HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement.

WarbNull

So here has been my experience with the HK storyline:

1. Group with guildies follow questline to thr end of theoretika.

2. Go to work (Real life sucks)

3. COme back with 1/2 an hour before maintenance.

4. Go to outlaws den get ganked by 10 imps (What sadist made that decision?)

5. Go to imp alt go to outlaws den and get the item.

6. Maintenance

7. Decide to be a night owl and start searching the endar spire. Find piece over an hour later (think to myself "frustrating but maybe I'm just unlucky")

8. Thankfully manage to group with two others and we knock out the coruscant one and one of the group drops (No problem still got a searching buddy)

9. Search Ambria's Fury for what seems like forever non grouped person finds it. Groupmate gets it but I do not as I am on the other side of the wreckage and do not get there in time (Frustration levels rising but God Bless my partner who stays to help me find it). After about another 1/2 hour of searching call it a night (Still didn't find the Ambria's Fury piece).

All I can think of having reached this point is what an annoying and massive waste of time it has been for something which has it's premise based on such a simple thing. I believe Fez Burba made that scanner because it SUCKS! And the worst part is that, even though I think whomever deigned this is a complete and utter sadist laughing at me from across the internet, I'm still going to go back tomorrow and keep searching for that worthless piece of trash on hoth. That being said making the method of getting something annoying/long does not make it special, Bioware.

The HK-51 chain was some of the most fun I'd had in a long long time. The Outlaws Den is the only pvp factor, and a very minor detail IMO. For your sacrifice you get an incredibly powerful companion...

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, WHAT? You HAVE to go into a FFA PvP zone in order to progress with the HK-51 content? Aw, hell no.

Look, I realize my highest-level character is in her mid-30's (altitis sucks) & the odds of me ever getting there are vanishingly slim, but c'mon...the notion that people are essentially forced to (potentially) PvP in order to advance in PvE content puts this beyond the pale. I guess that's another piece of content gated away from me. :mad:

Funny, I played through KOTOR again just before SWTOR shipped and I don't recall getting ganked by groups of players, nor do I recall any quests that required trudging around aimlessly and endlessly to find a rare, random spawn item.

It's actually KotOR II she is thinking of. You have to collect the pieces of HK-47 to reactivate him.

Wait, WHAT? You HAVE to go into a FFA PvP zone in order to progress with the HK-51 content? Aw, hell no.

Look, I realize my highest-level character is in her mid-30's (altitis sucks) & the odds of me ever getting there are vanishingly slim, but c'mon...the notion that people are essentially forced to (potentially) PvP in order to advance in PvE content puts this beyond the pale. I guess that's another piece of content gated away from me. :mad:

Lol, this sounds so cowardly. I went with an entire 8-man of guildies/allies, the belief being that if any1 gets attacked, we return fire, otherwise, we keep using /say and typing "peace". None of us got attacked, and none of us attacked anyone either.

Being full WH probably helped to put people off taking potshots. Just go in a group. Simples.

I had a really good time doing it last night. It was like a world event where people in general were helping each other and I was running open world quests with my guildies. We were lucky in that the Den was very civilized on our server as was Hoth. Finding the parts was slightly frustrating but only took 10 mins per since it was peak time.

Lots of fun!

The devs knew this would happen

The devs think it's amusing

The devs are obviously working on another game because this one is failing

The devs don't care

I kept playing through the bugs and disconnects to see the new questline for HK and the Cartel Market goodies. If you notice, they put this update at the same time as most people's subs came due for the month...clue????

I knew this would happen

I don't think it's amusing

I am going to play another game because this one is failing

I don't care

Wow this post gave me cancer.

A. There was a thread where people were posting when there subs expired and they were all over the board. The date having anything to do with sub dates is just a conspiracy theory.

B. Yes it probably was intentional but it's not because the devs think it's amusing, but to please the PvP community. Every event has done this to some extent to and a lot of people think it's a good thing as open world PvP is lacking and desperately needing these boosts.

C. There is still a team dedicated to SWTOR and I don't think that will change anytime soon (unless F2P flops)

D. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

If the quest is so awful and hard here's what you do....you don't do it. Simple as that.

You don't NEED HK-51, you've probably been fine for months just using your current 6 companions. And I love the rage after a half hour of searching for a piece...

You are very encouraged to do it with friends so here's what you do...get some friends together.

If you get it fast: great! If not: Who cares you got to hang out doing some group content that isn't he same flash points over again doing something new.

So you put a vendor that everyone need to buy stuff from in a open pvp area (outlaw den) which means folks are going to camp it and kill people left and right. I'm on a PvE server and yet to get this droid I must run past players in PVP gear. Please rethink where you put this vendor.

So you put a vendor that everyone need to buy stuff from in a open pvp area (outlaw den) which means folks are going to camp it and kill people left and right. I'm on a PvE server and yet to get this droid I must run past players in PVP gear. Please rethink where you put this vendor.

Already a LONG thread of QQ on this subject. Please use search. :p

HK-51 Quest & its PVP requirement

Edited by Urael

Those who joined PvE severs have every right to be able to complete every collectible without having to perform any sort of mandatory PvP.

PvE'ers are the MAJORITY of the players who want to claim HK-51.

HK-51 for the best interest of the majority of those who want him, should have parts moved to a PvE area (at LEAST on pve servers)

Crying didn't help the people who found this on the PTS (just like those who cried that HK should be soloable and not require FP's).

They didn't change it then, so why would they change it now?

Deal with it. The purpose of HK 51 is that it's making you try out different things: Solo play, PvP, Group Content, and having an alt on the opposite faction. I spent a couple hours last night and I'm at the FP Foundy HM. Debating if I want to solo that like I did FE Normal. =P