Collectors edition vendor

belizar

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He posted that in Febrary, we got after that one single pet, so we had an update... doubt we will ever see another again.

By the way: was that necro really necessary?

Why not necro, rather than make a new thread? Isn't that what we are supposed to do (as long as the basic premise of the thread hasn't changed)?

Man, this is a sad thread.

I remember the promise and excitement in the air when CE pre-order was announced. I remember people arguing over how awesome and exclusive the lounge will be. Such a disappointment.

Now we get grab bags and cash shop. SWTOR Trading Card game will be patched in soon after. TOR is heading in the same direction and E and B.

Hey, when a thread has a yellow name saying what is coming and it never comes, it deserves to be necro'ed. And necro again in Feb on the 1 year anniversary of him saying it.

I totally approve. Don't throw promises so lightly and then hope you can make us forget with some puny cartel coins of yours! I don't want them and i'll willingly let go of my complimentary coins if i'll get at least some rael ETA on the hood toggle or CE vendor update...

• 3 weeks later...

I have to agree, I wouldn't call the 1 single update it had "regularly".

Bioware, if you're ever going to release an expansion, then seriously consider updating the store some more, or people simply won't bother with CE's, no matter what you throw at us, since they won't trust half of what you're throwing at them.

And you don't even have to make the items themselves exclusive, though I'd suggest making anything you place in this store an "exclusive release". CE Owners can make awesome test subjects. Test it on CE owners, release it to the greater public later, while updating the CE store with something new.

For example, implement some gadget that makes it possible for us to aquire blueprints from non-crafted gear. There are some pretty awesome designs out there, available only as green low level gear. Both player gear and companion gear. It'd be awesome if we could extract an orange modable blueprint from those, allowing players to customize themselves and their companions with those lower level designs at higher levels.

Simply adding new equipment is an option as well ofcourse. I wouldn't add too many speeders for now though, there are too many of those by now. Unless it's a speeder that allows for passengers (or has the active companion visibly sit next to the player on the speeder!)

And pets aren't everybody's cup of tea either, besides, the store already has a pet now.

Some new and unique companion customizations could also be an option.

So throw some bones, beefy ones at that, if you want to save the vendors' reputation and that of the CE and its developer with it.

Edited by AsheraII

I posted about this yestorday in my rant about the Heroes' Banner being able to be sold to anyone and everyone as it is unbound and comes free on any newly created character for people with the CE and i saw someone else say the DDE of the game.

TBH even if they dont want to get us much for our extra money we gave to them, it might be nice for them to have a sepperate part of the cartel market or maybe even something low like a 1-5% discount on cartel market. It would still encourage them to buy more, but not so big a discount to ruin their plans of making lots of money.

OTHERWISE maybe have some of the rarer items from the cartel market offered a month or two after they are first released for CE owners to be able to buy for a large price BUT the items are NOT tradable.

For instance i would like the mask or the throne, but i dont want to pay the server price of 10-20mil for each. However dropping £5 (about 1000CC) on them i might be willing to part with that if i knew i really really wanted it even if the newest batch of must have cosmetic stuff is out so the old stuff is out of fashion.

I posted about this yestorday in my rant about the Heroes' Banner being able to be sold to anyone and everyone as it is unbound and comes free on any newly created character for people with the CE and i saw someone else say the DDE of the game.

TBH even if they dont want to get us much for our extra money we gave to them, it might be nice for them to have a sepperate part of the cartel market or maybe even something low like a 1-5% discount on cartel market. It would still encourage them to buy more, but not so big a discount to ruin their plans of making lots of money.

OTHERWISE maybe have some of the rarer items from the cartel market offered a month or two after they are first released for CE owners to be able to buy for a large price BUT the items are NOT tradable.

For instance i would like the mask or the throne, but i dont want to pay the server price of 10-20mil for each. However dropping £5 (about 1000CC) on them i might be willing to part with that if i knew i really really wanted it even if the newest batch of must have cosmetic stuff is out so the old stuff is out of fashion.

Or how about move rare Cartel items like the mask and throne to the CE vendor after a month or two, and make them character bound so they can't be sold on the GTN. Purchasable for credits, no cartel coins, as a thank you to CE purchasers. Because let's be honest, we've been completely ignored since launch.

Or how about move rare Cartel items like the mask and throne to the CE vendor after a month or two, and make them character bound so they can't be sold on the GTN. Purchasable for credits, no cartel coins, as a thank you to CE purchasers. Because let's be honest, we've been completely ignored since launch.

It's a good idea, I think.

I think its amazing how we were promised regular updates and it was even confirmed by GZ before he left and yet....nothing. Sad thing is they couldve turned it into something great like a previous poster said. Instead Im pretty sure everything that we shouldve got/wouldve got is going right into the cartel store now. Just another broken promise and flat out lie from BW and EA.

Yes, and there is a pretty good chance that you'll keep being ignored. Out of all of the things that fell through the cracks, was eventually ignored, or recanted, this has to be at the bottom of the list of things for the very simple reason any resource that would be devoted to CE items, is, without a doubt, being used for shop items.

That idea is unrealistic. They aren't going to give away the things that people want the most There are others that I think they WOULD consider.

- A reduced Cartel Coin cost for everything but the packs.

- A random Cartel Shop item for sale for credits (75-500k), rotated out at random intervals. Yes, even the silly things like Glowing gold eyes.

- A random orange armor item (Empty), existing in-game (not Cartel items) for sale for credits (50-100k), rotated out weekly.

I think its amazing how we were promised regular updates and it was even confirmed by GZ before he left and yet....nothing. Sad thing is they couldve turned it into something great like a previous poster said. Instead Im pretty sure everything that we shouldve got/wouldve got is going right into the cartel store now. Just another broken promise and flat out lie from BW and EA.

Quo vadis Bioware?

An idea someone had months back was that the geologist who sold all those fancy 41stat crystals for various prices could be brought back as a CE vendor with the same stock. Those who got there ones before are not at a disadvantage, and those who have CE get another crack at it.

The only thing that would need to be done i guess would be make the items bind on pickup rather than bind on equip so it offers no monitary bonus for CE players being able to sell rare crystals or white cystals.

It has been many month now, and no updating the CE store. One thing that I would really enjoy would be to have the outfits currently available to be legacy bound. There is a lot of opportunity with RP and other such things should that ever happen *crosses fingers*

EA has your money from the CE purchase. You're no longer any more valuable to them than the run of the mill sub. Enjoy the statue, enjoy the book, enjoy the in game items you already have because it is unlikely that you will receive anything else since it won't make EA any more money.

EA has your money from the CE purchase. You're no longer any more valuable to them than the run of the mill sub. Enjoy the statue, enjoy the book, enjoy the in game items you already have because it is unlikely that you will receive anything else since it won't make EA any more money.

Well if they dont provide us with things they wont, because we likely wont buy CE editions of other games they make or any expanions they bring out. However if they start throwing a few things they promised at us then people are more likely to do it.

OR

As i said in 1 of my posts even if they added items to a CE section of the Cartel Market that only CE players could get but were bound to them then they would potenshally get more cash from us buying creds to pay for extra things.

OR

If they offered CE players say 1 week before general release of the new cartel packs when they come in the CE players might buy loads of the stuff even if its bound to them, but of course this could devalue the items for others and they would likely sell less to those who arnt CE.

Throwing us something would still be nice as they promised something and still yet to deliver after almost a year.

Well if they dont provide us with things they wont, because we likely wont buy CE editions of other games they make or any expanions they bring out. However if they start throwing a few things they promised at us then people are more likely to do it.

OR

As i said in 1 of my posts even if they added items to a CE section of the Cartel Market that only CE players could get but were bound to them then they would potenshally get more cash from us buying creds to pay for extra things.

OR

If they offered CE players say 1 week before general release of the new cartel packs when they come in the CE players might buy loads of the stuff even if its bound to them, but of course this could devalue the items for others and they would likely sell less to those who arnt CE.

Throwing us something would still be nice as they promised something and still yet to deliver after almost a year.

You've got a Tauntaun pet... -_-