Potential Solution For Warzone Quitting

Khan-doh-hh

This post isn't about why being able to quit wz's is good or bad. There are valid reasons for both sides.

IMO we need something that allows us to quit wz's, but in a way that abuse is minimalized. Not sure if this idea has been brought up before or if it would be easy to implement.

Solution: Cooldown on "que ability" that gets progressively longer each time you quit a wz in a 24 hour period (resets with dailies). Disconnects don't count (actually should be allowed back for ranked). Having 5 freebies before the cooldowns start might keep more people happy.

Feel free to choose your own values

1st Leave = Free!

2nd = 5 - 10 min (or until that wz is complete)

3rd = 10 - 20 min

4th = 20 - 30 min

The main worry here would be que times for everyone getting longer or people leaving the game (which applies to everything). Please let me know what you think and if anything is wrong with what I have said!

I like the people who leave. Try to re-queue and then get put back in the same Warzone.

I remember losing one time because the Imps were doing nothing but bickering with one another. I complained in general chat. The other Imperial team flamed me. I left the match. Requeued and got on the winning team. I did my best to try and make them lose for flaming me, but it didn't work. Lol

Give the ones who are a staying a bonus instead, those are the ones suffering.

Example: For every guy who enters and quits you'll get an extra + 50 % added to your earned comms.

Risk of exploits: Low. There's no guarantee that whoever you told to queue and then quit, for the sake of you getting extra comms, will end up in your game (give or take games at 5AM when the chance is somewhat greater). Nor will it benefit the quitter unless you take turns. In relation to the time it would take to put this in system people would be better off playing in a normal fashion.

Nor do I think that the the bonus for staying would change the quitter's behaviour. The quitters arent sitting there thinking "hmm should I leave and screw my team mates. Oh well, atleast they'll get extra comms", they simply leave.

AFK'ing? This would only affect the second potential quitter on a team, after that someone has already quit, or els it would be the same as now. I don't see people AFK'ing for comms now so I don't think that would change much.

Edited by MidichIorian

Give the ones who are a staying a bonus instead, those are the ones suffering.

People getting put in matches that have already started are suffering too, especially when that causes chain quitting. Buffing the experience of those of are staying is nice compensation, but it doesn't give the people quitting any reason to not do so. I think it would be hard to come up with good rewards that keep quitters objective minded. It seems a gradual penalty is the best way to single out the repeat offenders. Most of the community still thinks it is acceptable to rage quit every once in a while.

Disconnects don't count (actually should be allowed back for ranked). Having 5 freebies before the cooldowns start might keep more people happy.

So what you are saying is that rather than doing Right-Click>Quit WZ I'll instead need to quickly yank the cable to my switch until I disconnect and then reconnect straight back in?

Edited by Stoofa

People getting put in matches that have already started are suffering too, especially when that causes chain quitting. Buffing the experience of those of are staying is nice compensation, but it doesn't give the people quitting any reason to not do so. I think it would be hard to come up with good rewards that keep quitters objective minded. It seems a gradual penalty is the best way to single out the repeat offenders. Most of the community still thinks it is acceptable to rage quit every once in a while.
Ok how about this, instead of giving them a warzone lockout let's make it so that they cant earn warzone comms in the following game. That way it wouldnt affect queue times. And let's be honest, most people are somewhat interested in the comms.

instead of giving them a warzone lockout let's make it so that they cant earn warzone comms in the following game.

I'm not sure what the total repercussions from this would be. It is an interesting idea. But in this way you punish the people who don't quit often or had a good reason that time (assuming no other control mechanism is in place).

Until they give me the option to select "do not join games in progress" like they do for the group finder, I say 100% no to a quitter debuff. Also, maps. I;m at the point where I just flat out refuse to play voidstar and will leave immediately unless I am grouped with friends.

Until they give me the option to select "do not join games in progress" like they do for the group finder, I say 100% no to a quitter debuff. Also, maps. I;m at the point where I just flat out refuse to play voidstar and will leave immediately unless I am grouped with friends.

If nobody joins games in progress then we have limbo games. If this issue could be contained while still allowing players the option to not start games in progress I'm all for it. I just feel like most people would check the box.

I think in most cases quitting before the match starts is fine (unless the countdown is at 1 second remaining). Sometimes the people that fill in are going to be after the match starts, can't be helped. Debuff would only be applied after lobby countdown was over.

If nobody joins games in progress then we have limbo games. If this issue could be contained while still allowing players the option to not start games in progress I'm all for it. I just feel like most people would check the box.

I think in most cases quitting before the match starts is fine (unless the countdown is at 1 second remaining). Sometimes the people that fill in are going to be after the match starts, can't be helped. Debuff would only be applied after lobby countdown was over.

Limbo? You realize the warzone shuts down when there isn't enough people right? If anything the current backfill keeps those games that should of been shut down from actually ending because people keep backfilling and aborting the shut down. Unless the game literally just started I have no interest in backfilling a match and will leave immediately if I do.

Screw that, you can usually tell in the first couple minutes if you got a bunch of f-tards on your team, at which point there's no point on wasting 10 or so more minutes of your time with. There's no reason quitters should be forced to stick with such crap teams or be locked out from fresh teams.

The only change I'd like to see is that if you leave a WZ you can't re-enter the same game.

I'd check the box at once. Nothing more annoying than waiting 20 seconds of loading screen just to see you are in the umpteenth 3 bases vs 0 or 4 goals vs 0 terrible WZ. And then quitting it and more 30 seconds waiting for Makeb to load up again. And then requeue and late in the evening, end up again in the same terrible WZ.

I want to be responsible for MY good or poor performance, not to hold some baddies wily up for them.

When you will pay my sub dude than you can tell me when I dont must leave wz when I want.

Until this, shut up.

WZ's contain 16 people. Since we are talking about quitters I will make it 17 (assuming 1 person quits and 1 replenishes).

1 quitter makes up 1/17 = 5.88% of the people involved with the group activity (Which cannot function without participation. 1 influences 16 others)

Let's say someone justifies quitting in whatever way they want 5 warzones in a row. I don't care if you want to quit just before scoreboard on a winning team each time because "**** you QQ lulz". At this point 1 quitter has influenced 80 other people (for good or bad). For this reason alone a single group member should not have unlimited power to continually quit wz's. You could imagine entire guilds dedicated to wz quitting for the lulz.

You should not need more than 5 quits + gradually increasing penalties that reset daily to stay happy in wz's. After that you are expected to stay in matches you don't like or accept the penalty (max 30 min cooldown). Otherwise 1 person has the power to disgruntle too many people.

If you do need more than 5/day because you can't handle being in losing matches or with bad PUGs, and you don't want to make your own groups, maybe a "vote to end wz" could be useful. Not sure how this could be abused, but at least there would be a way of getting out of wz's that were hopeless that wouldn't add to the que debuff, and it would be based on group consensus. Maybe give other team 3-5 medals when this happens.

Even if you forget about the rest of the team in a quitting scenario and just focus on the person quitting and the person backfilling. 1:1 mapping.

Quitter = Leaves and is "happy" (until they leave in the next wz too. Ad Infinitum)

Joiner = A few choices. Auto quit. Stay and lose. Turn the tide because the reason your team was losing just left. Sadly all of these choices are secondary to starting a fresh wz. (most joiners = insta sad)

In the above situation you are trading less sadness (quitter) for insta sad (joiner). I can't justify completely catering to the needs of the quitter while not thinking at all about all other people (15 remaining + 1 joiner). I can handle being in brutal losses all night if I started in each match (especially if I get 5 free quits and maybe a vote to end wz). I can't handle starting in the middle (or at the scoreboard) of brutal losses all night. Habitual quitting is just selfish and does nothing to improve the state of the game or the understanding of noobs. Not sure how BW or EA sees it...

I dont see the issue, honestly. Most quitters are bad players that haven't admitted it to themselves yet. I would rather not rely on them to hold a node, call incs, or hit a target.

Yes, i know all you quitters say its because the other 7 people suck, but you probably should stop going solo. You have no friends to queue with? I wonder why...

If i see people in warzones often failing, i give them my teamspeak info and try to help them figure things out. When i was new in the game i got very little help from people. It took me 5 matches of huttball playing "support" following the experienced guys to learn the ramps and obstacles.

I like being the underdog sometimes. When its 6v8 and you win without fillers, you are good. Sometimes Sunday morning is the best time to queue up, if i roll out of bed that early :-)

Give someone the choice between AFKing at the node (can't be vote kicked) or taking a 10-20 min lockout and guess how many people you'll have AFKing at the node.

Not letting people quit freely would surely increase the number of people ignoring objectives. This will be in the game regardless. It is done for all sorts of reasons. There is guy who started a thread today boasting about how he ignores objectives. http://http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=663925

I'm not sure how to deal with this. It might help if the number of freebie quits/day was proportional to the total number of wz's played on your toon (or legacy). So if you have played 1000+ wz's you get 10/day instead of 5. 10000+ wz's played would be 20/day. If 20 quits per day isn't enough you have a problem. Mostly people can't even play that many wz's in a day unless it is a day off. People who need more will be in premades anyway. The people who can't deal with bads are the ones who want more quits. This way you show your commitment to the game and get back the right to disrupt other lesser beings. Scratch that, put it in the CM.

AFKing reminds me of a guy who was on Tatooine recently. He was offering pulls for the datacron so you didn't need to wait for the balloon. He was welcoming tips so I guess he was making money, but he literally didn't move for days and was actually active in chat all along. Said he was staying up there from Wed-Sat or something like that. .........

What about punishing the bads? There's many of you around - the reason why people quit war zones. The solution is simple - learn to play.

Part of the problem is BW. They said the main reason for removing recruit gear was that such a large number of people weren't using it. Pretty weak IMO. They should be able to force us to notice pretty much anything they want.

A better effort from BW and the community is needed for this. BW needs to have dedicated videos from good PvPers explaining basic wz strategy and a few other things. THIS NEEDS TO BE HIGHLY VISIBLE IN AND OUT OF GAME SOMEHOW. Even if it means putting a clickable link at the spawn in each wz that will direct you to the videos in your browser and must be hit before spawning. It really is that bad. Different rewards and game mechanics can help this too.

People do quit before they can properly tell how bad their team really is though. Try opening each of their legacies before the match. Lots of people who look bad might have just made a mistake or genuinely been outplayed in the first minute. Turns out they have 7 other 55s and they just forgot to load their mouse profile. You quit, they load profile, game turned around instantly.

In the end we need matchmaking. I still think people will quit all the time even if they are "theory matched" with the perfect opponents. This problem won't go away.

This post isn't about why being able to quit wz's is good or bad. There are valid reasons for both sides.

IMO we need something that allows us to quit wz's, but in a way that abuse is minimalized. Not sure if this idea has been brought up before or if it would be easy to implement.

Solution: Cooldown on "que ability" that gets progressively longer each time you quit a wz in a 24 hour period (resets with dailies). Disconnects don't count (actually should be allowed back for ranked). Having 5 freebies before the cooldowns start might keep more people happy.

Feel free to choose your own values

1st Leave = Free!

2nd = 5 - 10 min (or until that wz is complete)

3rd = 10 - 20 min

4th = 20 - 30 min

The main worry here would be que times for everyone getting longer or people leaving the game (which applies to everything). Please let me know what you think and if anything is wrong with what I have said!

Deal, as long as I can kick out who ever I want to out of MY WARZONE. Don't hate because I want to q dodge you. Get better.

Tbh, before we get better vote-kick system for warzones, one of the dangers in any kind of punishment for quitting would be that instead of quitting, they just go "guarding" aka afk. Edited by Seireeni

I dont see the issue, honestly. Most quitters are bad players that haven't admitted it to themselves yet. I would rather not rely on them to hold a node, call incs, or hit a target.

Yes, i know all you quitters say its because the other 7 people suck, but you probably should stop going solo. You have no friends to queue with? I wonder why...

If i see people in warzones often failing, i give them my teamspeak info and try to help them figure things out. When i was new in the game i got very little help from people. It took me 5 matches of huttball playing "support" following the experienced guys to learn the ramps and obstacles.

I like being the underdog sometimes. When its 6v8 and you win without fillers, you are good. Sometimes Sunday morning is the best time to queue up, if i roll out of bed that early :-)

Your logic is flawed. A game of voidstar I was guarding the door - however, the other side, my team were THAT stupid, the bomb was planted behind them inside 30 seconds. Should I stick around? Not a chance!

I can give you hundreds more examples of the pvp muppet in action. I'm not asking for much, just people to use their common sense, which in all fairness is a tall order for the majority of bads. That's the reason why people quit war zones. Learn to play - there's more than enough guides and videos out there