So gunslingers and snipers are no more exact mirrors in 1.2 ?

Shoogli

ok linking 2 rakata items that are relevant.

http://www.torhead.com/item/DQAEoU/ace-in-the-hole

smuggler off hand

http://www.torhead.com/item/3rvilFp/ghost

sniper offhand

smuggler offhand has better stat bonuses than sniper offhand and if these mods were placed into a moddable with augment slot then even more so.

So it seems that smuggler will have a distinct advantage in stats if things follow this trend.

So it seems that smuggler will have a distinct advantage in stats if things follow this trend.

That's very interresting indeed.

If you don't mind, I want to clarify that you're talking about gunslinger vs snipers, not generally about smugglers vs agents.

But then I wonder if this is not on purpose considering the fact that some people seem to say that gunslingers are "gimped" because of the accuracy mechanics that their sniper counterparts don't have, so as to offset it so to speak ?

Edited by Shoogli

Since one (the gunslinger) can use 2 crit-crafted orange guns while the other (sniper) can't ?

Or are they adding orange knives for snipers ?

And if they are, can the operatives use them too ?

And if so, what about scoundrels ?

Or am I missing something ?

Investigation skill has been regularly dropping Armstech schematics for all weapon types. So, you'll be able to get an orange drop vibroknife or shotgun.

1.2 has been pretty cool so far. The legacy stuff upcoming in 1.3 looks even more fun.

Investigation skill has been regularly dropping Armstech schematics for all weapon types. So, you'll be able to get an orange drop vibroknife or shotgun.

So you've seen orange drop knives and/or shotguns ? If so that's great news.

On the other hand if it's an educated guess because you've seen a few MH oranges then I'm still on the fence to be honest.

So can you confirm you've had such drops please :jawa_smile: ?

1.2 has been pretty cool so far. The legacy stuff upcoming in 1.3 looks even more fun.

I believe this is an assumption you are making because people mistakenly beleive shotgun and vibroknives are actual weapons but if you read the tooltips they are not.

shotguns and vibroknives are no different than a power generator or focus as they add stats to improve function but are not required to use any abilities.

If you can post a screenshot of a moddable shotgun or vibroknife then do so otherwise please do not approach this on the assumption they are weapons and will be added.

HOLD UP!!!

This thread doesnt make any sense... from what I understand, shoogli asked a couple questions at the beginning and then people tried to answer them, but when they did he just, like, answered them himself and proved them wrong? what? ...

Edited by swifferdude

Well, they tried to answer him but their answers thus far have all been based on speculation and faulty logic. No one thus far has said they've seen an orange vibroknife, so his question isn't answered, just guessed at.

the gs main gun actualy does less dmg then the snipers rifle and the offhand dmg is sooo small and they need huge amount of accuracy for it to not miss 50% of the time makes all up for the snipers 1 hander sniper rifle in fact sniper dmg is more accurate because it cant lose 30% of its dmg just because offhand misses so im not really worried about the 1 slot more

I think instead of conjuring up links and crap from the current build you guys should just go over to the test server and figure this out. 1.2 is massive and will change a ton of stuff. What is true now will not necessarily be true after 1.2.