Developer Update: Section X and HK-51 Missions in Game Update 1.5

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All this looks awesome!!!!! Tomorrow is going to be insane! Many will return for the new stuff and many will start their adventure for the first time!

To all of you returning, welcome back, we missed ya!

To all of you experiencing SWTOR for the first time, get ready for some awesomeness!

May the Force be with you, always.

Jyx Kingstar

Commando

Jung Ma

Is there any chance that we could see the end to the Dread Masters.

As much fun as it is

fighting enemies that imperial players released from Belsavis to serve the empire.

It feels like its played itself out now and it would be good to get back to the galactic civil war that is raging. For a star wars game there seems to be very little of the wars in it at the moment (with space as it is little of stars either) with most the recent enemies being mad scientists and their rakghoul plagues, gree and their aquisitions race, same faction pvp warzones, no open world warzones, corrupt Correllians, Dreadmaster stooges, Dreadmasters hypergates and now Dreadmasters guards.

So would it be possible to see more in the way of Imperial vs Republic. The war is ment to have started and it would be good for this to be something tied to end game and brought to the fore. Rather than Republic and Imperials constantly joining forces against a common foe.

I am really excited to see more content added, and personally I love stuff to grind for. It gives me a reason to log in every day, spend a few hours hitting all the dailies for my comms and knowing that I can get that gear piece I want in just a few days! Its that kind of stuff (along with other like long, hard ops, gigitty) that make a game last and people want to log in.

That being said, I also feel you're now going to be throwing so many comms at people that they'll accomplish everything they want inside of a few days, and then you're back to where you were at release with everyone being done with nothing else to do / work for.

Too many comms, too fast :(

Edited by Chiltonium

No more Operations and Flashpoints! Please work on other things that will expand the game . I see that in every Big update its the same things over and over again . Add things to worlds that will draw people there so theres not 400 people on a fleet . Add Gambling on Nar Shadar , add pod racing on tatooine, I mean just things like this adds more depth and gives us more things to do that will make this game more dynamic.

No more Operations and Flashpoints! Please work on other things that will expand the game . I see that in every Big update its the same things over and over again . Add things to worlds that will draw people there so theres not 400 people on a fleet . Add Gambling on Nar Shadar , add pod racing on tatooine, I mean just things like this adds more depth and gives us more things to do that will make this game more dynamic.

I'm okay with more flashpoints and operations but we definitely need some mini-games. It would add a lot of life to the game.

It's funny that they mention the thought of the ship crash being on Hoth. In fact the quest to get to the HK ship was on Hoth in the beta. After you completed the quest line the imperial commander said that they were shipping the droids back to Dromund Kaas to be studied. So if you played the beta, the adding of HK not that big of a surprise. I do want him very much, but as someone else said, what are we getting besides another companion to do dailies with. I want a new warzone already. Come on guy. It's been long enough. Tired of the same 4.

I agree, good open world pvp dynamic and flowing, DOAC style, pod, swoop, racing this is a huge IP there is no limit on what can be done, only self imposed limit that EA has on creativity.. :(

I am looking forward doing the HK quest line, and seeing the cartel store.. I hope as the future unfolds so does really new stuff and not the same ole thing over an over, I sure would like my toon to feel like it lives in the world an not just playing though it.:rak_03:

So...what can I use HK-51 for after I acquire him as a level 50? I mean, other than the relatively mind-numbing uses like running more dailies and crafting?

I really wish companions had any real gameplay effect in the end-game.

He's pretty much the same as the other 5 companions you get, only his dps when decked out is supposedly better than Revel/Vette/Gault.

For non-tanks, he's probably the best companion to solo HM fps with (best set up is tank w/h healer comp).

Since crafting isn't your thing - his +1 crit makes him cheaper than the ship droid crafting parts - then I'd suggest just using him on your lowbies.

I'm going to get him on my main and then drop 1M on him to use him on my lowbies. A great present for my Jedi Shadow or Gunslinger:)