Set Bonus, negligible or not!

Paltan

Hi guys, I would like to know your opinion about the set Bonus for level 50 gear. I will hit 50 today on my inquisitor and I already have a warrior lvl 50, I was looking at the bonus on every set and I find them negligible, I build over the level a very cool look for my inquisitor and my intention is just to take all the modification in the set to place in my armor since I found the set bonus are negligible, That's what did on my warrior!

Anyway what do you think of it! I found that some of those set out there are just totally ugly!

*cough* 50 force *cough*

The bonuses are far from negligible, but as soon as you hit T4 you can freely move the armorings and take the set bonus with it

You talked from set to set or mving into any pieces of armor?

Hi guys, I would like to know your opinion about the set Bonus for level 50 gear. I will hit 50 today on my inquisitor and I already have a warrior lvl 50, I was looking at the bonus on every set and I find them negligible, I build over the level a very cool look for my inquisitor and my intention is just to take all the modification in the set to place in my armor since I found the set bonus are negligible, That's what did on my warrior!

Anyway what do you think of it! I found that some of those set out there are just totally ugly!

Set bonuses are not negligible at all

I will say that some are useless, I don't know if you are healing, dps, tanking or even sin or sorc so hard to say what you should take.

Edit - Oh 48 sin on your sig, well for pvp stalkers bonus is amazing, pve depends on tank or deeps some on with more info will chime in. They definately matter, unfortunately you can no longer get PVP shells with bonuses

Edited by Mookind

Set bonuses are not negligible at all

I will say that some are useless, I don't know if you are healing, dps, tanking or even sin or sorc so hard to say what you should take.

Edit - Oh 48 sin on your sig, well for pvp stalkers bonus is amazing, pve depends on tank or deeps some on with more info will chime in. They definately matter, unfortunately you can no longer get PVP shells with bonuses

I tank with my assassin, I hit 49 last night and will be 50 tonight so yes I built him as a tank.

Seriously, why even ask?

For assassin tank the set bonus is absolutely a must have and they are the class/spec for which it is by far the most important to have a set bonus.

If I was leading an operation and I saw an assassin tank without set bonus, I would kick him out of the group immediately without hesitation, no matter how good the rest of his gear was.

Having or not having set bonus can make 3 times bigger difference than the difference between different gear tiers.

Seriously, why even ask?

For assassin tank the set bonus is absolutely a must have and they are the class/spec for which it is by far the most important to have a set bonus.

If I was leading an operation and I saw an assassin tank without set bonus, I would kick him out of the group immediately without hesitation, no matter how good the rest of his gear was.

Having or not having set bonus can make 3 times bigger difference than the difference between different gear tiers.

That's why I asked I want to know peoples opinion on it! I will have my second level 50 and I did not do operational yet so I inform myself to make sure I make the right choices!

The Sin tanking set bonuses are actually some of the best, IMO followed by/just behind the PT tanking set bonuses. Definitely pick up the 4 pieces and use them until you are able to get enough BH comms to pick up the campaign armorings to put them into moddable gear.

I started to use at least one set bonus so far which is the first one from the tionese set, I start to see the importance of it and I'm working to get better gear to put in my adaptive, I do still think that the designing team should be so fired to put such horrible gear in the game lol!

Thanks for your input guys, greatly appreciated.

I have to say, that the 2 best Set bonuses in the game are the 4 Piece Sorc Healing and the Sin Tanking set bonuses. +50 Force means less Consumption more healing, heck I keep that set bonus when I use my Sorc as Madness DPS, and as others have said, Sin without the 4 piece isn't viable, light armor just makes us too squishy.

I guess it's all about preference. I tank with my assassin and I refuse to wear the Tionese/Columi/Rakata gear. It's hideous and just a horrible armor design. I haven't really noticed too much of a difference with or without the set bonuses. All I did was rip the mods out of the Columi Gear and placed them into whatever I wanted to wear. I've never had a complaint about my tanking.

I guess
Guessing does not count.

it's all about preference.

It's not about preference.

It is a simple mathematical fact that the set bonus in many cases improves one's damage mitigation more than the increase of stats in any given gear tier compared to the previous gear tier.

Get the headgear, gloves, boots and pants.

Hide headslot, boots and hands are not so bad, use whichever chestpiece you want, and with your first 40 or 44 BH comms (which take less than a weak doing HM FP and SM GF ops) and you'll be rid of the skirt.

... I don't really get the 'it's hideous gear so don't use it' argument. Last I checked, armoring can be yanked from purples now (and some bought outright independently from gear) and the set bonus is tied to said armoring. If you're at 50 without a full set of orange gear that you like the look of, you've obviously done something wrong somewhere along the line.

Anyway, as to the actual question ... yeah, set bonuses are useful and non-negligible, but I don't consider them critical to have if you aren't hitting really demanding content.