Battlemaster gear

varietasplus

If bolster was inplemented, why wasn't expertise removed from Battlemaster gear?

I tried to play PVP with an alt that is still level50 with Battlemaster gear, but my health remains 25k only.

If expertise was removed from War Hero, why did it remain on the Battlemaster?

I do not have comms I could exchange PVE gear with and in a certain way it is absurd that I would need to buy green or blue items that are significantly worse than my BM (on the fleet), so that those might become better in WZ.

I worked for that BM set and I think it should be superior to all but WH below level55.

It is not right that one's efforts are undone like this.

Any hints how to solve this gear issue?

He's going to have like 1000 expertise in a WZ and he's only level 50 not 55, hence the reason for his question.

Unfortunately you're going to have to spend some credits on gear or go pve for an hour or two before going into a WZ. I have a couple toons I haven't touched yet for this very reason, one in BM and the other in lolrecruit.

Edited by Ridickilis

I would imagine their reasoning was that by the time they implemented the new bolster system BM gear had been out of the game for some time. Since wasn't available anymore I guess they didn't see the need to fix it. Pretty short sighted, but certainly not totally unreasonable. They were under a ton of pressure since PvP was basically completely broken when 2.0 went live. So they fixed all the relevant gear in their minds, which BTW removing the expertise was probably a last minute, last resort type of fix, and left out BM to save some time.

I don't agree with how they did things at all but I can see why they did it. Get some planetary comms, find a list of lowbie heroics that award them and farm them that way, and get some Makeb mods, the bolster pretty well.

If you do the daily pvp mission, as well as the weekly, it'll only take you around a week to get the full conq set. It's way easy...

Z

*sigh*

He shouldn't go into any pvp WZ with BM or below gear. Any gear with expertise on it will not get bolstered. He will be stuck with the exact same stats he has outside of a WZ and will get killed very quickly with roughly half the expertise of everyone else.

Even if he does manage one medal per WZ to get coms he'll be taking a barrage of abuse (of varying degrees) from teammates for showing up in BM.

Edited by Ridickilis

They removed expertise from WH and EWH because that's what people currently had while they were grinding for the newly released gear. Battlemaster had long been removed from the game. You can't expect to use gear that's over a year old in any progression based MMO. All your commendations from the various planets have been converted to planetary comms which can be used to buy level 58 purple armorings/mods/etc from the makeb commendation vendor, which bolster really well. Use those to replace your BM armorings/mods/etc and pick up some cheap earpiece/implants/relics from the GTN. Don't wear anything with expertise. Save your comms for when you hit 55 and start buying conquerer. The good thing about bolster is that there's a minimal gear gap when you hit 55, and you can still be plenty competitive while you grind for new gear.

If bolster was inplemented, why wasn't expertise removed from Battlemaster gear?

I tried to play PVP with an alt that is still level50 with Battlemaster gear, but my health remains 25k only.

If expertise was removed from War Hero, why did it remain on the Battlemaster?

I do not have comms I could exchange PVE gear with and in a certain way it is absurd that I would need to buy green or blue items that are significantly worse than my BM (on the fleet), so that those might become better in WZ.

I worked for that BM set and I think it should be superior to all but WH below level55.

It is not right that one's efforts are undone like this.

Any hints how to solve this gear issue?

Just dump the battlemaster gear, you would have better stats in PvE gear sub-55.

I would imagine their reasoning was that by the time they implemented the new bolster system BM gear had been out of the game for some time. Since wasn't available anymore I guess they didn't see the need to fix it. Pretty short sighted, but certainly not totally unreasonable. They were under a ton of pressure since PvP was basically completely broken when 2.0 went live. So they fixed all the relevant gear in their minds, which BTW removing the expertise was probably a last minute, last resort type of fix, and left out BM to save some time.

I don't agree with how they did things at all but I can see why they did it. Get some planetary comms, find a list of lowbie heroics that award them and farm them that way, and get some Makeb mods, the bolster pretty well.

They haven't even removed expertise from the lowbie weapons that are being sold from the current pvp vendor. Which has been pointed out several times, by myself among others. Plain bad and ignorant imo.

They haven't even removed expertise from the lowbie weapons that are being sold from the current pvp vendor. Which has been pointed out several times, by myself among others. Plain bad and ignorant imo.

Like I said I don't agree with how they went about but I can see how they reached their conclusion. The fact that they didn't remove it on lowbie weapons either further demonstrates that the remove expertise "fix" was a last resort.

Like I said I don't agree with how they went about but I can see how they reached their conclusion. The fact that they didn't remove it on lowbie weapons either further demonstrates that the remove expertise "fix" was a last resort.

Yeah, just wanted to highlight (As i've done several times before) that the lowbie weapons are still advertised as viable pvp weapons for returning/new players. Because, yes it was their last resort to remove expertise. I buy that. But why the heck haven't they removed it after, on the weapons that are still available for purchase... Confusing returning/new players might not be in their best interest...

Keep the shells, Battlemaster is the best looking gear so far.

Use planetary comms to fill it with mods from the makeb vendor. Youll be good till you get conq gear.

Well, this is a PVP character, I do not really have commendations on it. Truth is, it would be great to level it in PVP because it was a year ago last time I played that class, so practise would be important before entering level55 warzones. Also, I have seen Makeb too many times.

I could buy level10 green items or craft high level blue ones. But honestly, it is simply not right I am to do so. I understand Bioware did not have the time to deal with every tier of PVP gear for it would affect only a minority of players whereas Bolster would bring new players to PVP, fine. On the other hand, if I report my issue to CS, I do not wish to get ignorant automatic messsages like "thank you for your feedback, share it on forums" or "we do not offer the following services", etc.

The proper response would have been the following: we apologize for the inconvenience caused (by designers), to compensate you for your previously top, now useless gear at level 50-54, we give you commendations with which you can exchange Black Hole gear so that you become competitive again and the time you had put into getting BiS gear previously is no longer wasted.

Edited by varietasplus
grammar

Well, this is a PVP character, I do not really have commendations on it. Truth is, it would be great to level it in PVP because it was a year ago last time I played that class, so practise would be important before entering level55 warzones. Also, I have seen Makeb too many times.

I could buy level10 green items or craft high level blue ones. But honestly, it is simply not right I am to do so. I understand Bioware did not have the time to deal with every tier of PVP gear for it would affect only a minority of players whereas Bolster would bring new players to PVP, fine. On the other hand, if I report my issue to CS, I do not wish to get ignorant automatic messsages like "thank you for your feedback, share it on forums" or "we do not offer the following services", etc.

The proper response would have been the following: we apologize for the inconvenience caused (by designers), to compensate you for your previously top, now useless gear at level 50-54, we give you commendations with which you can exchange Black Hole gear so that you become competitive again and the time you had put into getting BiS gear previously is no longer wasted.

Had the same problem as you coming back one week ago. Didn't have any clue as to why I was doing **** and getting 3 shotted with full war hero gear. Until someone explained to me that pre 55 expertise is actually bad for you due to bolster.

I just don't understand the *********** concept, why **** over players that dedicated time to get geared just to **** them by saying "oh you're 51 and you have a full set of pre 55 pvp gear, well **** you then, **** the time you wasted cause you will be better off wearing lvl 30 green gear".... No sense in it..

and getting 3 shotted with full war hero gear. Until someone explained to me that pre 55 expertise is actually bad for you due to bolster.

Actually full WH or EWH is perfectly fine to jump right in with, especially in pre-55. Other than the relics, which have 51 expertise a piece, all the expertise was removed from those two tiers of gear. You'll end up with 1902 expertise instead of 2018 (losing 58 expertise per relic). They're also level 61/63's, which are better than the Makeb 58 stuff.

Once you hit level 53, starting to change them out for blue 66's isn't a bad idea though.

The 'wrong' gear is everything below those.

Edited by Ridickilis

Actually full WH or EWH is perfectly fine to jump right in with, especially in pre-55. Other than the relics, which have 51 expertise a piece, all the expertise was removed from those two tiers of gear. You'll end up with 1902 expertise instead of 2018 (losing 58 expertise per relic). They're also level 61/63's, which are better than the Makeb 58 stuff.

The 'wrong' gear is everything below those.

No, it's not fine wearing WH gear in pre 55 pvp as it stands. I can't tell you the math behind bolster but I know that since I changed to random gear bought at the GTN (just random pve gear) I am way more resilient and can deliver more dmg than I could with the WH set.

They ****ed up something along the way, I know what you mean, WH has better stats than some of the gear I'm wearing but it still doesn't work properly. I'm way too squishy with it equipped.

And mind you I forgot to mention it's all Augmented WH gear.

Edited by Agenteusa

No, it's not fine wearing WH gear in pre 55 pvp as it stands. I can't tell you the math behind bolster but I know that since I changed to random gear bought at the GTN (just random pve gear) I am way more resilient and can deliver more dmg than I could with the WH set.

They ****ed up something along the way, I know what you mean, WH has better stats than some of the gear I'm wearing but it still doesn't work properly. I'm way too squishy with it equipped.

And mind you I forgot to mention it's all Augmented WH gear.

Well I really don't know what you mean by not working properly but, much like you and a lot of other people, all my 50's were at different stages of WH - EWH when I came back and I never experienced the same thing you are describing. The one's that aren't 55 yet are still wearing the WH/EWH stuff (aside from the odd level 53 ear/armoring/hilt mixed in). I'm defiantly not getting three shotted by a single player either. When focus fired, sure, but not from one player.

Edited by Ridickilis

Well I really don't know what you mean by not working properly but, much like you and a lot of other people, all my 50's were at different stages of WH - EWH when I came back and I never experienced the same thing you are describing. The one's that aren't 55 yet are still wearing the WH/EWH stuff (aside from the odd level 53 ear/armoring/hilt mixed in). I'm defiantly not getting three shotted by a single player either. When focus fired, sure, but not from one player.

What's your class? I'm defo being three shotted sometimes (not everytime) but quite regularly as a Pyro PT.

Are you sure you're not getting focused rather than got caught in a 1 vs 1?

Old WH/EWH's that I have left who are still under 55 that I have done pvp on with the old gear (none of them were ever augmented either but I already got read the riot act for that in another thread around here somewhere hehe)

Shadow tank

Sin tank

Jugg Tank

Combat Sent

and finished leveling my Carnage Marauder to 55 (just doing pvp) in regular, non-min/maxed WH. Other than a couple of recruit/battlemaster toons I still have, this one needed the most work as the other's listed were already somewhat min/maxed.

Edited by Ridickilis

Yes I'm absolutely sure I'm fighting one vs one and not getting ganged up.

Well I see you play mainly tanks and as a Mara you have stealth so it can be a deciding factor as a PT Pyro doesn't have really much going for defense and asides from some END traits I don't pick much endurance. I'm roughly at 27k if I'm not mistaken.

On a word of notice, have you tried using regular PVE gear instead of the WH one?

Edited by Agenteusa

No I haven't, but that goes back to the augmenting discussion. I was basically broke on every toon from just doing pvp, I'm only now getting into a couple hours of pve to get a few pieces augmented a night. So I never really had any credits to spare for messing around with gear.

I do change barrels and hilts to the blue 66's though (the level 53 junk on the GTN). They have higher values then the WH/EWH. I do the armorings in the wrist, waist and gloves and leave the other 4 WH/EWH for the old set bonus.

I do get the blue level 53 ear and implants if they're cheap on the GTN though, they are superior in stats compared to the WH/EWH.

Edited by Ridickilis

Go buy the cheapest level 10 greens you can find on the GTN. Bolster works wonders. trust me. That'll be enough to get you to level 55, at which point you can start replacing the lowbie greens with real gear.

Yes that's precisely what I'm saying. I get more effect at lvl 54 wearing lvl 10 greens than I get with WH gear.

No I haven't, but that goes back to the augmenting discussion. I was basically broke on every toon from just doing pvp, I'm only now getting into a couple hours of pve to get a few pieces augmented a night. So I never really had any credits to spare for messing around with gear.

I do change barrels and hilts to the blue 66's though (the level 53 junk on the GTN). They have higher values then the WH/EWH. I do the armorings in the wrist, waist and gloves and leave the other 4 WH/EWH for the old set bonus.

I do get the blue level 53 ear and implants if they're cheap on the GTN though, they are superior in stats compared to the WH/EWH.

I understand what you're saying, we pvp players are always broke but oh well.

I do advise you to try then and use any pve gear pre 55 instead of the WH set and you will notice the difference. Even better, make sure you dont have any expertise on you.