Trouble with Taking on Toborro

johndoeb

I am trying to solo Taking on Toborro on the planet Meceb. I have finished all of the steps for this mission except defeating Toborro's Glittering Fury. I last about 5 seconds then I die. My question is if this mission can be done solo how can it be done. I am a level 54 Vanguard Trooper.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you mean the droid at the end of the Makeb storyline,( my memory for names is lousy), the the way I found to kill him was to stand underneath him and as the poster above said, avoid when he casts his one shot insta death cast. If you get under his rear end that seems to be safest. Doing that makes him easy..

• 2 weeks later...

This doesn't work, he just aligns to face you, and you are slowed to a crawl half the time anyway.

The only way I've been able to avoid it so far is to do the Gunslinger/Sniper escape-roll out of the room, which just re-sets him.

No, it can't be interrupted, at least not anymore.

(As well, I'm not going to spam LFG!!111oneone in what's supposed to be a non-heroic, either. Have quite my fill of PUGs from warzoning, TYVM!)

E:

Line-of-sight him out that door, to the north of where Toborro's room is --you have more room to do so to your right as you face him --to your left won't break LoS, and will get you one-shotted-- and facing Toborro back through that door. You'll be at extreme range though. Do not go >35m when fighting him, as this is what re-sets him. Hell, he's too easy then. (I just dropped him in like 3 rotations in WH gear at level 55.) Dunno if that's bugged or intended, but I'll take what I can get.

Edited by midianlord

• 2 weeks later...
I must say this is my least favorite mob in the game. Despite what people have posted, it is far from easy. I'm playing Jedi Knight and have avoided the laser a couple of times, but one mistimed exit from in front of him and you're taking a dirt nap. I don't have an easy way to deal with the slow; and more often than not I don't get away. Pretty soon it is a 3 min wait between fights. I don't see the challenge in insta-death...IMO this is a very poorly implemented fight.

Yeah, that last Boss fight can be pretty tough. I had no Problems with my Vanguard the first time through, but on my Sniper I just couldn't do it alone. Had to ask a guildy for help after I don't know how many deaths, and even so we died once.

Think this is harder for ranged casters then instant melee persons.

As my shadow this was the easiest bossfight ever. Id just run in cirkles the entire time. when he does his laser? stand on his side. then start running in cirkles again.

I had my dps companion out and didnt die once.

Guess ranged classes should run around and use their instants as well.

This doesn't work, he just aligns to face you, and you are slowed to a crawl half the time anyway.

The only way I've been able to avoid it so far is to do the Gunslinger/Sniper escape-roll out of the room, which just re-sets him.

No, it can't be interrupted, at least not anymore.

Yeah, what's up with that ? :mad:

The other day I was helping a friend with my commando. It was really tough. I checked Dulfy's site and watched a vid, where you clearly saw the ability throwing the slowing s***** at you got interrupted, but it cannot be done anymore. Your interrupt is disabled during that cast now.

I was able to beat it because of Hold the line got off cd at the last moment the 2nd time boss channeled its oneshot laser thing. And it seems you can only be safe at its side, not even at its back.

I am trying to solo Taking on Toborro on the planet Meceb. I have finished all of the steps for this mission except defeating Toborro's Glittering Fury. I last about 5 seconds then I die. My question is if this mission can be done solo how can it be done. I am a level 54 Vanguard Trooper.

LOL, you got problems soloing this boss? Do me a favor and do not roll Empire and try tio face Szajin then who is like 500 times harder.

I myself found Toborroa easy to kill simply by running circles around him and attacking and watching him die. Even my JK beat him easy with an undergeared Rusk.

• 4 weeks later...

I had trouble at first. I have a poorly planned Guardian and get my butt handed to me often and this boss seemed impossible. After reading some suggestions here it ended up being as easy as the emperor.

Go in and run around it like crazy slashing/shooting at will. When it stops following you and charging its lasers get to its side (NOT UNDERNEATH!!!). After it discharges (my companion was unharmed) stay at the side and it will not move, hit it like crazy. If you don't get it done before it moves again repeat the process above. Again, don't hide underneath, be at the side! After the second discharge you should be able to finish it off easily.

• 2 weeks later...

Use a tank companion and dps the glittering fury from the back. The big laser doesn't hurt your companion, only the droid's ordinary attacks can harm him/her. If you're a tank, switch to dps stance.

Your tank companion does not need to be geared. My sentinel used Lord Scourge in just 1 tionese piece, 2 blue level 50 pieces and the rest were level 47 greens was able to tank it without healing. Use your heroic moment for some minor healing if you need it.

People are saying it is hard. This is true only if you're trying to tank it or time a last minute dash or dodge out of the way. If you don't have the droid's attention, you'll be fine

I've just confirmed, that from the side works. As a smuggler I start in cover, just to drop some things like Sabotage Charge, then immediately run right at him and then to one side. As long as I stay to his side, he's not a terribly difficult mob to beat. Just always stay on his side, even if it means you can't attack, because your companion will attack for you.

LOL, you got problems soloing this boss? Do me a favor and do not roll Empire and try tio face Szajin then who is like 500 times harder.

I myself found Toborroa easy to kill simply by running circles around him and attacking and watching him die. Even my JK beat him easy with an undergeared Rusk.

I have to agree that Toborro seemed much easier to kill than Szajin. I killed Toborro on my Sentinel using *Kira* on my second attempt.

Edited by TheGreatSatan

• 4 weeks later...
Died the first time because I tried to interrupt the nuke. Did the circles method the next time with Nadia DPS/Tanking him and took him down in literally 20 seconds, this was an easier fight then the Consular storyline boss, lol. Honestly just run in circles, save your cooldown to get out of his slow before he fires and just hang on his side blasting/hacking away.

• 4 weeks later...
I had trouble at first. I have a poorly planned Guardian and get my butt handed to me often and this boss seemed impossible. After reading some suggestions here it ended up being as easy as the emperor.

Go in and run around it like crazy slashing/shooting at will. When it stops following you and charging its lasers get to its side (NOT UNDERNEATH!!!). After it discharges (my companion was unharmed) stay at the side and it will not move, hit it like crazy. If you don't get it done before it moves again repeat the process above. Again, don't hide underneath, be at the side! After the second discharge you should be able to finish it off easily.

Holy crap, so easy once I ran around him and hiding at his side and he stopped the second time and could just DPS him while he did nothing.

I followed the advice here and still got hit hard. His laser thing took my companion out. I couldn't heal him or myself. Oh and his lasers hit all around, not just in front of him or to the side. When it got me, I stood to his side and moved out of the red circles, but he spawned more red circles all around me...no spot was open without red circles while he was charging his lasers. I used my dps companion, HK-51 and then Nadia. They both took extreme damage. Since I have to stand in one spot to cast a heal, running around him in circles doesn't work. At this point , I don't see any way to beat him. This is unbelievably frustrating.

I followed the advice here and still got hit hard. His laser thing took my companion out. I couldn't heal him or myself. Oh and his lasers hit all around, not just in front of him or to the side. When it got me, I stood to his side and moved out of the red circles, but he spawned more red circles all around me...no spot was open without red circles while he was charging his lasers. I used my dps companion, HK-51 and then Nadia. They both took extreme damage. Since I have to stand in one spot to cast a heal, running around him in circles doesn't work. At this point , I don't see any way to beat him. This is unbelievably frustrating.

The one-shot laser only hits in front of him. Dirose is it possible that you're lagging on this fight?

The one-shot laser only hits in front of him. Dirose is it possible that you're lagging on this fight?

It could be...All I know is, I get him down to a little less than half way and then he gets me. My companion goes down and then I do. It's very frustrating. I need help finishing this quest, but none of my guild members are online much lately. He has that slowing ability too. I moved a little behind him and to the side of him inside his "personal space" where there were no red circles and still get hit by those bloody beams.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

IMHO - This is the worst implemented quest in any MMO I've ever played. Lets agree that it can be beaten with well timed escapes from the insta-kill laser weapon. That said, the penalty for mistiming this event is having your keyboard unplugged for up to 3 minutes while you wait for the resurrect to be available. There has to be a better way to implement a challenging end mob fight.

I hate this quest with a passion and will never level up another character just because I don't want to do this again.