Changing Binds on Pickup to Binds to Legacy

lokiinthesky

I would love for them to drop the whole Binds o Pickup and change it to Binds to Legacy. So if schematics drop and another character of yours can craft it, you could send the schematics to that character. I have two scrolls for Armor stuck on an artifice and a cybertech with my armorcrafter begging for them.

What do you think?

Mara'deepstar

it's an interesting idea. There are some not so great implications, though.

Consider how bent out of shape people get when you roll need for your companion, who is at least a functional part of that character. Now imagine people rolling need for their alt.

Yes everyone should establish loot rules if they care about these things, but it does have the potential to be abused.

I disagree for many reasons, the biggest one being that everyone would just roll need on everything as even if they couldn't use it, they could pass it to an alt.

I also think the ability to rip end-game mods out of gear to shuffle them off to alts using legacy gear needs to end. Want to gear an alt, then play your alt.

All that said, if they did something where only greed rolls were unlocked to legacy and restricted it to certain things such as schematics or lower level items and not end-game gear, then I'd support it.

EDIT TO ADD: I'd totally take advantage of this if they implemented such a change, but even so, I feel it would end up causing more issues and problems than it would be worth.

Edited by DawnAskham

I started a similar topic about the Columi/Rakata gear and got similar responses of "people will just need for there alts"

It's simple, if you don't like people who need when they don't need it for that toon, or just are greedy and need everything they can't use. Don't run with them, it's not that hard, join a good guild, and you only need 4 people to run an HM. 9/10 runs that i do are with people i know and trust. If we based the whole game on people who are jerks and realistically a minority in the game, then it would be a pretty miserable game if we based everything on people who "need" things that they don't actually need.

</rant>

all that said, i'd love to see this, my companion has more rakata gear than i do, and it pisses me off

you are aware that you can transfer bound mods between legacy if you place them inside legacy bound item like legacy armor set (containment officer) or the bowcaster from the world event ? :p

This is more about the schems that are BoP, this feature made no sense just like the BoP crafted items that these same schems make 90% of the time

• 2 weeks later...
When it comes to the issue of "everyone" needing for their alt there is a solution. Write a script that checks all the allowed participants skills. If they have the skill for the schematic Need will highlight if they dont its grayed out. That way those that can immediately use the schematic have first crack. if noone has the immediate skill or chooses greed, then everyone greeds and high number wins. That way if it binds to legacy it is a fair to all transaction.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the slight necro, but thought it best rather than making a new thread.

I really wish they could do something about this. I spent hours looking for a hooded robe for Kira at my level (35), and I found ONE on the gtn, priced ridiculously high. I'm not suggesting that all gear be made btl. Even if it was just the rewards from missions, or something, like class missions and heroics. That way when say, my consular gets a robe that he doesn't need, he could send it to kira. or if my trooper gets something he doesn't use, he can send it to qyzhen, etc.

TLDR: In terms of gear, If it was just rewards from missions made BTL rather than BOP, that would be something.

I would like this too. I have won greed rolls for schematics to something a particular toon can't use but another could. Like my Bio won an Artifice 400 schematic that is bound. <sarcasm> thanks </sarcasm> Not going to change my 400 Bio to level up Artifice when I already have another who handles my Artifice.

Some things should be bind to legacy like the droid customization from the CM but in general you won't see it happen for most gear because it'll cause too much damage to the economy although if you could buy a consumable that makes an item BoL that could be cool but probably won't see that either.

Don't roll in schematics that are not for your crew skill and are BoP. Seriously. Just take a quick look at it instead of greeding everything. I know I did the same and when I looked at my inventory after a fp and saw a schematic that I couldn't use and was BoP.. well.. yeah, great, I should have just passed so somebody who has the crew skill could have gotten it. Yeah, yeah, said person could have just rolled need, but maybe they didn't. I never roll need on schematics for my crew skill because.. I don't really need that stuff but I'd take it if no one else has a use for it. Like that.

Sure, I'm a bit sad that the gear drops are BoP because some of them looks good and an alt could use them, or giving outdated stuff from companions to alts.. but eh, that's not the end of the world. We already can comfortably send mods to an alt, so there really is no reason for this.

- "Hey, Sith Warrior, why are you needing on gear with aim!?"

- "Duh, because I have a level 1 trooper that will need it when I plan to level him in half a year! It's my right as a subscriber!!!11"

Don't roll in schematics that are not for your crew skill and are BoP. Seriously. Just take a quick look at it instead of greeding everything. I know I did the same and when I looked at my inventory after a fp and saw a schematic that I couldn't use and was BoP.. well.. yeah, great, I should have just passed so somebody who has the crew skill could have gotten it. Yeah, yeah, said person could have just rolled need, but maybe they didn't. I never roll need on schematics for my crew skill because.. I don't really need that stuff but I'd take it if no one else has a use for it. Like that.

Sure, I'm a bit sad that the gear drops are BoP because some of them looks good and an alt could use them, or giving outdated stuff from companions to alts.. but eh, that's not the end of the world. We already can comfortably send mods to an alt, so there really is no reason for this.

- "Hey, Sith Warrior, why are you needing on gear with aim!?"

- "Duh, because I have a level 1 trooper that will need it when I plan to level him in half a year! It's my right as a subscriber!!!11"

In some you know what people do because certain ones can unlock things in the instance. I always roll last. If everyone is doing greed but nobody can do that particular thing, then why not? And if someone can do that, they should do need if they want it. Otherwise, no sense even putting them as drops in the first place.