Lego Star Wars 4: The Old Republic

RogueDiplomacy

Dear Bioware/EA/Lucasarts,

I'm a huge fan of SWTOR, and I'm also a fan of the Traveler's Tales Lego games, particularly Lego Star Wars. Traveler's Tales has done a great tongue-in-cheek job of bringing multiple licensees to the table for some awesome games. Maybe it's time for an EA / TT partnership. Lego is probably already on board and has produced some great little SWTOR sets.

I'd love to see some of the class stories from SWTOR reduced to amusing Lego-friendly stories in short bursts. It'd be an awesome source for cross-promotion. Like an MMO, the Lego games also allow some degree of character customization; players could be either a default/story character OR build one from a range of sensible options.

The empire/republic dynamic could work similarly to how TT used Batcave/Arkham for it's first Lego Batman game. Even the Dark/Light mechanic could be worked in, with players having multiple paths to finish a level, receiving collecting dark and light side bricks accordingly.

The different classes in SWTOR could be simplified down to the platform-friendly unique abilities Lego games tend to implement.

Examples (some of which are already used in prior Lego games):

-Bounty Hunter - Jetpacks and Thermal Detonators

-Jedi Sage - Telekinesis

-Operative - Stealth

-Jedi Knight / Sith Warrior - Force Leap

-Scoundrel - Scattergun

(I can imagine some silly animations for Lego characters using shotguns)

Plus, think:

-Lego Khem Val.

-Lego Jaesa (both dark and light).

-Lego HK.

-Lego Revan!

There's so much possibility here! Leverage this IP! Traveler's Tales does excellent work, and I'm sure they probably have some people on staff that play this MMO.

You guys need to start talking. EA, Bioware, Traveler's Tales, Warner Bros., Disney, Lego, LucasArts, everybody. There's money to be had by all.

Personally I think it's a great idea to spread the Old Republic universe, the LEGO games have lots of fans who might become interested in the MMO for example, if they also made a Old Republic Battlefront game that could as well help the game, or you know what, put Old Republic Battlefront into the game where your character has the role as a commander

personally i dont see why they would bother making a lego version of exactly tor. possibly of kotor but not swtor. an mmo lego. no thanks

not an MMO lego i agree.. but a star wars lego game with TOR and KOTOR stories, would be a great way to promoting the franchise.

Also this is the wrong place to post.

Edited by Spartanik

Yes! This would be a great Lego Star Wars 4. Since most Lego games like these spread out into 3 movies or seasons of television, you could have the Kotor 1, Kotor 2 and ToR. Or just ToR, hell it's got enough story for a game, and they've actually made lego kits about it as well.

(side bit for fun)

- Sith Warrior - Force Crush

- Sith Inquisitor - Lightning (Charges items)

- Bounty Hunter - Jetpacks

- Imp Agent - Sniper (like Lego SW:III)

- Jedi Knight - Force Leap (like Jar Jar's jump)

- Jedi Consular - Stealth

- Smuggler - Thermal Detonator

- Trooper - Assault Cannon (like in Lego SW:III)

it could be like a Lego version of the class stories. You create a custom guy like in the old games (but you select a class, and after the first planet you pick an AC) and play through the stories. Class abilities could go like this:

Abilities:

Warrior: Force Crush

Inquisitor: Force Lightning

Bounty Hunter: Missiles (I think Jango or Boba had a skill like this as a playable)

Agent: Stealth

Knight: Force Pull

Councilor: Telekinectic Throw

Trooper: Thermal Detonator (For lack of a better skill

Smuggler: Scattergun

AC Perks:

Juggernaut: More health, every 5th strike a knockback strike occurs

Guardian: More health, every 5th strike

Marauder: Dual lightsabers, every 7th strike hits with more damage

Sentinel: Dual lightsabers, every 7th strike hits with a Force-enhanced blow (sending opponent flying back)

Sorcerer: Heal, lightning does more damage

Sage: Heal, telekinectic throw does more damage

Powertech: Flamethrower

Vanguard: Rifle, enhanced melee strike (if you get close enough you hit enemy with rifle)

Mercenary: Dual blasters, enhanced rockets

Commando: Assault cannon, enhanced detonator

Sniper: Sniper rifle, every 3rd shot hits with more damage

Gunslinger: Dual pistols, trick shot (fire a blank, confusing enemies)

Operative: Rifle, vibroknife

Scoundrel: Longer stealth, enhanced scattergun