Lucasarts/Disney announce new Star Wars films! Good or bad ideas?

Sentinel-Jordal

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather have peter jackson.

We all love lens flares admit it! :D

Also in 2015 we get a Han solo Movie and a Boba-Fett movie so all awesome!

maybe after all the original trilogies movies we get a Old Republic movie Revan!

I tossed the link for the spin-off movie info here encase someone said "yeah right".

http://news.cnet.com/8301-10797_3-57567799-235/disney-will-spin-off-films-based-on-star-wars-characters/

Edited by nartiuslightlord

People who keep mentioning Mickey mouse and such obviously don't know much about Disney, they are responsible for the following movies:

Pulp Fiction

Pirates of the Carribbean series

John Carter

Prince of Perisa: Sands in Time

TRON

Chronicles of Narnia movies

National Treasure

The Three Musketeers

and many more that have nothing to do with the classic "Disney is animated, Disney is for kids" Micky mouse& Tinkerbell. They are perfectly capable of making serious movies. Action,drama,adventure,comedy,kids,romance, suspense. They can do it and i think they will do fine with Starwars.

People who keep mentioning Mickey mouse and such obviously don't know much about Disney, they are responsible for the following movies:

Pulp Fiction

John Carter

TRON

National Treasure

The Three Musketeers

and many more that have nothing to do with the classic "Disney is animated, Disney is for kids" Micky mouse& Tinkerbell. They are perfectly capable of making serious movies. Action,drama,adventure,comedy,kids,romance, suspense. They can do it and i think they will do fine with Starwars.

Hehe you're right :)

But just admit you want as much as me to see Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck have a lightsaber battle :D

IF anyone has the potential to do it right, Disney and JJ Abrams have proven they "can". They can also screw it up.

What gets me is why EA is sitting on its hands. Thier biggest named MMO and RPG set in the franchise that will only get bigger as a market over the next two years yet they are not showing reinvestment to expand this game to take advantage of that.

IF anyone has the potential to do it right, Disney and JJ Abrams have proven they "can". They can also screw it up.

What gets me is why EA is sitting on its hands. Thier biggest named MMO and RPG set in the franchise that will only get bigger as a market over the next two years yet they are not showing reinvestment to expand this game to take advantage of that.

This pile will be shut down LONG before the new movies come out. If Disney is smart they will hit Raph Koster up for him to do a new Star Wars MMO.

Disney is nothing if not masters of ancillary merchandising.

You can expect them to accompany the launch of a new film with action figures, DVD re-releases, a fast-food tie in, and yes, a slew of new video games set around the movie.

I'd think SWTOR's setting of "a long time before a long time ago" with characters dead for thousands of years would have a lot less stock compared to the events surrounding the New Republic.

So basically, yeah, I'd think SWTOR isn't going to be helped by the movies when they come out, which is still a long time away. The game barely survived its first year. It may be in maintenance mode in 3 years.

If Disney judges the MMO market to be viable for them, expect them to launch a SWTNR game - and we can be damn sure they won't be putting that project in the hands of EA or BW after how they handled SWTOR.

Edited by jgelling

Pulp Fiction

John Carter

TRON

National Treasure

The Three Musketeers

They also did the sic-fi "The Black Hole" which to this day is still a friggin' fun movie to watch, and definitely had lots of good action, dramatic, scary moments in the film... Not to mention a very cool musical score =)

As a Star Wars fan, I am thrilled, to be getting new Star Wars, I enjoyed all 6 movies, I watch the Clone wars animated show, seen Star Wars in Concert, own a few things Star Wars, played almost every Star Wars game ever made, I think Disney will do a good job, as they have shown they know how to make good action movies. This is my opnion only, but I have enjoyed Star Wars since I seen a New Hope at the drive in, on opening day in May 25th 1977, There was a time when Star Wars really did rule the universe. :)

Like with what they did in SWG, the SWTOR devs could release some new content which coincides with the films. Maybe a world which is featured in one of them or a mission chain which serves as a background to a event or object which is presented there. Edited by Vitas

I'm curious as well what Disney is going to do with the new movies. It can't get much worse than Ep 2 anyway. And with some of the old actors already saying they would be willing to star in the movies it could be great.