Top 3 GTN annoyances

Raora

We probably are on different servers. I have never seen anyone (or anyones if you list on multiple characters) listing around me in a discernable pattern.

Have eight characters and list on all of them (can move mats around for listing at will and sometimes do so).

Yesterday, I was looking ahead and found that I did not have a number of schematics (in purple) at an upcoming level for my wife's Gunslinger (cunning) and my Trooper (Aim), so I went into a three hour crafting frenzy and had three characters crafting (REing) and the others moving mats around and running gathering missions. So I ping ponged like crazy between eight characters and actually did some listings while doing so. Anyone who was trying to follow me through a FL would have had a breakdown.

I don't use the FL method (to each their own and we all do what works for us) because I would have to be on the character with the FL all of the time to see what is happening (or have the FL on all of my characters), the fact that a resource lister is on does not mean he/she is listing, and usually the preditory listers are not part of our community of resource sellers - rather people who pop up from nowhere from time to time.

When I want to list, I do not feel that it is productive to wait for someone else to tell me when by their actions. I review the listings in place at the time of my listing and list (or not) accordingly. I then monitor my listings (from time to time) to see what is happening. I don't sit on the GTN looking for underpriced mats, but I find that as a side benefit monitoring my listings (pretty diversified) brings them to my attention and I snap them up.

Well, all I sell are scavaging/archeology/bioanalysis items that I buy up low and re-sell at going rate. I list all on one character but if I build up an inordinate amount of one resource and it begins to take up too much room in my inventory I will transfer those resources to a different character to sell and thin out my reserves. Anymore than that I'm spend way too much time on the GTN.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. As a resource seller, someone pricing stacks 1 credit per unit lower than mine. If you are going to undercut me, undercut me!

2. People who place stacks on the GTN in stacks of 1, even worse people who put stacks of 1 that are undercutting me by 1 credit per unit. Just takes up space on the GTN and it's far more profitable in stacks of 20 or so. Putting 50 stacks of 1 with an average sale of 750 is 37,500 credits over 1-2 days. Just go out and run dallies for an hour and make more that.

3. Who are these fools that run around the GTN terminal in circles for an hour non stop? Do they have nothing better to do? Talk about annoying when you are trying to list 50 items 1-2 times a day!

Sorry, just had to get this off my chest

Raora

well for 1 the 1 credit per unit undercut is me people buy the lowest on and dont care about if it is 1 credit or 100 credits lower. so by doing just 1 credit keeps the prices as high as posible.

depends on what item some items people want stacks some the buy single. or per set amound needed for crafting 4 of these or 6 of those.

all kinds of people buyers/sellers usualy a lot of brokers the buy low sell high specialy cause the GTN dont take cuts at all.

5. Spammers (Selling wares, Do they not know of the GTN?, Guild Recruiters) I swear I have 80 people on my ignore list.

i might buy from them that takes some research tho if i can buy 200 of a given item for x credits lower per item then the going rate on the GTN i rather buy it from them.

For me top annoyances.

1. No BBS system, where I could advertise, I can make this and that, costs that much, if you like my prices contact me.

2. No bartering system, I have this and I would like to exchange for that (those) items.

3. No items listing scrolling, what is with this pages clicking? Obviously BW employees not playing game.

Current GTN is typical auction house, like in any MMO and it is so out dated. Come on BW, something new please, GTN is just copying other games AH.

And because no BBS or bartering GTN is a mess, like mentioned above, you have click through so many pages, where just 1 item of stackable goods is listed.

GTN is the most basic crap of auction house ya can find. myself i love the market of EQ2 or the open market on EVE. but think the market of EQ2 would fit this game best.

well for 1 the 1 credit per unit undercut is me people buy the lowest on and dont care about if it is 1 credit or 100 credits lower. so by doing just 1 credit keeps the prices as high as posible.

depends on what item some items people want stacks some the buy single. or per set amound needed for crafting 4 of these or 6 of those.

all kinds of people buyers/sellers usualy a lot of brokers the buy low sell high specialy cause the GTN dont take cuts at all.

I'm not argueing your point, if you just want to help people out. But, economically, it's a waste of time if you just do basic math

I have mentioned this berfore and it may be a recent blip, but over the last few days I have been hit with what I feel is a (probably just me) string of nasty undercuts. By nasty I mean listing at one credit below my price (which I can live with to a degree) but then putting up a page or two of items at 1 credit below mine. That generally guarentees that none of my listings or any above me will sell. As an aside, I usually list four or five (at most) groups of similar items at a time at what I think is a fair price. That leaves room for everyone to particpate in the GTN and make some money.

I usually react badly to this practice (just me). My response was simple because I am lucky in that I have more credits than my wife and I could ever spend, can craft about anything that we may need, and have 16 cargo holds full of mats that actually have run out of room (as well as brimming bags with little to no space left). So I came back and undercut the undercutters (all three on different items) by one credit and then listed two pages of sales before theirs. I monitor the items and as mine sell add to the listings one credit below the undercutters. I feel badly about the people who had listed at or a little above my original listings, but the undercutter guarenteed that they would never sell anything in any case.

So one of my main annoyancees are those preditory players who screw ohers by their listing practices.

I do this all the time, though not on purpose. On my server, for instance, I like to sell Desh at 50 creds each in stacks of five, which is at 250c. But lots of people on my server seem to think Desh is worth prices like 200c each, and try to sell them in stacks of three. So, while leveling a toon with strictly Gathering Crew Skills, I'll pick up somewhere between 200-300 pieces of something like Bronzium and sell stacks of five for 500c, when everyone else is trying to sell stacks of three for 1500c. Best part is, I have two Gathering toons doing the same thing, so I can list double the amount what SWTOR limits to one character and make craptons of money. I take pleasure in filling in pages and pages of material, I like to imagine I'm Mr. Burns or Scrooge McDuck :D. Sorry.

Personally, I have no idea who the hell is buying my stuff anyway, considering the people that actually need it can pick it up off the ground for free. Maybe it's the guys trying to gouge people. :rolleyes: Scavenging and Arch materials are my biggest sellers, followed closely by Underworld Trading.

Edited by Malles

I do this all the time, though not on purpose. On my server, for instance, I like to sell Desh at 50 creds each in stacks of five, which is at 250c. But lots of people on my server seem to think Desh is worth prices like 200c each, and try to sell them in stacks of three. So, while leveling a toon with strictly Gathering Crew Skills, I'll pick up somewhere between 200-300 pieces of something like Bronzium and sell stacks of five for 500c, when everyone else is trying to sell stacks of three for 1500c. Best part is, I have two Gathering toons doing the same thing, so I can list double the amount what SWTOR limits to one character and make craptons of money. I take pleasure in filling in pages and pages of material, I like to imagine I'm Mr. Burns or Scrooge McDuck :D. Sorry.

Personally, I have no idea who the hell is buying my stuff anyway, considering the people that actually need it can pick it up off the ground for free. Maybe it's the guys trying to gouge people. :rolleyes: Scavenging and Arch materials are my biggest sellers, followed closely by Underworld Trading.

LOL, your second point first. I have to agree and can't figure out who is buying desh and silica and the like. I have on occasion bought a ton of low level mats when I was power leveling a crafting skill simply because it is chaaper (time = money) and easier to do so than send out a 50 to gather the stuff, so the answer may lie with people doing similar things.

I was not thinking of low level mats in my post - the ones that (like the desh, silica, green goo, and so on) are so abundant that you end up constantly filling up your bags as you move around. I usually deal in the higher level stuff that cannot be gathered in large amounts, if at all, as you move around the worlds. The basic source is arch, bio or scavaging missions. I was also not talking about pricing high enough to sell one or two stacks and then retire on Alderaan after buying an estate on the river. Most of the higher level mats trade within a discernable range. It is not hard to get a feel for what the pricing should be over a short period of time. I had in mind the higher level, rarer, and more expensive stuff. If there is a page or two of listings most of which are priced within the normal trading range and someone comes on and lists a page or two at a few credits lower than the lowest auction, then everyone else is dead for the time of their listings.

I think that there is a difference in trying to dump the glut of lower level stuff at any price possible and trying to capture all sales of a specific item at the cost of others.

-------------------------

PS - As an aside, I think that I am seeing sales of mats (especially at the higher levels) slow down and am starting to wonder if the amount of craftng going on is .essening. Is anyone else noticing this or am I looking at a blip in my own experience on my server?

Have you tried to do the math? Putting stacks of 5 for 250c each. That is 50 listings at 250c equals 12,500cr. That's 12,500cr!!!! Just search the GTN for Electrum, for example, on average it sells for 800-1200cr per unit but there is always at times some listed for under 500cr. Buy up all those and re list stacks of 20-28 for lets say 900cr per unit. That is 14k profit on average per listing. Multiply this by 50 and you make a minimum of 700k profit. This is just one material I'm speakign of.

The Final Fantasy 11 AH was kind of fun to play around on.

• You could only sell in singles or complete stacks
  • Singles and Stacks had individual listings
  • You could see what the last 10 sales were (seller, buyer, when and price)
  • You could not see the listing prices, you entered what you were willing to pay and if someone listed at or below your bid, you got the item
  • The item with the lowest listing price always sold first

It really made a game out of the AH, you could spend time and find the exact listing price, but it would take an inordinate amount of time. Or you could bid 1 for items to see if someone was listing them a that price.

The Final Fantasy 11 AH was kind of fun to play around on.

• You could only sell in singles or complete stacks
  • Singles and Stacks had individual listings
  • You could see what the last 10 sales were (seller, buyer, when and price)
  • You could not see the listing prices, you entered what you were willing to pay and if someone listed at or below your bid, you got the item
  • The item with the lowest listing price always sold first

It really made a game out of the AH, you could spend time and find the exact listing price, but it would take an inordinate amount of time. Or you could bid 1 for items to see if someone was listing them a that price.

I liked the SWG model, you could ACTUALLY differientiate yourself and make the best product and make a killing.

Have you tried to do the math? Putting stacks of 5 for 250c each. That is 50 listings at 250c equals 12,500cr. That's 12,500cr!!!! Just search the GTN for Electrum, for example, on average it sells for 800-1200cr per unit but there is always at times some listed for under 500cr. Buy up all those and re list stacks of 20-28 for lets say 900cr per unit. That is 14k profit on average per listing. Multiply this by 50 and you make a minimum of 700k profit. This is just one material I'm speakign of.

I make plenty of money on my own without buying up other people's stuff to resell it. At least my way it's affordable to the people that need it and the gougers are buying it up too. So I have more demand :D

3. Who are these fools that run around the GTN terminal in circles for an hour non stop? Do they have nothing better to do? Talk about annoying when you are trying to list 50 items 1-2 times a day!

Buy your own GTN.

Shouldn´t be a problem when you are such a big seller.

Love mine every second.

Own GTN + Field Mail Droid on every char made my ingame-life so much more comfortable.

Buy your own GTN.

Shouldn´t be a problem when you are such a big seller.

Love mine every second.

Own GTN + Field Mail Droid on every char made my ingame-life so much more comfortable.

I'm getting there, dont you need a level 25 legacy?

How is that annoying? Buy the stock, sell it on, profit. Simple.

Because then the price drops down to nothing, no one is making a profit, and any attempts to raise it are met with "Wow, this is really expensive now."

Actually my bigged annoyance with the GTN is there isn't a slot filter when searching for gear. Like say a helmet, you have to flip through every other thing in your armor class looking for something to go into that slot. I know there's a name feature but not everything is named perfectly.

Actually my bigged annoyance with the GTN is there isn't a slot filter when searching for gear. Like say a helmet, you have to flip through every other thing in your armor class looking for something to go into that slot. I know there's a name feature but not everything is named perfectly.

thought there was a slot option. I've searched for helmets,wrists etc etc before

Top annoyance? That I actually have to put effort into pricing and selling something in a game. I don't want to do the math. I just want to play the fricking game! Unfortunately, to stay competetive I have to find ways to make money for the augments and gear I need. I've only once come close to 1 million credits and that was about 800,000 when they first gave us the recruit tokens. I blew that on augments!

The only annoyance I have: resellers with an entitlement syndrome. The scummy leaches that inflate the prices, and then have the gall to complain when the market isn't doing exactly what they want it to.

Would not be a problem if people knew how to price on the market. If Mutgenic Paste is selling for 1,800cr/unit like it is now and someone puts a stack of 99 on there for 500cr/unit the only smart thing to do it buy that up and re-sell for the 1,800.

1. it's not an auction house. It's a consignment shop.

2. default prices do not accurately reflect cost to produce.

3. putting an item in the sell slot doesn't automatically show recent purchase prices for that item.

4. can't "browse" the categories. Must use the search. I'd rather click through nested lists than go through the dropdown search system.

Would not be a problem if people knew how to price on the market. If Mutgenic Paste is selling for 1,800cr/unit like it is now and someone puts a stack of 99 on there for 500cr/unit the only smart thing to do it buy that up and re-sell for the 1,800.

True. Since reading your posts, I've started to spin through about ten items every time I go to list something on the GTN. It is amazing how many grossly underpriced items that can be found. On my server the Paste goes for about 1,200 to 1,500 credits a unit. I usually list at 1,399 per. If I go to list and see someone has listed 40 units at 158 per, I will indeed snap it up. That is well under production cost. I will then relist at my standard price = easy profit. I don't play the market to look for bargains to relist, but only a dummy would not take advantage of what is there. ---- Oh look, someone listed 99 Hypertechs for 12,500 credits, gee they go for about 1,000 each, I think that I will wait until they sell before I list mine at 1,000 and not be a bad guy and buy the stack and then relist - yeh right, lol.

Truth is that there are a small number of people who do not understand pricing or who do but list very low for their own reasons. The problem with the swtor economy is that it is not dynamic and vibrant, but limps along. A few people who list at a low price can actually kill the pricing of a mat because buyers see the low price and start to think that is what the pricing should be and will hold off from buying at a 'reasonable" price. Yes, reasonable is subjective but if something s(other than throw away unwanted junk) ells for less than the production cost + GTN cut + small profit then I call that unreasonable. To me the resellers help the economy greatly. They clear away the underpriced stuff out and help keep a floor under pricing.