, I've often seen people use the terms P1, P2 and P3 to denote Centurion, Champion and Battlemaster. Some call it T instead of P by habit.

Georg mentions Tier 2 equipment quite a bit but I am confused as to exactly what Tier 2 excompasses.

Is Tier 2 only the new Operation in 1.2 and the new Flashpoint and the new world boss, and the War hero armor and above and the new PvE armor?

All else is tier 1 like EV and KP Operation loot (Columi and Rakata, Battlemaster/Champion etc)?

Yes, tier 1 is current ops content; normal, hardmode, nightmare; and pvp content. Tier 2 will encompass the new raids and dailies. Though I don't know how pvp is going to be handled in this case.

• T1 = tionese / Centurion
  • T2 = columni and/or Champion gear
  • T3 = Rakata / Battlemaster

• T1 = tionese / Centurion
  • T2 = columni and/or Champion gear
  • T3 = Rakata / Battlemaster

No. T2 is the upcoming new raid gear and war hero stuff as stated by Bioware, so T1 is whatever that's currently available, up to rakata/BM. If you want to separate the current sets you can think of them as T0, T0.5 and T1.

Edited by Havocx

No. T2 is the upcoming new raid gear and war hero stuff as stated by Bioware, so T1 is whatever that's currently available, up to rakata/BM. If you want to separate the current sets you can think of them as T0, T0.5 and T1.

So does this mean that the Highlighted "REMOVABLE T2 ARMORINGS" from the trailer means the T1 armorings won't be available for removal?

So does this mean that the Highlighted "REMOVABLE T2 ARMORINGS" from the trailer means the T1 armorings won't be available for removal?

you can remove them.

i am referring to reverse engineering high level mods to learn new schematics.

it was specifically stated that TIER 2 would be "learnable" so I am trying to figure out which armor and weapon sets contain Tier 2 mods.