so world pvp in 1.7 yes or no?

LUCASCASADEIS

This entire thread is filled with people who don't PvP, who don't go to the PvP forums, pretending to know what PvPers want and are asking for and then summarily rejecting their completely contrived and make believe demands.

Here's is what PvPers want: they want a zone, designed around open world combat, with pvp objectives and scoring that yields pvp rewards. We want a revamp of ilum that allows it to be playable, large scale open combat.

Now you can pretend to know and understand what OPvP is, what PvPers want from it, you can pretend all you want, but you have no idea what you're talking about...

It's also hilarious that many of these PvEers don't want the PvP playstyle thrust on them, but ignore the fact that PvP players are required to PvE for countless hours just to be viable in PvP. In fact, I HAVE to PvE to lvl 10 before I'm even allowed to venture into PvP areas, flag myself for PvP or enter WZs for the first time.

Where's my special cookie. I shouldn't have to grind mind-numbing mobs and play through "story" in order to unlock companions and abilities just so that I can enjoy my preferred playstyle either.

edit: Yet I do, b/c I understand that's a design choice the devs made, and a concession I'm willing to make so that the game has something for everyone.

Edited by Phrase

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We wouldn't put PvE objectives in - that's Bioware's bright idea not ours see HK-51 and 1.7 is talking about putting the gree PvE in Ilum's autoflagging PvP area. Which is stupid because most of the PvE crowd will just ignore the content (like a surprising amount of people do with HK-51) or go at oh dark thirty with a stealth class to avoid any possibility of actually having to PvP.

Or the dev's could get a clue and not put PvE objectives in PvP areas because it just annoys everyone.

They never learn. Blizz does this PvE in PvP stuff all the time for holiday achievements. All it does is make both PvEers and PvPers angry.

Devs just stop. If people wanted to PvP in open world they would...wait for it....roll on a PvP server! All this stupid PvE in PvP places ever does is irritate both sides and make lots of irate people post threads about how stupid it is to do it.

PvP events and things for PvPers is great! PvP gets largely ignored in SWTOR, so they deserve their own stuff. Be awfully cool if they got their own event.

But learn from the years and years of moaning and crying that has gone on in WoW over these things. Both sides hate it and all you end with are hurt feelings and frustrated angry gamers You're never going to get ahead if you don't learn from the mistakes of other developers.

It's also hilarious that many of these PvEers don't want the PvP playstyle thrust on them, but ignore the fact that PvP players are required to PvE for countless hours just to be viable in PvP.

PVP is other players affecting other players, while PVE is the environment affecting other players. The environment isn't consciously choosing to annoy you, but in the case of PVPers coming at you, it's another player consciously choosing to annoy you. In short, in PVP, we have our choice taken away from us in favour of the choice made by another player.

That is the difference.

Incidentally, personally it wouldn't bother me if you never had to do any PVE to advance your character. More mobs for me, less wait time to gain objectives.

Edited by lollie

This entire thread is filled with people who don't PvP, who don't go to the PvP forums, pretending to know what PvPers want and are asking for and then summarily rejecting their completely contrived and make believe demands.

Here's is what PvPers want: they want a zone, designed around open world combat, with pvp objectives and scoring that yields pvp rewards. We want a revamp of ilum that allows it to be playable, large scale open combat.

Now you can pretend to know and understand what OPvP is, what PvPers want from it, you can pretend all you want, but you have no idea what you're talking about...

Who cares what you want? This is a star wars game not showdown at OK corral. Most players come here to play in a star wars universe not to kill other players. Before you get to yapping I'm valor 70+ and I think PvP is just a crappy filler game for button-mashing e-peeners.

Here's the deal: I have tried PvP. Many times, in many games. Including this one. I do not like it. I do not want to be ganked while playing a game. The point of a game is that it is an enjoyable passtime. Getting ganked a hundred times just trying to get an item a vendor is not fun. Not the first gank, not the hundredth. That's not PvP - it's JvP (Jerk versus Player)..

ETA: I realize most PvPers do not care to do this. But it doesn't mean it doesn't happen, because there are jerks in every crowd.

That's exactly what I don't understand about these arguments. The players who engage in the kind of behavior you're describing are widely regarded as scum. Maybe it's just that I'm on an RP server, but I've never heard of that sort of thing lasting for more than about half an hour before someone calls in the decency police to come take out the trash. In Begeren's top guilds, both pvp and pve, griefing other players is a gkick-able offense.

Next time something like that happens, just go to Fleet and say, "hey, I don't pvp, but I'm looking for x, and there're a bunch of a-holes camping the node and trying to exploit people. Anyone willing to group w me to go wreck some bads?" I think you'll probably find your problem solved much, much more quickly than through an endless deluge of forum posts that'll probably never even get read in the first place.

Whether or not the problem should be there in the first place, it can be solved in about ten minutes through socializing.

For LULZ:

Edited by JenseitsvonBose

Woot! OPvP in Ilum is back! Hopefully, they re-introduce some OPvP Dailies and Weeklies in the mix of new stuff.

The new Reputation grind...err system...doesn't sound fun to me at all though. But whatever. Definitely down for the OPvP action.

he didn't say that llum is back in good position for OPvP. He is asking a question, is there going to be world pvp in 1.7? Its not back in 1.7, I'm pretty sure they'd advertise OPvP is back on llum in 1.7 coming soon updates if it was going to be here. The answer is no, its not back yet, you gotta wait. All they said was Feb/March 2013=llum fix.

The event might promote OPvP(like that tatttoine rakghoul one), but that doesn't mean that llum is fixed for PvP even without the event.

Edited by Jonoku

God, you're all talking past each other.

Point A: PVP people want open, true PVP with rewards for engaging in such, in an environment that allows them to enjoy free-for-all combat.

Point B: PvE people are unhappy because a PvE objective is STUPIDLY placed by Bioware in an area of the game that auto-flags you for PVP.

Subpoint A: being autoflagged for PvP is NOT open world PvP. It is being autoflagged. Period.

Subpoint B: there are skill-less, worthless scrubs who like to gank PvE'rs forced into the auto-flagged PvP areas trying to get to the PvE objective.

Insane Troll Point A: Someone says 'lol it's fun trying to get past them u shuld try it' , completely ignoring the point that the objective shouldn't even be placed in an autoflag area AND that some people don't like PvP at all.

Making a 'new event' in an area that autoflags you for PVP is never, ever , ever a good idea. There is not a single, solitary positive aspect to it, and the designers who do it need to be fired, immediately.

You are ignoring the desires of your PVP customers who want the PVP open world experience to reward them for PVP.

You are irritating people who want to participate in a PvE event and do not wish to PVP and who are harassed by the minority of griefers who like bothering said PvE people.

You are enabling a constant friction between PvE and PvP above and beyond what you've already done, where every single solitary change to skills has been solely based on PvP issues without any regard to what that does to PvE viability. (Try getting a DoT DPS into an OP. Go ahead, I'll wait.)

If Bioware is incompetant enough to keep designing these moronic aspects , people need to directly address the issue.

Not a single solitary reason for WHY you have to go to the Outlaws Den has been put forth in the HK quest. Why make people get flagged for PVP in the first place? It's not fun for some people. You get someone who's just doing his story stuff and he gets flagged, he's in greens, he's gonna get destroyed, over and over again.

Point A: PVP people want open, true PVP with rewards for engaging in such, in an environment that allows them to enjoy free-for-all combat.

Point B: PvE people are unhappy because a PvE objective is STUPIDLY placed by Bioware in an area of the game that auto-flags you for PVP.

Subpoint A: being autoflagged for PvP is NOT open world PvP. It is being autoflagged. Period.

Subpoint B: there are skill-less, worthless scrubs who like to gank PvE'rs forced into the auto-flagged PvP areas trying to get to the PvE objective.

Insane Troll Point A: Someone says 'lol it's fun trying to get past them u shuld try it' , completely ignoring the point that the objective shouldn't even be placed in an autoflag area AND that some people don't like PvP at all.

Making a 'new event' in an area that autoflags you for PVP is never, ever , ever a good idea. There is not a single, solitary positive aspect to it, and the designers who do it need to be fired, immediately.

You are ignoring the desires of your PVP customers who want the PVP open world experience to reward them for PVP.

You are irritating people who want to participate in a PvE event and do not wish to PVP and who are harassed by the minority of griefers who like bothering said PvE people.

You are enabling a constant friction between PvE and PvP above and beyond what you've already done, where every single solitary change to skills has been solely based on PvP issues without any regard to what that does to PvE viability. (Try getting a DoT DPS into an OP. Go ahead, I'll wait.)

If Bioware is incompetent enough to keep designing these moronic aspects , people need to directly address the issue.

Not a single solitary reason for WHY you have to go to the Outlaws Den has been put forth in the HK quest. Why make people get flagged for PVP in the first place? It's not fun for some people. You get someone who's just doing his story stuff and he gets flagged, he's in greens, he's gonna get destroyed, over and over again.

^^This oh so very much this.

If Bioware is incompetant enough to keep designing these moronic aspects , people need to directly address the issue.

I very much agree with most of what was said here, except I don't agree that the developer that keeps doing this needs to be fired. What they DO need to do is learn their lesson. This is no less than the FOURTH time they've tried to implement mandatory PvP flagging on PvE servers.

1. The existence of Outlaw's Den.

-Largely ignored

2. The rakghoul event world boss in Outlaw's Den.

-May have created some OPvP, I don't know, I got my one kill and never bothered again, as I hate, HATE pvp.

3. The HK part in Outlaw's Den.

-Still haven't done it, mostly due to the whole "in Outlaw's Den" part.

4. This new crap.

Face it developer(s). Putting PvE objectives into involuntary flagging PvP areas does little to satisfy the true PvPers, aggravates the crap out of your pure PvEers, and the only people it really makes happy are the grief based "PvPers" (for a few days or weeks, at best).

It's as though the dev responsible has a stepson who is this last type, and his wife is constantly harping on him to make the kid happy, so he keeps trying the same thing over and over again, with slightly different angles.

I've got nothing against PvPers getting something nice, but seriously, don't keep trying to draw your uninterested crowd into the mix with PvE objectives. It's like putting a pot of gold in an active battle zone.

According to the devs of TES: online, that same engine is going to be able to handle hundreds of people in the same area, with more dynamic combat.

They're not using hero engine, they built their own custom one.

And LogicalPremise's post above is so entirely on the dot I think I'm going to go start a new thread just to quote it. That's something that belongs on the front page of a thread, the OP even. Hope you don't mind.

Edited by TheNevet