Class Popularity??

Anosa

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's different depending on the faction, and it should include Advanced Class choices, which make a big difference.

For Republic, I think your list is close, but for the Empire, your list is off a bit. It should be:

Republic:

• Knight (Sentinel)
  • Consular (Shadow)
  • Knight (Guardian)
  • Trooper (Vanguard)
  • Smuggler (Gunslinger)
  • Consular (Sage)
  • Trooper (Commando)
  • Smuggler (Scoundrel)

Empire:

• Inquisitor (Assassin)
  • Warrior (Juggernaut)
  • Bounty Hunter (Powertech)
  • Warrior (Marauder)
  • Bounty Hunter (Mercenary)
  • Inquisitor (Sorcerer)
  • Agent (Sniper)
  • Agent (Operative)

I do quite often parse /who in republic fleet. I check /who for all levels and for level 50 specifically and the picture is quite different. This is how it looks like:

Republic:

• Knight (Sentinel)
  • Knight (Guardian)
  • Consular (Sage)
  • Consular (Shadow)
  • Trooper (Commando)
  • Trooper (Vanguard)
  • Smuggler (Gunslinger)
  • Smuggler (Scoundrel)

However:

1. While there are always (in like 95% of times I parsed) more Sentinels and Guardians, the number of Sages, Shadows and Commandos fluctuate quite a bit and I noticed only a very slight difference in how often sages outnumber the other two advanced classes.

2. Then there are almost always fewer Vanguards than Commandos or Shadows or Sages.

3. Gunslingers rarely meet average numbers for Vanguards.

4. Finally there are only a little bit less Scoundrels than Gunslingers. However, I see Scoundrels outnumbering Gunslingers more often these days.

Edited by Ceyvel

What classes would you say are the most popular? list???

heres what i would say ... top being most popular, bottom being least.

Warrior/Knight

Sorc/Sage

Bounty/Trooper

Agent/Smuggler

Which ever is the FOTM is the most popular, till it is nerfed. Because of smash being able to crit for around 6-7k damage and is an AoE. Warriors and Knights are the most popular.

Male Rattataki has to be one of the least chosen race/gender combinations. I can't recall... ever having seen one, actually.

Funny, and perhaps true. Almost all my toons are male Rattataki (only have a few and only really play 2 anymore)...but I see few others.

Funny, and perhaps true. Almost all my toons are male Rattataki (only have a few and only really play 2 anymore)...but I see few others.

I have a male Rattataki, consular: shadow :)

I gotta agree it's rather uncommon combo

Edited by Brimmer

Been scanning /who on Republic Fleet again throughout the last week and noticed that trend shifted further towards increasing population of Guardians and Sages.

Republic side on ToFN server:

• Guardian
  • Sage
  • Sentinel
  • Shadow
  • Commando
  • Vanguard
  • Gunslinger
  • Scoundrel

Sometimes I see more Sages than Guardians when I scan level 50 players. And that's odd, why would there be that many Sages?..

There does seem to be quite a bit of Warriors in PVP on The Bastion (Pre-50 PVP, that is.)

RAGE SPEC 2EDGY4U CHOKE + SMASH 90000000000000K DAMAGE TOP OF DA LISTS FOTM #YOLOSWAG

Sorry, had to get it out of me.

Other than that though; i haven't seen "floods" of any one particular class.

Edited by GhostDrone

It's different depending on the faction, and it should include Advanced Class choices, which make a big difference.

For Republic, I think your list is close, but for the Empire, your list is off a bit. It should be:

Republic:

• Knight (Sentinel)
  • Consular (Shadow)
  • Knight (Guardian)
  • Trooper (Vanguard)
  • Smuggler (Gunslinger)
  • Consular (Sage)
  • Trooper (Commando)
  • Smuggler (Scoundrel)

Empire:

• Inquisitor (Assassin)
  • Warrior (Juggernaut)
  • Bounty Hunter (Powertech)
  • Warrior (Marauder)
  • Bounty Hunter (Mercenary)
  • Inquisitor (Sorcerer)
  • Agent (Sniper)
  • Agent (Operative)

:cool:

Would have to agree with that. That said, despite a few changes here and there, it was like that before F2P. Not sure why. I was honestly expecting to see more Han Solo clones after i resubbed (post-F2P). Oh how wrong i was.

I had the thought process of what is likely to be the rarest species and class when creating my main in December 2011, the answers I came up with were human/tech user. After rolling a human gunslinger, it certainly felt like I was right with the amount of glowstick wavers there were back then.

My toons are fairly standard, although I've got a Chis Vanguard.