Get rid of rolling on loot.

ZORG

Get rid of rolling on loot. Let everyone loot mobs Bosses and chests / containers and get there own set of loot.

This eliminates arguments and the whining about need before greed and I want this doodad or that thingy for my companion or my dps set or my tank set of gear.

What are your thoughts? I know this breaks with traditional MMO raid types but it gives everyone an equal chance to get loot without factoring in how many times someone logs in or what have you.

It totally levels the playing field.

Edited by ZORG

Well, I think they should keep need/greed but we should be able to put bounties on those that deserve to be punished for ninja looting.

The only real problem with need/greed is nothing can be done about it other than issuing a ticket, which breaks immersion. So I am thinking something we can do in game that also is fun.

Maybe a duel is fought over an item?

However the point of need/greed is that there are rares which rarely drop, and many will want it. If the loot is assigned to the person then that kind of breaks immersion to a set of beliefs... which is the same as a need/greed system and not earning the items more than the other person... but at least it is precedented... so its easier to accept a need/greed system that is make belief on how things work than a new system of make belief of how things should work against the nature of things.

A name shame should be in order perhaps but thats all dependent on an honor system which reaslly doesnt work sadly enough

Name shame? As in there is a system that records behavior and there is a rating for people as good players in group content or not?

I think thats a good way to reward good behavior and punish bad behavior. However, considering how a system can be abused is something that should be tested... for example have a rating system that only deducts points if the encounters result in the same negative feedback but by strangers from different groups. So lets say a person does something wrong 3 times in 3 PUGs then their rating will drop.

After several drops in ratings they can only play with other people with lower ratings or wait longer in the ques... or after a certain period of 'reflection' lets say 3 days their rating will start to go up naturally with no bad acts... however it would never go all the way to its tabula rasa state showing no mistakes... the rating should still show that a person made a mistake in the group and got a bad report... until they get a lot more good recommendations to undo the bad that they did, and can have an above standard rating.

The point of a rating system can also be that people who try to find groups in general chat can look at other peoples ratings. This helps to show they have understanding of certain content. It can also show if they completed certain content as well for HM FP, Nightmare modes etc.

Edited by VegaPhone

Short answer... No

If you're REALLY that hung up on loot, set a loot master. Pretty sure that's an option given the WoW clone aspect of the game. The only time it's really ever going to matter it at the end game anyway and then you're most likely only rolling on the item to strip the mods. Before this, loot just simply does. not. matter. It gets replaced far too fast or it's modable and you can simply buy welfare mods at the appropriate vendor if you don't want to take the time to gather comms.

Yeah, it sucks if you're in a pug and that swanky looking glowstick drops that the trooper decided to take as a "souvenir cigarette lighter". Never mind the fact he doesn't (can't) smoke and it would have been a 10 point stat boost to 3 other members of the party, not counting companions. But it's ok. You just noticed that you have 2 dozen comms from this flashpoint to spend at the comms vendor anyway. They probably have just the item you're after anyway.

Name shame? As in there is a system that records behavior and there is a rating for people as good players in group content or not?

I think thats a good way to reward good behavior and punish bad behavior. However, considering how a system can be abused is something that should be tested... for example have a rating system that only deducts points if the encounters result in the same negative feedback but by strangers from different groups. So lets say a person does something wrong 3 times in 3 PUGs then their rating will drop.

After several drops in ratings they can only play with other people with lower ratings or wait longer in the ques... or after a certain period of 'reflection' lets say 3 days their rating will start to go up naturally with no bad acts... however it would never go all the way to its tabula rasa state showing no mistakes... the rating should still show that a person made a mistake in the group and got a bad report... until they get a lot more good recommendations to undo the bad that they did, and can have an above standard rating.

The point of a rating system can also be that people who try to find groups in general chat can look at other peoples ratings. This helps to show they have understanding of certain content. It can also show if they completed certain content as well for HM FP, Nightmare modes etc.

I was thinking more of an obligatory system at the end of each FP (or optional) and if certain people get called a loot ninja 10x they get a little astrix next to their name saying "I stole loot". Then people can decide whether they want him in the group or not. This resets once every week or 2 weeks

Just give everybody the loot like the op said no rolling ever! That way you can gear your comps as well as yourself along the way! Only makes sense since we are bound to be seeing more "companion" missions where you will need better geared comps.also this helps solo players do HM and heroics without being force to group up ! I for one enjoy chatting and selling and buying on the gtn. Would much rather be able to at least have a chance to solo the hardest parts of the game! Edited by evilonemark

Just give everybody the loot like the op said no rolling ever! That way you can gear your comps as well as yourself along the way! Only makes sense since we are bound to be seeing more "companion" missions where you will need better geared comps.also this helps solo players do HM and heroics without being force to group up ! I for one enjoy chatting and selling and buying on the gtn. Would much rather be able to at least have a chance to solo the hardest parts of the game!

Da ***?? Can't tell if serious, or....

If you really are serious, WoW is that way ----->