Plasma Brand- Shorten the burn

Kelha

I don't see these DoTs as a cleanse protection for Plasma Brand, but rather as a "you shall not stealth before me". Overhead Slash and Blade Storm being different attack types (Melee & Force), it allows me to use them as a counter of respectively Force Shroud and Evasion, because I will be able to DoT them again before they try to disapear, and most of the time it screws their vanishing move.

even though OHS and BS are different attack types, it makes no difference in pvp as you will spam them constantly. I very rarely use PB in warzones since its damage is far inferior to both ohs and bs and DoTs are easy to heal. if you aim for stealthers, i have to stop you there - most stealthers wont be put out of stealth due to DoTs as they don't break stealth (as far as i can tell) and scoundrels/agents got their dodge anyway.

plasma brand definately needs some love, as well as whole vigi/veng tree. i really am missing more synergy skills like force rush.

if you aim for stealthers, i have to stop you there - most stealthers wont be put out of stealth due to DoTs as they don't break stealth (as far as i can tell) and scoundrels/agents got their dodge anyway.

plasma brand definately needs some love, as well as whole vigi/veng tree. i really am missing more synergy skills like force rush.

I don't particularly aim for them, but if they enter my range, I tend to use this kind of tactic.

And yes it works, DoTs always unstealth people... but you have to make sure that they have a DoT when they go stealth. And this can be done even with Force Shroud and Dodge : it's a short time frame that is hard to exploit, but after they use one of these abilities, they tend to spend a little time before to stealth, and in the case of Dodge, Blade Storm will DoT them back, in the case of Force Shroud it can be done with both Overhead Slash or Plasma Brand. Obviously I prefer to face Assassins because it's easier to have one of two DoTing abilies up...

Reducing plamsa brand burn to 9s would certainly be a welcome change. Some of the DoT damage is just plain wasted if you're working it into your rotation every time it's off CD. It's not like Vigilance damage is out of control in either PvP or PvE. Please, give us spell duration and CDs that make sense.