I do not agree with the inclusion of SGRs.

TheBBP

Statement: If that's the case, then not having it is a form of discrimination against those who don't want sgr.

I hope you're not serious. If you are, that is the single most stupid thing I have ever heard in my entire gaming life...

• Replies 640
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Statement: Someone quoted one of my posts, but I can't find it. The one that quoted said that BioWare says that a toggle is a form of discrimination against sgr.

Statement: If that's the case, then not having it is a form of discrimination against those who don't want sgr.

Exclamation: Take that, meatbags!

Conclusion: That's why an optional download is better than forcing it on everybody who doesn't want it, and is easier to do than a toggle. My suggestion continues to stand.

Definitely faulty logic. That is what we call a double standard.

Downloading it doesn't mean you have to do it. You don't have to download same gender relationships. Hence your logic would move current different gender relationships to an optional download and by default you get no relationships.

Clearer logic is that simply you choose to experience the SGR in game or not just like you currently do for different gender relationships.

Halting Statement: Whoa whoa whoa. Stop stop stop stop.

Statement: Too many meatbags are misunderstanding what I'm saying, I'm not being clear enough, and most are too unwilling to see more than their side of the matter. And all are attacking. All are at fault.

Extrapolation: Being an optional download or a toggle are mostly the same save for one being easier than the other to implement.

Clarification: What I'm speaking of, though it involves sgr, I'm speaking more from a companion sgr aspect than not. Those who don't want to pursue SGR with their companions don't want their same gender companions coming on to them. For those who don't know, there are some companions that initiate flirting before the player does. Making it toggle on/off or available as an optional download is not wrongful discriminating.

Admission: I can see where many are coming from that it's a lot like not choosing the Dark/Light side or flirt options. But those are controlled. Companions flirting before the player does, that's not controlled. Yeah, it's saying that they live differently. But so do people who are poor. They have a different way of living. So do those who want SGR.

Explanation: It's not a negative discrimination to make it turn on or off or be an option for companions. It's available for those who want it, but it's not forced upon those who don't.

Admission: Now if they can add dialogue that makes it subtle, say a companion gives a compliment that doesn't imply SGR and THEN you have the option to pursue sgr, then fine. Those who don't want to can just ignore it and those who do will pursue it. Bam! No discrimination period.

Conclusion: I end my adding posts and replying/ clarifying so as to keep things on track. There are too many willing to attack. So any attacks of this will not be responded to.

Statement: Too many meatbags are misunderstanding what I'm saying, I'm not being clear enough, and most are too unwilling to see more than their side of the matter. And all are attacking. All are at fault.

No, we understand what you are saying quite clearly. We just think it's ridiculous.

Have to say there is more impotent things that need sorting out and added on my list then SGRs in game, that being said as an old time bioware gamer it is crazy that they where not added at game launch

all in all i don't mind them adding SGR's but i do think there is more impotent issues to sort out In-Game

Edited by Genuine

@HK perhaps if you posted normal considering you ARE an actual normal person and NOT HK-47 or HK-57. At the very least stop insulting people by calling us "meatbags". That said, you can simply tell the SGR Compatible Companion that you are not interested in them along with not clicking on the [flirt] Option and guess what, the Romance ends or doesn't get started period. Want to know how I know that? I know that that is how it will be with the SGR Compatible Companion because THAT is how ALL Romance Compatible Companions work currently.

<< >>

Clarification: What I'm speaking of, though it involves sgr, I'm speaking more from a companion sgr aspect than not. Those who don't want to pursue SGR with their companions don't want their same gender companions coming on to them. For those who don't know, there are some companions that initiate flirting before the player does. Making it toggle on/off or available as an optional download is not wrongful discriminating.

<< >>

Explanation: It's not a negative discrimination to make it turn on or off or be an option for companions. It's available for those who want it, but it's not forced upon those who don't.

Admission: Now if they can add dialogue that makes it subtle, say a companion gives a compliment that doesn't imply SGR and THEN you have the option to pursue sgr, then fine. Those who don't want to can just ignore it and those who do will pursue it. Bam! No discrimination period.

I repeat an earlier post:

A switch with 4 settings (all romances on, SGRs on, OGRs on, no romances on) would not be discriminatory, because it treats all players and all types of romances equally.

A toggle that was exclusively for switching SGRs on or off would be discriminatory. To understand why, imagine the reverse: SGRs always on, but a toggle that would allow OGRs to be switched on and off.

I repeat an earlier post:

A switch with 4 settings (all romances on, SGRs on, OGRs on, no romances on) would not be discriminatory, because it treats all players and all types of romances equally.

A toggle that was exclusively for switching SGRs on or off would be discriminatory. To understand why, imagine the reverse: SGRs always on, but a toggle that would allow OGRs to be switched on and off.

I would take that further and say the only way it would be non-discriminatory would be to lump all relationships together in the toggle. The only toggle available would turn ALL relationships on or off.

This post is for all the people who keep making comments about taking away resources from other forms of content by including sgr's.

The people who write the stories and design the quests are not the people who fix bugs, create warzones, fp's ,raids, ui features, minigames or the like. The development team is split into different departments that work on different things. They don't all share the same skill set, and are not a bunch of generalists. I would not want artists trying to debug code, or creating code for a new warzone.

This planet has been in the works for a long time. The money was spend for the voice actors, the artwork and the quests, and has not taken way from anything else. You people are using this as a way to veil your fear and bigotry behind thin arguments without sounding like a complete jerk. The only logical way to argue against them is to say we don't want makeb at all, because that is were the money went, not sgr dialogue.

The only way your arguments stands up is if you are so delusional that you think that LGBT content cost more money for writers, actors, artists and quests designers to develop. Utter foolishness.

So in conclusion: writers and quest designers don't fix bugs, design fp's ,ops or warzones, and they don't design ui features or minigames. They do the job they are paid for. Stop trying to hide fear and bigotry behind these idiotic arguments. Anyone with any common sense understands everything i just ranted on. Just stop because you are making yourself look stupid.

Edited by GalenMourne

Statement: Someone quoted one of my posts, but I can't find it. The one that quoted said that BioWare says that a toggle is a form of discrimination against sgr.

Exclamation: Take that, meatbags!

Conclusion: That's why an optional download is better than forcing it on everybody who doesn't want it, and is easier to do than a toggle. My suggestion continues to stand.

It me who quoted you. For some reason my post was removed but anyway, I tend to believe that if a toggle were to be implemented at all then it should be for all romances because as I have said Bioware have stated that to place a switch on SGR in their minds is discriminatory. Not my words theirs.

I agree with mostly everyone in this thread. BW you need to give reason why you selected this to be over other important things this game needs.

I think many of us are getting tired of pointing out that any MMO development team has different groups with different specialties working on different things concurrently.

Also, throwing more devs at one feature does not necessarily get it developed faster. There will be an optimum team size which gets the job done as efficiently and effectively as possible.

Also, BW spends it's money how it wants. It doesn't do things on a whim and everything will be carefully costed on a cost vs impact on the player base .... erm ... basis. Spending money on one feature does not mean that they have taken money from another feature, because ...

*Deep breath* .. Also, there may be a limit to the number of new systems which can be implemented at once. Each system in the code has to interact with others and will impact their performance. Try to change too many systems at once or try to add too many new systems at once and we would inevitably see even more bugs arising. They can work on SGR on Makeb concurrently with adding/improving game systems because it is not a new system. It is simply new story content.

Now, can we all stop posting this "because they are adding sgr to Makeb, that means they are not working on *insert your demand here*" crap?

Edited by Kahotep

This is not a romantic themed game it's a star wars themed game. And do I hate romantic scenes in a action flic? Yes.......

Because Star Wars never had any of that icky romance, right? Han and Leia, Anakin and Padme-waste of minutes that could have shown more fighting! Hell, drop the dialogue too-no one's watching to hear talking! MOAR FIGHTING!

Don't like SGR? Then don't have one. You know... The same way you deal with it in real life?

So, like in real life, don't force current straight companions to begin a SGR. Make 1-2 new companion to be SGR for every class (I say 1-2 because all my chars only have 1 companion with allows romance -.- ). Don't touch what we have.

/deal.

So, like in real life, don't force current straight companions to begin a SGR. Make 1-2 new companion to be SGR for every class (I say 1-2 because all my chars only have 1 companion with allows romance -.- ). Don't touch what we have.

/deal.

In your game they may be straight. In my game, the female companions might all be bi or lesbian ! I'll find out if/when they introduce SGRs for current companions. ;) Edited by markcymru

I agree with mostly everyone in this thread. BW you need to give reason why you selected this to be over other important things this game needs.

Because what you think is most important isn't what everyone else thinks is most important. Simple as that.

SGR with companions ??? who told you that were coming ?? Only thing coming in the near future is a few same gender flirt options with NPC´s and only on Makeb. It´s realy no big deal, the time it takes to write a romance reply compared to the time to write a normal reply would be the same i guess.

I wouldn´t mind having SGR with companions available, then again i wouldn´t mind either if companions were somehow deleted from swtor. Companions is not what makes a great MMO, it´s the comunity and the world we "live" in that makes a great MMO. That how i see it anyways.

Most of our level 50 characters are married to their companions.

A couple flirt options with a couple NPCs solely on Makeb is just a half a** attempt to please the people that want SGR.

Either implement SGR for realz, or just worry about something else.

I have no problem with SGR, in fact i wanted my sith twi'lek male to be kinda both ways (i am not that way in RL, just more fitting for him: maybe it was centaurian gear lol).

Point is that SGR with a couple NPCs this far into the storyline is kinda silly.

SGR with companions ??? who told you that were coming ??

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130102

Topic #4: Same Gender Romance: Any news on this front would be great… Answer: First of all, I want to apologize that this is taking so long to get in the game. I realize that we promised SGR to you guys and that many of you believed that this would be with a companion character. Unfortunately, this will take a lot more work than we realized at the time and it (like some other pieces of content we talked about earlier in the year) has been delayed as we focused on the changes required to take the game Free-to-Play. As we have said in the past, allowing same gender romance is something we are very supportive of.

Secondly, I want to reveal today that we are adding SGR with some NPCs on Makeb and do intend on pursuing more SGR options in the future. More details to come!

Most of our level 50 characters are married to their companions.

A couple flirt options with a couple NPCs solely on Makeb is just a half a** attempt to please the people that want SGR.

Either implement SGR for realz, or just worry about something else.

I have no problem with SGR, in fact i wanted my sith twi'lek male to be kinda both ways (i am not that way in RL, just more fitting for him: maybe it was centaurian gear lol).

Point is that SGR with a couple NPCs this far into the storyline is kinda silly.

Uh.... SGR's on Makeb is ONLY the beginning, and SGR's with Companions are STILL in the works and will be coming.

Uh.... SGR's on Makeb is ONLY the beginning, and SGR's with Companions are STILL in the works and will be coming.

i am doubtful about that.

There was already an interview in which it was related that expansions on companion conversation are very low on the priorty list.

The "still in the works" answer does nothing for us. We have been hearing that kind of answer since chat bubbles are comming soon

i am doubtful about that.

There was already an interview in which it was related that expansions on companion conversation are very low on the priorty list.

The "still in the works" answer does nothing for us. We have been hearing that kind of answer since chat bubbles are comming soon

Ok, first they've stated that there are MORE Options coming in regards to Romances (SGR & otherwise).

Second, Romances and Chat Bubbles have nothing to do with each other. Heck, they aren't even in the same Departments.

SGR with companions ??? who told you that were coming ?? Only thing coming in the near future is a few same gender flirt options with NPC´s and only on Makeb. It´s realy no big deal, the time it takes to write a romance reply compared to the time to write a normal reply would be the same i guess.

I wouldn´t mind having SGR with companions available, then again i wouldn´t mind either if companions were somehow deleted from swtor. Companions is not what makes a great MMO, it´s the comunity and the world we "live" in that makes a great MMO. That how i see it anyways.

Without companions this story wouldn't have nearly the same amount of story or real attachment to our characters. It would have failed to draw any of Bioware's old crowd. In which case what would be the point of having Bioware make an MMO,

I don't think any romance needs to be added to the game. Romance with an NPC is kinda pointless, and rather unfulfilling. Much like kissing your reflection in the mirror.

My disagreement with this particular addition to the game, is more about privacy. The key problem with romantic options with NPCs is the "group factor".

Regardless of how you feel on SGR content, you have no control on these conversation outcomes if someone is grouped with you, and they happen to roll higher on the conversation option.

SGR content, just like ANY romantic option, should be EXCLUSIVE to companion, or single player conversations. Your romantic choices should not be made public, in any way.