Viral Residue

SweetMegan

I wandered around Makeb for a while, and got lots of these lovely mats.

About 160 of which were Viral Residue.

When I hit 55, I went to the fleet and looked for things to craft on my biochem.

Nothing needs Viral Residue.

Am I missing something, or is this a completely useless mat?

Edited by SweetMegan

Are you 450 in Biochem yet? If not there are some schematics yet to unlock that may use them.

please instead of this most useful post...

actually post what you use them for...

and no... so far i didnt get any item that needs it for crafting, and yes i have 450,

I wandered around Makeb for a while, and got lots of these lovely mats.

About 160 of which were Viral Residue.

When I hit 55, I went to the fleet and looked for things to craft on my biochem.

Nothing needs Viral Residue.

Am I missing something, or is this a completely useless mat?

Yeah, that's what I've been getting too, both on Makeb and via crafting missions, and the viral residue should be called viral junk because I can't use it at all. And yet the Biological Compounding Chemical is the one that is needed to make the new stuff yet it is a rare drop. I don't understand the logic behind that.

have the same issue. Just no schematics that use this crap. But I'm mostly irritated for the fact, that there only two new nodes on Makeb, and they give you 2 different kinds of mats at random. So you cannot farm for useful materials anymore. I was more or less ok with missions returning random mats, but with farming, it is just unacceptable.

Before I could look on the map and see that it is red vascular tendril or neurochemical bud and do not bother with clearing mobs to get that piece of vendor trash (even though some recipes used it, but those still needeed more of rare mats). But now you see that bioengineered mushroom, hope for useful compound and get this crappy viral residue instead:( Which is not used at all by anything.

Even if there are some ops schematics that use this material, it is still far too overabundant. Why not match rarity of mat to the rarity of recipe?

Are you 450 in Biochem yet? If not there are some schematics yet to unlock that may use them.

I am 450 in biochem.

I am at a loss as to what to do right now. Do I vendor them? Because that's really, really annoying.

have the same issue. Just no schematics that use this crap. But I'm mostly irritated for the fact, that there only two new nodes on Makeb, and they give you 2 different kinds of mats at random. So you cannot farm for useful materials anymore. I was more or less ok with missions returning random mats, but with farming, it is just unacceptable.

Before I could look on the map and see that it is red vascular tendril or neurochemical bud and do not bother with clearing mobs to get that piece of vendor trash (even though some recipes used it, but those still needeed more of rare mats). But now you see that bioengineered mushroom, hope for useful compound and get this crappy viral residue instead Which is not used at all by anything.

Even if there are some ops schematics that use this material, it is still far too overabundant. Why not match rarity of mat to the rarity of recipe?

I actually didn't even notice that.

That's really, really bad. :c

Is there any chance of this getting "fixed" so that Viral Residue is used at all? Or changing it so that the nodes reflect what they drop?

Scavenging (hollinium) and archaeology (perfect carbonic crystals) are similar. Unless there is a future reason we MUST have these apparently useless mats in insane abundance,

I suggest that a vendor be established in fleet where we can convert them to their usable equivalent, artificial microbe in the case of viral residue.

Too too much time and effort to collect vendor trash.

Nondi, Master Craftsman

Edited by Nondi

My biggest complaint is how much money I've wasted running Bioanalysis crew skill missions that return Viral Residue. Every time it's a complete waste of 2-3k credits.

They need to adjust the recipes to make some of them actually use this.

Not only is this useless stuff a serious ***, so is the drop rate of the Metabolic Enhancement Agent. Getting enough of that stuff around to make the stims needed for a guild is going to be beyond hard. The use of the stuff in the stims & adrenals needs to be reduced. Or all of the useless blue stuff needs to be converted over to it. Otherwise its just totally unrealistic with the numbers coming out for guilds to be able to function. There is just not enough material around.

Not only is this useless stuff a serious ***, so is the drop rate of the Metabolic Enhancement Agent. Getting enough of that stuff around to make the stims needed for a guild is going to be beyond hard. The use of the stuff in the stims & adrenals needs to be reduced. Or all of the useless blue stuff needs to be converted over to it. Otherwise its just totally unrealistic with the numbers coming out for guilds to be able to function. There is just not enough material around.

Agreed and agreed. It should not be this difficult to get green mats for stuff. I can understand purple level mats, but green ones? Hopefully I won't be spending most of my 2.0 biochem life gathering mats that I can't use.

• Dev Post
Hi there. The Crew Skills gurus are looking into your reports about Viral Residue. Additionally, we're looking into Rich and Bountiful dropping Prototype quality crafting materials that aren't useful compared to the Standard ones. Thanks for your reports and patience!

Hi there. The Crew Skills gurus are looking into your reports about Viral Residue. Additionally, we're looking into Rich and Bountiful dropping Prototype quality crafting materials that aren't useful compared to the Standard ones. Thanks for your reports and patience!

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much! I can't wait to have a use for all my mats again! C: and that's great news on the crafting missions!

Gurus?

I'd prefer engineers because I honestly think they were too busy meditating to work on the crewskills effectively, a lot of glaring holes in the 400+ system & in my opinion a huge missed opportunity to put right some of the mess from pre 2.0, overall very disappointed at the costs, material volumes required & material volumes returned-from-missions. The "useless" materials just add icing to the sloppy mess of 2.0 crafting

Glad to hear it, I now have 500+ of these currently useless things on 2 biochemists, I've been tempted to delete them, but they cost a lot of time and credits to obtain.

Yeah this stuff sucks, but its nothing new. Red goo was only useful for a handful of recipes and was basically vendor trash. I'm sure viral residue is used in couple recipes we haven't found yet.

You might be new to the crafting but red goo was very valuable before everyone could pick up exotech recipes from a vendor. Also bump, can we get an answer for this?

glad to hear it. honestly I'd like to see BW try to completely streamline crafting mats, it's a bit annoying to have so many differnt types of mats given inventory space issues.

I would not hold your breath, every time there is a break over a Crafting skill the turnaround has be terrible. They left biochem broken for 6 weeks with the Stims that never ended, They did not fix it until the CM went live and it was affecting Consumables there as well, in fact 2 days latter. Way to show your colors EA.. No really.