Combat Log Parser Round-Up & Instructions

Zoopercat

okay, now I'm really confused. Can someone (again?) explain this. I have asked elsewhere but no-one seems to have an anwer

1) how can the parser show an attack of X damage with the shield absorbing X damage if shield chance is only Y %. Someone suggested this is 'other skills or powers' that are doing the absorb and not the shield to account for the 100% absorb...is this accurate? I am not aware that the log actually shows any of the power/skill mitigated numbers (which is annoying) and only the 'end result' of the attack (after armour, powers, skills, accuracy etc. etc. are taken into affect). So 796 kinetic.....796 absorb makes no sense.

2) What exactly IS glance. Parry will show a clear miss (0 damage). glance will sometimes show NO additional information which assumes the entire attack damage hit...but now I see in my log '38 energy....-glance.....38 absorb). so i'm now really confused what glance represents

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is confusing indeed.

So 796 kinetic.....796 absorb makes no sense.

..means 796 kinetic damage was headed your way (meaning not missed or otherwise avoided) but all 796 was absorbed by a force or tech shield (sage's Force Shield, jugg's Sonic Barrier etc.).

'38 energy....-glance.....38 absorb

..means some amount of energy damage was headed your way but you shielded ("glanced") it, and 38 damage that's left got absorbed by some kind of damage negation spell/technology (same as above)

You know what would really help? If you would finally implemented "log upload" feature, I have a bunch of old logs and I'd give your website a try, but there's no way I can do it.

I disabled this some time ago due to uploading of duplicate combat logs and the parser double counting data. Then it got shoved to the back of my to do list and forgotten :rolleyes:

I've re-instated the feature and it is accessible from the desktop software of "expanded" mode using the "right-click" menu. There is no "browse for folder" feature but you can navigate sub-folders of your primary combat log folder. You will need the latest desktop software from http://www.swtorcombatlogs.com

NOTE The combat log data is keyed by file name and uploading the same file name will now erase ALL previous combat and fight data relating to that combat log on the server prior to processing the new combat log.

http://www.swtorcombatlogs.com/img/ScreenShot8.jpg

I've re-instated the feature and it is accessible from the desktop software of "expanded" mode using the "right-click" menu.

It works except prompts that some features are "currentyl disabled" 4 times before showing the context menu. I do appreciate that I can now see the result from combat logs dated 2-3 weeks ago, although they take quite a lot of time to process.

It works except prompts that some features are "currentyl disabled" 4 times before showing the context menu. I do appreciate that I can now see the result from combat logs dated 2-3 weeks ago, although they take quite a lot of time to process.

You spotted my dyslexia there - I've taken out the annoying (mis-typed) message :o

Can anyone make, or know where to get, a plug-in for the Logitech G13?

I envision it to have damage/healing (toggle between the 2 in settings) dealt, DPS/HPS (toggle), Combat time, some sort of threat meter for tanks, so on.

Funkie, try using swtor.askmrrobot.com for PVP. We detect PVP and separate it so that the logs don't overlap from one battleground to the next. Let me know if it does what you're looking for, and if not, what you'd like to have improved.

The estimated over healing that can be done looks at threat as a means to calculate over healing. However, the threat numbers aren't reliable - it depends on the buffs, activated abilities, etc. And since people use these combat logs to compare performance, learn how to improve over time, etc... Mr. Robot feels providing an unreliable number would be misleading.

Yeah, it's unfortunate that Mr. Robot feels that no information is better than estimated information. Ironically, the very reasons you give to not include it are the very reasons it should be included. Healers cannot compare performance and learn how to improve without having an idea of their effective healing. We already know what abilities we used because we pressed those buttons but knowing how they actually helped the group is the only thing relevant to a healer's combat log. Combat logs that do not show that are useless to any good healer.

Hopefully Bioware will start including whatever information you want included in combat logs so us healers can start using Mr. Robot because you do have a very nice combat log parser otherwise.

Hopefully Bioware will start including whatever information you want included in combat logs

I love swtorcombatlogs.com "overheal" feature and I feel it's the one parser I am going to use as a healer. I topped my scoundrel heal recently and it is indespensable.

Ask Mr. Robot is good for certain things, but healing analysis is not very convenient there because some log information is not incorporated. And by that I mean that BioWare included "healing threat" information for a reason, so that you can derive effective healing from there.

A separate note on tanking: I have almost built my "dream tanking parser" on the back of a napkin and I hope to share it with you soon so that you can get an idea of what kind of information can be extracted from the logs.

Edited by Feoktist

I updated the post. I couldn't figure out how to merge logs, even after reading the help. It mentioned a group log, but I didn't see that. If you have instructions, I can include that in the post. Also, check your PMs, I sent you one :)

I updated the post. I couldn't figure out how to merge logs, even after reading the help. It mentioned a group log, but I didn't see that. If you have instructions, I can include that in the post. Also, check your PMs, I sent you one :)

Here's an example - http://www.torparse.com/g/1

You merge logs during the upload. And thanks!

• 6 months later...
sorry for bump. Anyhow does anyone know if there is a way on torparse to separate top parses by class?

Not sure I understand the question completely, so if this doesn't answer it, please let me know. HM Flashpoints and Operations are ranked on the Statistics page. You cannot sort the tables by class at this time, though.

Edited by Lyynk

Not sure I understand the question completely, so if this doesn't answer it, please let me know. HM Flashpoints and Operations are ranked on the Statistics page. You cannot sort the tables by class at this time, though.

Second part did, ty. I was just wondering if there was a way to see top hybrid sorc/sages parses on each boss fight .

Majority of the fights have zero sorcs/sages up there outside a few and was wondering where I'm stacking up.

TY for help.

Second part did, ty. I was just wondering if there was a way to see top hybrid sorc/sages parses on each boss fight .

Majority of the fights have zero sorcs/sages up there outside a few and was wondering where I'm stacking up.

TY for help.

Np, that's a pretty good idea though. I've noted it for possible development later on :)

• 3 months later...

I think there may a problem with Fryingtime. I used the parser today, and 30 minutes later my security software indicated I had picked up the Trojan.zbot.

It may not have necessarily come from Fryingtime, but I cannot be 100% sure it didn't, either.

A word to the wise.

Edited by Umbradomina
Clarification