So...how to kill an Operative healer in Warzones?

Royox

I manage to do everything I can with my guardian Focus. I swear...

-Leap + 7k Smash

"Yeah! I dealt him big dmg, now finish him"

HA!!! 1st Stun. Heals to full in 2 seconds. My Stun finishes. Push, leap, exhaustion, another 7k smash.

"Yeah, now it is!"

In ur face. Flash Nade. Heals to full in 2 seconds. Starts running around as a beheaded chicken.

-Try to leap again, chocke, forcewave, exhaustion, bullsh*t"

At 30% hp they use their "100% dodge", the "dmg mitigation buff" and heal almost to full in 3 seconds.

At this point IS when Playing an arena I CAN KILL HIM. Cause now he has no CD's and I can give him all my love...but it's too much time to expend vs 1 single player into a Warzone surrounded by other 7 enemies. He will start running using their insta heals + rolls + energy recover skill + more rolls and scape to the infinite and beyond.

So I need Ideas. What should I do? What I do wrong? I try to use my push/stun/grip to cut their heals but for every 1 heal I cut they can auto heal twice and cast another one. FFS I don't have this problem vs Mercs and Sorcs.

whatever ability you guys have that is an aoe slow(forgot the name)...yeah use that. If he does happen to get out of melee range, leap and slow again. Use your low cooldown attacks to get him down to 50%, then blow your big cds to finish him off.

Roll is useless while snared. Only cleanse we have for that is the 100% dodge ability(aptly named dodge), soon as you see the green bubble re-snare, and continue beating on em.

Average 1v1 vs scoundrel healer will last over a minute, rare to kill one outright as if you would a random dps target.

Also, save your stuns for when his HP gets low (ideally at 30%). You don't want a white-barred operative/scoundrel who is low on health while continuously spamming his free heals on him/herself. You didn't mention interrupts at all, besides your leap of course.

But as the other posters mentioned, you can't take out a good healer by yourself. You can annoy that healer and make him use all his heals on himself, keep him CC'ed while you go for other targets, but we all know this is extremely difficult without a premade or decent pugs.

you can't take out a good healer by yourself

Almost break my keyboard yesterday in rage cause one single OP healer did not allow me to cap my pylon on Hypergate. My team was too busy pew pewing imps on mid.

Then they blamed me for not being to cap it.

Also, save your stuns for when his HP gets low (ideally at 30%).

Guardians don't have stuns. The only stun we have is Stasis and while doing it I can't keep dealing damage. Usually after stasis the OP vanishes or uses their strong CC so I can't dispatch or smash.

Edited by Royox

the best thing to do as a smash monkey is to push the op around: away from tanks, off bridges and ramps, etc. Keep him isolated from his team and spam the slow. You may not kill him, but keeping an op healer healing himself and far away from his team to heal them is a win-win for the dps. If in novare, lure him in back of the tent and push him off into the minefield (which is hilarious). Lure/push him off bridges in VS. In huttball most try to stay with the group, so push him into the pit, away from his team, snare him and let him crawl back into healing range. Use your interupt on the big heal (which 99.9% try to get off after a flashband, so save your cc break for that).

Personally, I prefer veng rather than rage, due to the large amounts of op healers nowadays. You get the cc immunity, plus a near-spammable dot that pops the op from stealth if he tries that.

You are not supposed to kill a good healer with 8 team mates and the other 8 people you sneak into the warzone, certainly not in aoe spec.

There I fixed your post for you There is only one healer in swtor that can solo 8 people in a warzone that would be Operative healer. The only people that say thee balanced is those that play them I am balanced don't nerf me honest I am balanced really no really I am. I am not Joking stop laughing

Edited by Neoforcer

There I fixed your post for you There is only one healer in swtor that can solo 8 people in a warzone that would be Operative healer. The only people that say thee balanced is those that play them I am balanced don't nerf me honest I am balanced really no really I am. I am not Joking stop laughing

Can confirm, solo'd huttball the other day. Told my teammates they could take the warzone off and lolrolled to the finish 5 times.

Other team was really impressed. One of them bought me a pony.

operative healer are harder to kill then others, but to my surprise on my combat sent (and i am really bad with it still), they just die like every other healing class. So many people are complaining about them being immortal, but yeah if you play smash they are almost unkillable. I guess for jugg vengeance could work, although it doesnt have the carnage burst, but you would have to try.

one thing dodge/evasion only blocks melee/ranged damage (white), so you might want use your smash (if smash specced) and force scream when they have it up and leave ravage and the other saber stuff for when it is off.

operative healer get god mode when being able to cross heals and being guarded by a decent tank, but so does almost every other healing class.

Because of insta-healers I abandoned Focus Guardian in PVP. Opted now for Vigilance. MUCH better against healers: 1st, you have immunity after the leap for 4 secs. That precious second or 2 is best for applying at least 6 sec DOT.

Here is how I do it:

You want to start with Saber Throw to announce your presence and apply him 20% of Armor Reduction. You leap on him. In this moment, a) you are invulnerable to stuns, snares, whatever for 4 seconds (Unremitting) and have b) additional damage via Set Bonus (you do have one, don't you?).

In that 4 seconds, you really want to do Overhead Slash for DOT and damage (it has lower CD than Plasma Brand, so every 3 cycles you can apply 2 OS on 1 PB), followed by Plasma Brand for 2nd DOT and 2nd burst.

If he didn't use his stuns on your Unremitting, this is the point he will want to do it. To interrupt that, IMMEDIATELY after Plasma Brand you use Force Push. Followed by Leap, of course.

Apply OS and PB again, but this time finish with FORCE SLOW. It counters most of the "run away". DOTs interrupt stealth.

In this moment, he will probably use some sort of snares and main release to try to run away, since you applied bout 15.000 dmg on him and DOTs are not over. This is the moment you use Blade Storm (long range) and MOST LIKELY you will have Keening, so use DISPATCH, if you want, Awe - if you are doing him 1on1, this is a must.

This is the only tricky moment - he CAN run away, but your leap should be almost down. Do not worry about others, just leap when you see starting his heal. Instant interrupt. Apply FORCE SLOW to prevent sneakys.

You can now start with Master Strike. He will want to run away from you. Finish Master Strike and Stasis him if he tries to run too far (some dmg, but not much). Apply OS and PB, followed by crit-powered Blade Storm (and possibly Keening or no keening (he is under 10%) Dispatch).

If he is not dead in this moment, 99 out of 100 times he is under 10%. And if your mates are not keeping healers on their sights - sorry.

Healing operative is not a problem for a good Vigilance Guardian: problem is that usually that Operative is guarded by an assassin and marauder. And your team mates have strange attraction of mass-pressing <TAB> to kick one for 1000 dmg, then other for 1000 dmg, then third...

Oh, there are some prequisits for upper situation I described:

1) You KEYBIND. I was amazed how many people click. Its literary 1 second delay keybind/click and in the end, this is (estim) 1 minute of his damage over your damage.

2) You know your rotations.

3) You have full set of pvp armor, at least Conqueror, with all procs.

4) You actively try to loose LOS with jumps in the air and turns, meaning, you don't stand in 1 place. :)

Oh, and last - he does not use ground to his advantage. As you saw, for all this you have to have nice LOS on him. If you battle in the middle of Pylons - bye, this is not applicable. If you fight around fence on 1st room of Voidstar - bye, not applicable.

In these situations, you will want help from your friends.

Almost break my keyboard yesterday in rage cause one single OP healer did not allow me to cap my pylon on Hypergate. My team was too busy pew pewing imps on mid.

The only reason to queue solo for regs is to farm commendations for gear or to troll other players (enemies or teammates -- you pick). Obviously the guy who blamed you was following my advice and trolling you. Either that or he was an idiot (naw, not possible ;) ).

Playing WZ without being group up with at least 1 other person in voice chat is like waterboarding yourself. Do it as little as possible. I do it when I don't have guildmates available to grind dailies with me (I just started gearing up again) but I go into it knowing what idiotic torture it is.

Guardians don't have stuns. The only stun we have is Stasis and while doing it I can't keep dealing damage. Usually after stasis the OP vanishes or uses their strong CC so I can't dispatch or smash.

wat? Guardians don't have stuns? I guess technically speaking it is a mez, but....still guardians/jugs have some of the best cc in the game.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/6JWXPzC/awe

all that being said...if you wanna solo a healer try middle tree, better single target and then you won't be just another smash monkey doing the same thing every other knight/warrior is....or is this another....omgwtf i cant just spam 2 abilities and win against every other class...plz buff smash/sweep naow! thread

Edited by smellmop