Hardmode "manners"

Thank you.

And yeah, I think I started a war between anti-elitists and elitists... Should be interesting

Oh this "war" has been going on for quite some time already, sorry to disappoint you :D These threads unfortunately just seem to be magnets for these "super elite players", what you(and I too) call elitists, to find people who they can bully and call names just because they are new and don't know all the skipping routes...Or even worse if they don't even want to skip!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never considered myself elite. I actually think of myself more as a casual player because of time constraints. If you want my advice, when you first start a FP ask if the group plans on skipping stuff or if they're cool with going thru the whole thing. If they are cool with doing the whole thing, great, enjoy the story and enjoy the practice and fun gameplay. If they want to skip and you're not sure about something, be upfront about the fact that you don't know something and I've found that most people are willing to help out. And if they insist about being an *** about feel free to leave and re-que.

I also noticed DSpectre that you seem to be on the Harbinger. If you're on the Republic side you might take a look at The Walking Carpets guild, and Imperialist Bastards on the Imperial side. We're pretty laid back and you can normally find someone on willing to run something and do full run thrus as well. Also very willing to teach and help out if you need it. <--- Shamless guild promoting. :D

Edited by ShadowTech
typo

I never considered myself elite. I actually think of myself more as a casual player because of time constraints. If you want my advice, when you first start a FP ask if the group plans on skipping stuff or if they're cool with going thru the whole thing. If they are cool with doing the whole thing, great, enjoy the story and enjoy the practice and fun gameplay. If they want to skip and you're not sure about something, be upfront about the fact that you don't know something and I've found that most people are willing to help out. And if they insist about being an *** about feel free to leave and re-que.

I also noticed DSpectre that you seem to be on the Harbinger. If you're on the Republic side you might take a look at The Walking Carpets guild, and Imperialist Bastards on the Imperial side. We're pretty laid back and you can normally find someone on willing to run something and do full run thrus as well. Also very willing to teach and help out if you need it. <--- Shamless guild promoting. :D

Thanks but I am proudly co-owner (Empress) of a guild already. I appreciate it tho <3 feel free to friend me tho

Edited by DSpectre

There is an option in the ticket system called "report harrassing behaviour" or something like that. I find kicks from GF generated groups as much harrassing as I find people calling names in the chat etc. I also got a response to the ticket the next day where BW representative thanked me for the info and said they will investigate and possibly take action. I'm not interested if they do take action or not but now they atleast know what's happening in the HMs and how some people behave towards others in there. It's BW's decission what they are going to do about it.

Hahahaha oh man oh man. You just made my night. I don't think I've ever laughed harder reading a post in these forums and that's including the PvP "please-L2P-smashmomkeys-aren't-OP-at-all posts". The group finder has a vote to kick for a reason. So you can kick people who are AfK or slow or don't skip cutscenes. You are exactly what Döminion is talking about. An extremely entitled person who thinks their time is more important than the 3 other people's time you're grouped with. By you being slow through a flashpoint, you're wasting others time. Hence why GF has a vote to kick. It's not " oh elitist tank thinks I'm slow" kick. It's VOTE to kick and a majority system. If the other 3 people think you messed up; you're getting kicked. I hope Bioware looks into it and you get hit for false reporting. They did nothing wrong other than use the tools the game provided. At which point you took extreme childish offense and reported them. As for your "response" it's a standard message for all reports: nothing more.

Hahahaha oh man oh man. You just made my night. I don't think I've ever laughed harder reading a post in these forums and that's including the PvP "please-L2P-smashmomkeys-aren't-OP-at-all posts". The group finder has a vote to kick for a reason. So you can kick people who are AfK or slow or don't skip cutscenes. You are exactly what Dominon is talking about. An extremely entitled person who thinks their time is more important than the 3 other people's time you're grouped with. By you being slow through a flashpoint, you're wasting others time. Hence why GF has a vote to kick. It's not " oh elitist tank thinks I'm slow" kick. It's VOTE to kick and a majority system. If the other 3 people think you messed up; you're getting kicked. I hope Bioware looks into it and you get hit for false reporting. They did nothing wrong other than use the tools the game provided. At which point you took extreme childish offense and reported them. As for your "response" it's a standard message for all reports: nothing more.

Your logic is truly false! :D Your logic is "I use vote kick because that player is not something I like" and that is the CHILDISH behaviour and logic. If everyone used the vote kick like that there would be people vote kicking people "because the don't like how the other people's char's faces look like" :D

I will keep reporting that kind of "harrassing behaviour" until the point BW forbids me to do that as I find kicks from the groups because I want to watch The Foundry's convos and kill the bosses. That kind of kicking is "harrassing behaviour"! And btw, thanks for sharing your 50s with us back there! Sadly I'm not on your server as I would have really loved to add your toons onto my ignore-list.

Edited by Zamppa

Hahahaha oh man oh man. You just made my night. I don't think I've ever laughed harder reading a post in these forums and that's including the PvP "please-L2P-smashmomkeys-aren't-OP-at-all posts". The group finder has a vote to kick for a reason. So you can kick people who are AfK or slow or don't skip cutscenes. You are exactly what Döminion is talking about. An extremely entitled person who thinks their time is more important than the 3 other people's time you're grouped with. By you being slow through a flashpoint, you're wasting others time. Hence why GF has a vote to kick. It's not " oh elitist tank thinks I'm slow" kick. It's VOTE to kick and a majority system. If the other 3 people think you messed up; you're getting kicked. I hope Bioware looks into it and you get hit for false reporting. They did nothing wrong other than use the tools the game provided. At which point you took extreme childish offense and reported them. As for your "response" it's a standard message for all reports: nothing more.

I'd agree with the Afk kick, but the slow and don't skip cutscenes i don't think bioware had In mind for that use.. Just saying your replies are incredibly over zealous

Edited by DSpectre

I don't believe you. Been sitting at fleet monitoring the chat for a couple hours. I haven't seen this thread, or me talked about yet. So good luck with that one with threatening a "bad reputation" on me. Like that will do anything for you

So you're worried enough to sit on fleet so you can watch chat? And you edited your signature so you character name is no longer there...? If you aren't worried about a bad rap, what's your reason? And you also admit to running or being CO-GM of a guild. Great way to recruit and progress...pissing off all the guilds who can actually clear content. Because i guarantee you that every single one of their raiders will speed run HM's.Mind throwing your guild name out there as well? Because i sure as hell know that I wouldn't want my CO-GM saying they were going to make speed runs as miserable as possible for those who wanted them...

Ohhh wait. Now I see why you're worried enough about server rep.

Patience is a lie. There is only speed runs. Through speed runs, I gain time, through time I gain gear, through gear I gain commendations. The impatience will set me free.

True, is it not?

I salute you, miss! I truly do! I worship the land you walk on :D

Your logic is truly false! :D Your logic is "I use vote kick because that player is not something I like" and that is the CHILDISH behaviour and logic. If everyone used the vote kick like that there would be people vote kicking people "because the don't like how the other people's char's faces look like" :D

I will keep reporting that kind of "harrassing behaviour" if BW especially tells me not to do that as I find kicks from the groups because I want to watch The Foundry's convos and kill the bosses. That kind of kicking is "harrassing behaviour"! And btw, thanks for sharing your 50s with us back there! Sadly I'm not on your server as I would have really loved to add your toons onto my ignore-list.

Exactly the reason I put them out there. Anything with the Kyoto legacy on the Harbinger server is mine. Ignore away. More people ignore; faster and smoother my GF runs go.

And no. My logic is: this person must be a dumb *** because they face pull everything that can be skipped. BoI can be run in 11 mins with no stealth. I don't remember the last time I tried to complete the whole thing but holy cow it was way too long. Why would you want to waste your time running a HM for minimal credit/gear gains when you could be doing so many other things?

Edited by USCG_Davis

Exactly the reason I put them out there. Anything with the Kyoto legacy on the Harbinger server is mine. Ignore away. More people ignore; faster and smoother my GF runs go.

I'm sure your "server reputation" just went high up, buddy :D Quite a lot viewers this thread has gotten and you just put all your 50s on for everyone to see. I'm sure quite many people who hate reading the constant "skip, run, smash spacebar" during the HMs just found new names to add to their ignore-lists. But hey atleast you will find more people who enjoy playing this game by hugging walls and skipping content which keeps you away from ruining the game for the people who actually like to use their chars' abilities :)

Would you please also tell us your guild and if your guildies think and behave like you do so people who are reading this thread and are on your server can ignore them aswell? ;):D

I'm sure your "server reputation" just went high up, buddy :D Quite a lot viewers this thread has gotten and you just put all your 50s on for everyone to see. I'm sure quite many people who hate reading the constant "skip, run, smash spacebar" during the HMs just found new names to add to their ignore-lists. But hey atleast you will find more people who enjoy playing this game by hugging walls and skipping content which keeps you away from ruining the game for the people who actually like to use their chars' abilities :)

Would you please also tell us your guild and if your guildies think and behave like you do so people who are reading this thread and are on your server can ignore them aswell? ;):D

My guild is in my signature. If you can't figure that out...good luck. We run 4 raid groups and a 16 man raid. 3/4 NiM EC 8 man and 5/5 16 man TfB HM. 260+ members with 45 on at peak times. I know one of my guildies has already posted his 50's but to answer your question: Yes. I do not know of a single raider in my guild that would rather slow poke his way through a flashpoint. HM LI-15 mins max, BoI-14mins max, we don't run Kaon as a FP because it takes too long. They're a means to an end. Black Hole coms and Hazmat gear. Story is for sub 50 or SM. Why drag out boring and cake walk content.

So since i hit 50 for the first time yesterday, i have attempted to do hard mode flashpoints and never completed one because i keep finding these types of people who are insanely competitive. i have gotten kicked every single time because of things i have no control over. and so what if i want to listen to a convo? im interested and the people can wait like one minute. not that bad.

SHORT VERSION:

Im tired of how stuck-up people are during hard-mode flashpoints. worrying about for fast to get through a convo, or about accidentally pulling a few enemies to the group for help. and i get kicked for all these dumb reasons

So what im saying here is, do you agree with this arrogant play-style? or do you think there should be more co-operative-ness (i know thats not a word) in these hard-mode flashpoints?

i can honestly say i'd like to think people are nicer than this but im about to give up on humanity over this

So, grats on hitting 50. I hope you made sure to get at least your Recruit MK2 gear (its better than the tionese you get).

Now, let me cover a few points for you, so that you can understand where a LOT of us level 50 players are coming from:

1. Cutscenes - We've seen them a thousand times. So please spacebar through them. If you really want to follow the story, to learn the lore, then you should be playing the flashpoint on story mode. Not hard mode. The simple fact is that the VAST majority of people playing the hard mode flashpoint are there for one of two reasons: HK parts or black hole coms.
  2. Gearing - This is a serious issue. Hard modes ARE hard (for undergeared players). Even the tier one flash points can be challenging to a player that is in pre-level 50 gear. So when you hit 50, make sure to get that recruit mk2 pvp set, or at least the tionese set. I cannot count the number of times I've queued up, entered a flashpoint, and found a tank wearing pre-level 50 gear.
  3. Storymode - PLAY THE STORY MODE. You need to know the fights. No, really. Every time I have to stop and explain a fight to someone who is standing in the lightning, standing in the red/purple/blue circles, that is NOT interrupting abilities... seriously, play the story mode. The mechanics of the fights are almost identical, except maybe a tiny bit harder.
  4. Skip, skip, skip- As I like to say in operations, a fight skipped is a wipe skipped. Now, this usually isn't true in HM flashpoints, but the point is: When you skip a fight, you don't really lose out on ANYTHING. You don't need the XP anymore, and any fight you can skip drops garbage loot. If the op leader is asking for stealth CCs, don't charge in and start whacking at stuff. Chances are they might just want to skip the content. Here's something to do the next time you're in a flashpoint: Count how long a single fight takes. Then count how long a skipped fight takes. Fighting mobs unnecessarily simply wastes time.
  5. Get a guild - No really, a guild is a great place for many many reasons. But here's a few: People will run HM FP with you from your guild. You can use teamspeak or other voice communication tools to ease the process and learn to follow raid leader commands. It gives you a bunch of other people with similar interests to gang up and do things with.

All of that being said, if you make a note that you've not done said FP (in HM or SM), and/or you mention that you would like to watch the cutscenes... I'm usually perfectly happy to oblige. I'll explain the fights, the mechanics, and what to watch out for. I'll watch the cutscenes with you, and alert you when we're skipping stuff. But, you do need to TELL ME before hand.

As a last note: If you're going to start a HM FP run... make sure you have the time to complete it. Joining a run, getting to the second or third boss, and then have someone go AFK for an extended break is not enjoyable and I'll usually votekick on that. Also, if you're queuing up, try and get out of combat quickly so that you can travel and join the FP. No one likes to enter a flashpoint that you clicked "ready" for, and then went off to do something else while everyone else is waiting for you to get there.

Edited by Washu

My guild is in my signature. If you can't figure that out...good luck. We run 4 raid groups and a 16 man raid. 3/4 NiM EC 8 man and 5/5 16 man TfB HM. 260+ members with 45 on at peak times. I know one of my guildies has already posted his 50's but to answer your question: Yes. I do not know of a single raider in my guild that would rather slow poke his way through a flashpoint. HM LI-15 mins max, BoI-14mins max, we don't run Kaon as a FP because it takes too long. They're a means to an end. Black Hole coms and Hazmat gear. Story is for sub 50 or SM. Why drag out boring and cake walk content.

I did not read your sig through with too much attention because I simply do not care, thanks to your attitude :)

Cool stats you have there, lets see if anyone actually care how many minutes it takes from you to clear this and that :D For me it actually sounds terrible if one has to measure how many minutes they have LOST their time to play this and that instance of the game.

The bolded sentence just made my sunday morning! Incredible how such a short sentence can create people so much joy and fun! "We don't play that mission because it takes too much time, like 30 minutes which is like 10 more minutes than some other missions", man it must have been terrible when you have been leveling your chars, think how many HOURS of time you have lost doing all those missions and possibly pvp in those same instances!

But anyway thanks for the answer! Now people who do not want to clock the time they take when doing those instances can just happily ignore you and your guild :) I also give you a friendly advice just for free: go and do those missions you want to do with your guildies and stay out of Group Finder. That will spare a lot of stress and anger from you and from other players who want to sit down and enjoy the instances. It's a true win-win situation for everyone! :)

So you're worried enough to sit on fleet so you can watch chat? And you edited your signature so you character name is no longer there...? If you aren't worried about a bad rap, what's your reason? And you also admit to running or being CO-GM of a guild. Great way to recruit and progress...pissing off all the guilds who can actually clear content. Because i guarantee you that every single one of their raiders will speed run HM's.Mind throwing your guild name out there as well? Because i sure as hell know that I wouldn't want my CO-GM saying they were going to make speed runs as miserable as possible for those who wanted them...

Ohhh wait. Now I see why you're worried enough about server rep.

I was sitting at the fleet long before that comment. And I removed my username from sig before I read your comment. I don't give a damn about my reputation. As if someone could have one in an online game where hundreds of people come through each day. And yeah my guild backs me up. And as if a single comment makes "all the other guilds" pissed off. Uh huh. Sure. Seems legit.

And we don't want elitists in the guild to begin with because they are basically acting like you are right now and let's be honest... I don't think many people would want to hang around you now, would they?

I suspect your harassment against me is drawn by some distant rage and prejudice. Whether its based on my gender, or my intellect, or you straight up don't like me. Well as far as you have said you have absolutely no reason to be very cold and ill tempered.

You obviously get some sort of a rise out of insulting people and know what, no one is the same as you. Sooner you start realizing that the more people might actually respect you.

I'm being nice here because I don't have the patience or reason to rip on you so the fact of treating me like trash is uncalled for. So you are no better than a school-ground bully.

So if you can't speak respectfully like I am now without mouthing off insults every 3 words, then don't speak at all

So, grats on hitting 50. I hope you made sure to get at least your Recruit MK2 gear (its better than the tionese you get).

Now, let me cover a few points for you, so that you can understand where a LOT of us level 50 players are coming from:

1. Cutscenes - We've seen them a thousand times. So please spacebar through them. If you really want to follow the story, to learn the lore, then you should be playing the flashpoint on story mode. Not hard mode. The simple fact is that the VAST majority of people playing the hard mode flashpoint are there for one of two reasons: HK parts or black hole coms.
  2. Gearing - This is a serious issue. Hard modes ARE hard (for undergeared players). Even the tier one flash points can be challenging to a player that is in pre-level 50 gear. So when you hit 50, make sure to get that recruit mk2 pvp set, or at least the tionese set. I cannot count the number of times I've queued up, entered a flashpoint, and found a tank wearing pre-level 50 gear.
  3. Storymode - PLAY THE STORY MODE. You need to know the fights. No, really. Every time I have to stop and explain a fight to someone who is standing in the lightning, standing in the red/purple/blue circles, that is NOT interrupting abilities... seriously, play the story mode. The mechanics of the fights are almost identical, except maybe a tiny bit harder.
  4. Skip, skip, skip- As I like to say in operations, a fight skipped is a wipe skipped. Now, this usually isn't true in HM flashpoints, but the point is: When you skip a fight, you don't really lose out on ANYTHING. You don't need the XP anymore, and any fight you can skip drops garbage loot. If the op leader is asking for stealth CCs, don't charge in and start whacking at stuff. Chances are they might just want to skip the content. Here's something to do the next time you're in a flashpoint: Count how long a single fight takes. Then count how long a skipped fight takes. Fighting mobs unnecessarily simply wastes time.
  5. Get a guild - No really, a guild is a great place for many many reasons. But here's a few: People will run HM FP with you from your guild. You can use teamspeak or other voice communication tools to ease the process and learn to follow raid leader commands. It gives you a bunch of other people with similar interests to gang up and do things with.

All of that being said, if you make a note that you've not done said FP (in HM or SM), and/or you mention that you would like to watch the cutscenes... I'm usually perfectly happy to oblige. I'll explain the fights, the mechanics, and what to watch out for. I'll watch the cutscenes with you, and alert you when we're skipping stuff. But, you do need to TELL ME before hand.

As a last note: If you're going to start a HM FP run... make sure you have the time to complete it. Joining a run, getting to the second or third boss, and then have someone go AFK for an extended break is not enjoyable and I'll usually votekick on that. Also, if you're queuing up, try and get out of combat quickly so that you can travel and join the FP. No one likes to enter a flashpoint that you clicked "ready" for, and then went off to do something else while everyone else is waiting for you to get there.

Thank you for your input. As most things I know already. And the same hard mode "tips" have been noted.

At the same time I'm not changing my play style because I play what best fits me and I do my best.

Talk about perfectionist... Do you set a timer up or something? Perhaps record the game too? Please, tell me how much that matters to other people besides you =)

Thank you for your input. As most things I know already. And the same hard mode "tips" have been noted.

At the same time I'm not changing my play style because I play what best fits me and I do my best.

I'm not going to ask you to change. If you've found a play style you enjoy, then more power to you. At the same time, you need to realize that other people have other play styles they prefer, and those styles MAY NOT be compatible with yours.

If you are a player who enjoys watching the cutscenes, then you need to make note of that to your team mates. If you're a player who enjoys clearing the content, same. If you like to RP your way through, and don't find the idea of skipping content or bonus bosses, or other things to be enjoyable... you need to tell your team. Because then your team mates can decide if they're going to stick with you, or if you're not going to be compatible with their play style.

Again, this is where a guild comes in, as you can find people who are similar to you, and who enjoy playing in compatible play styles with yours... then you can avoid PUGs entirely.

Red text is mine

Now i will describe one story which drew the line for me:

I joined a flashpoint group which seemed to be going pretty smooth, but no one seemed to talk and i just got a feeling of awkwardness and tension.

Did you try being personable with them?

they skipped by alot of enemies without telling me which threw me off a bit because ive always tackled every enemy in the way. but it didnt matter much because i was far enough back to react to this. I got caught up on a cliff and they just kept going. Now isnt it common courtesy to help group-mates out?

I tend to ask if everybody did the flashpoint prior to "starting" the flashpoint, once we're all inside. Just to get an idea of the player's knowledge. Though I tend to skip trash, unless the person requests to do the fulll flashpoint. If you aren't making notion of your concerns we can't help you. As for waiting for you, that's kinda rude. Did you ask them to stop?

so after getting un-stuck, i rushed to catch up, and i managed to accidently cause an attack on myself and i ran towards my group for help. a person in the group right away said "dont run towards us" now... isnt the whole point of a team effort to help each-other out? so i decided to dis-regard what they were saying and run towards them for help.

You should of listened: he asked you not to come to them. By the remark he made and the sentence after it was a mob pull the group wasn't prepared for. In that you should of died and came back. Your actions costed the group to die. Not that it's a huge deal though, repairs are cheap.

to shorten, we ended up dying and respawning back to the start. not too far from where we died. two group mates immediately trashed my actions saying "they should force people to play these before doing hardmode". that irked me a bit and i felt bad. another thing that ticked me off, is that no matter what, i like to enjoy the convo-cinematics and i will listen to the characters talk. during this, one anxious groupmate kept spamming "SPACEBAR! HIT THE F****** SPACEBAR!". And after the convo said "they should just remove story stuff from hard mode... saves on time to rush through". pretty ignorant and self-serving, huh?

The spacebar guy is just a complete idiot. Does he have any clue which game he is playing? The biggest feature this game advertised was the voice acting.

and to finish, i accidentally pulled 3-4 very easy (like 3000 hp) droids over and got yelled at for pulling enemies to them because i needed help. then after that fight, i was voted to be kicked out.

Impatience, though expected since they were annoyed from prior events. Still rude though.

So since i hit 50 for the first time yesterday, i have attempted to do hard mode flashpoints and never completed one because i keep finding these types of people who are insanely competitive. i have gotten kicked every single time because of things i have no control over. and so what if i want to listen to a convo? im interested and the people can wait like one minute. not that bad.

We're on different servers, though if you ever feel like switching;......my main character is Brimmer over on the Republic side on the server Jedi Covenant. I'd be happy to take you through flashpoints with my friends, and help you gear up.

Edited by Brimmer

I'm not going to ask you to change. If you've found a play style you enjoy, then more power to you. At the same time, you need to realize that other people have other play styles they prefer, and those styles MAY NOT be compatible with yours.

If you are a player who enjoys watching the cutscenes, then you need to make note of that to your team mates. If you're a player who enjoys clearing the content, same. If you like to RP your way through, and don't find the idea of skipping content or bonus bosses, or other things to be enjoyable... you need to tell your team. Because then your team mates can decide if they're going to stick with you, or if you're not going to be compatible with their play style.

Again, this is where a guild comes in, as you can find people who are similar to you, and who enjoy playing in compatible play styles with yours... then you can avoid PUGs entirely.

Sorry if my words were unclear. Never meant any ill-intent on what you said.

I fully understand your point. I'm not looking to do hard modes as a full time thing right now, but when I do, I will be sure to notify the group. If they don't like what I want, I'll kindly leave. I'd rather leave than kicked to be honest... Seems less of a downer

Red text is mine

We're on different servers, though if you ever feel like switching;......my main character is Brimmer over on the Republic side on the server Jedi Covenant. I'd be happy to take you through flashpoints with my friends, and help you gear up.

Thank you, and I am aware of stating my intents at the beginning of a flashpoint now.

Haha and thanks for the offer, luv, but I'm quite content where I am. Feel free to shoot over some PMs if you'd like to still talk

Thank you, and I am aware of stating my intents at the beginning of a flashpoint now.

Haha and thanks for the offer, luv, but I'm quite content where I am. Feel free to shoot over some PMs if you'd like to still talk

Best of luck.

Like others have said: try story mode or grab a good set of friends / guildies to rolls with.

You know, this game is terrible. Why?

1) Npc skipping inside instances -- exploit. Npc's are there for a reason whatever that may be. The devs didn't put them in for decoration, they interact to your presence and open fire. The fact that they have a very smallish detection range is bad game design. In SWG (that previous Star Wars MMO) you couldn't "skip" npc's in instances, if you wanted to complete, you had to kill all of them, simple. Everyone knew how much time the instances were going to take and prepared for that. If it would be the same thing here, everyone would simply know how much time they were going to take. Skipping = exploiting game mechanics

2) Not viewing lines and cutscenes -- the usual omg spacebar. Spacebar = another bad game design made by bioware. You'll know how long the instance is going to take if it doesn't do anything. If you don't have the time to play an fp you wanted to do... then don't, simple.

The bad thing in this game isn't as some of you want to believe that people are allowed by game mechanics to aggro npc's or to not spam the spacebar but it is the fact that it is possible to skip.

Red text is mine

You know, this game is terrible. Why?

1) Npc skipping inside instances -- exploit. Npc's are there for a reason whatever that may be. The devs didn't put them in for decoration, they interact to your presence and open fire. The fact that they have a very smallish detection range is bad game design. In SWG (that previous Star Wars MMO) you couldn't "skip" npc's in instances, if you wanted to complete, you had to kill all of them, simple. Everyone knew how much time the instances were going to take and prepared for that. If it would be the same thing here, everyone would simply know how much time they were going to take. Skipping = exploiting game mechanics

First of all flashpoints have been edited to remove some groups of mobs within the flashpoints, lowering the amount you have to fight. Second the scoundrel can knockout mobs (CC) without causing aggro. Come on they gave us the ability and tools to do so.

2) Not viewing lines and cutscenes -- the usual omg spacebar. Spacebar = another bad game design made by bioware. You'll know how long the instance is going to take if it doesn't do anything. If you don't have the time to play an fp you wanted to do... then don't, simple.

I've been here since closed beta - I would of quit shortly after if I couldn't use the spacebar. I enjoy the clips, though not enough to watch them a 100 times. I'm all fine with rewatching them if somebody hasn't been through; though people shouldn't be forced to watch them. That would be a horrible design.

The bad thing in this game isn't as some of you want to believe that people are allowed by game mechanics to aggro npc's or to not spam the spacebar but it is the fact that it is possible to skip.

Freedom to play how you would enjoy is a bad game design? I see..... :confused: No, no I don't.

Edited by Brimmer