A possible solution to the premade "problem"

Kontraz

No, at least some that want premade matching or worst case separate q's don't want to pugstomp. I have led very good pvp guilds in past games and one thing I have grown to hate is pugstomping. Even if bolster was perfect a premade has a major advantage against a pug group. I know this because I have made countless premades.

If bw implemented a good premade matching system or sep q's I would get a great group together and have a lot of fun premading half the time (it is still important to pug often to keep your skill up). But with the current system if you make a well geared and nice composition premade of decent players (don't need to be really good even) then you will pugstomp most of your matches. This is not fun for good players.

There are a lot of premades running right now. I have 8 chars with 4 on each faction and I switch chars a lot. I know there are plenty of premades running most of the time for a good premade matching system. Also, if BW was to implement a good matchmaking system instead of sep q's then if there really weren't other premades on you would still get into a match within 10 mins.

No, at least some that want premade matching or worst case separate q's don't want to pugstomp. I have led very good pvp guilds in past games and one thing I have grown to hate is pugstomping. Even if bolster was perfect a premade has a major advantage against a pug group. I know this because I have made countless premades.

If bw implemented a good premade matching system or sep q's I would get a great group together and have a lot of fun premading half the time (it is still important to pug often to keep your skill up). But with the current system if you make a well geared and nice composition premade of decent players (don't need to be really good even) then you will pugstomp most of your matches. This is not fun for good players.

There are a lot of premades running right now. I have 8 chars with 4 on each faction and I switch chars a lot. I know there are plenty of premades running most of the time for a good premade matching system. Also, if BW was to implement a good matchmaking system instead of sep q's then if there really weren't other premades on you would still get into a match within 10 mins.

Get in a match within 10 minutes?!? Hahahahahaha

Right now on my server it usually takes about 20 minutes, and those usually are primarily PUG groups or half premade half PUG. Splitting it into separate queues would bring PvP that much closer to death.

Even then, those that are in it purely to "pugstomp" would just solo queue at once and bypass the system.

Terrible excuses and it only creates bigger issues. There is no reason to punish weekend warriors. They have every right to play and be successful in public queues as anyone else does.

Premades of 4 or more need to be relegated to their own queues. PUGS cant even hope to have the same coordination and class composition of premades.

If premades are so ****** and fearless, they should form ranked teams.

No. Weekend warriors are only punishing THEMSELVES by not forming premades. As I pointed out earlier, this is an MMO. Be social. Either that, or be good enough to get asked to be part of a group. If you're a bad and no one wants you...well...enjoy the pain and suffering of the solo queue.

The PvP community can not support matchmaking right now. Once (if) cross-server queues are introduced, then I agree, yes there should be matchmaking. As it is now, there's just not enough PvP to spread around so you take what you can get.

Edited by TheronFett

Its called solo que for a reason..... A group of 4 players should not be able to que to solo warzones. You want to pvp as a group? Do ranked. If you want to pvp solo, solo que its as easy as that.

YES I AGREE ! PVP USED TO BE FUN........send the premades back to ranked !

Half premades are not as major an issue as are made out imo (unless its a 3 healer and 1 35k hp Jugg/Guard).

The issue, at the heart of the matter, is the influx of atrocious players since 2.0, that have no skill, think its team deathmatch every game, dont listen to orders, completely ignore advice, have no desire to learn to play skillfully and when they come upon something that requires skill to defeat, throw their toys out of the pram and bawl for the Nerf doctor.

This situation is becoming the main decrease in fun for PVP on Red Eclipse.

9/10 warzones i am in have maybe 2-3 players that know how to PvP, the rest just follow the crowd, have no ability or inclination to think for themselves of how to help the team win. Occasionally, you do get some damn good matches, but they are so few and far between its basically myth.

Since 2.0 something very wrong has nestled in PvP, a type of attitude and its eating away at how good it once was.

Sure, in 1.7, coming up against a premade was not always fun, but it made it challenging and broke up the tedium of the same general ways of playing the maps.

The ranking system needs an overhaul, to allow cross server matchups, split the whole PvP league into 3 seperate leagues, open( no premades current bolster caps everything to about 50% its current ) - Unranked ( PvP as it is now, minimum Valour rank of 40, bolster keeps all stats to 85% its current, Premades allowed with cap on certain classes to encourage team makeup) and Ranked - (no bolster, pure team PvP ****, no single queuing blah blah you get the gist.)

Edited by Luco-Zade

If the problem is player skill, I've got an idea.

We start the game off purely PvE to learn the basics of our kit, and only gain the ability to PvP at Lv.10.

Why not have some early PvE missions that replicate the rulesets for various battlegrounds, and set up some optional dailies around those (or, better still, make them mandatory to unlock PvP queueing?) Those will teach players the basic of PvP, as well as the rules and how to actually win matches.

So many players do think that PvP means 'team deathmatch', and ignore the fact that PvP in TOR is centered around tactical objectives. Gamers like me who make videos can only do so much to mitigate this.

A simple way to deal with it would be to allow people to opt out of WZs with premades. If your queue doesn't pop guess you know what you need to do.

again, without cross-server queues, at least as far as my server goes, the wait would probably be over half an hour at peak times if two brackets were made.

I think the easiest solution to this issue would be to give say 4 toggle buttons that could be toggled on or off depending on the opposition you are willing to play against. the four toggle button could be :

Solo only

2 man groups and lower only

4 man groups and lower only

8 man groups and lower

if you are in a group then you only have the option to toggle on the button that is equal to your group size or higher, so if you are in a four man group the only options you will have are 4 man or 8 man.

if you queue solo you can toggle on or off any of the buttons and basically if queue times are to long then even a solo player may just toggle on all the buttons to reduce the queue time.

for solo players those times when you keep getting matched against premades you can just toggle off the "group" buttons which means you will not be placed into a WZ with any groups but only other players who have queued solo.

This approach may also help groups who can't quite get the 8 required for a ranked match as smaller groups and even "brave" solo players can act as fillers for the teams who can't quite get 8.

I know some will say this could be abused with solo players effectively doing nothing in a ranked match but still getting the Ranked reward but the chances of this could be minimised by something like a minimum medal requirement for single or smaller groups to receive a ranked reward else they just receive the normal WZ reward if they don't achive the minimum medal requirment.

at worst everyone can leave all options ticked which would mean no difference to now. At least if you are up against a premade with a system like this you have actively chosen to play against one and if premades find that the queue times are to long because no-one wants to play against them then they can always join solo.

• 3 months later...
Personally, I don't feel it is a problem, but obviously some do. Apart from coordination, premades tend to have good team composition while PUGs jut have a random assortment. Why not introduce a group-finder system for warzones? Basically, just like in the FP group finder, you would select the role(s) that you wish to enter the queue as, and the system tries to put you on a team so that the composition is 4 dps, 2 tanks and 2 healers. Another benefit could be keeping the role icon by each player's avatar (visible only to teammates, of course) so healers, tanks and dps canbe more easily recognized prior to the start of the warzone.

Ive suggested this to the premade Community too. It would mean all teams become premadewith the role fixed at start. They dont want it.

I suggested premades vs premade, they didnt want that eiher.

I suggested bigger WZ and possibility to call for reinforcements. They ddint want that either.

They only want easy PUG stomping. Nothing else.

Ive suggested this to the premade Community too. It would mean all teams become premadewith the role fixed at start. They dont want it.

I suggested bigger WZ and possibility to call for reinforcements. They ddint want that either.

I pug most of the time.

I have no problem with fighting alongside or against premades.

Some other puggers make me want to weep in frustration.

I hate the idea of ending wallowing in the filth of a pug only queue.

How about having a solo only queue which only awards half WZ comms. Call it novice, bronze, or somesuch. I would then be able to avoid it like the plague while others can enjoy the safe environment.

*Oh and just realised it's another necro.. you really really have a bee in your bonnet about this.

You must be asking some baddie premades :eek:

dont generalize all of us kthx

Wait what? Where did you find a "premade community"? Maybe if you didn't make up crazy garbage like this you would have friends in game and be able to make premades like the rest of us. Join a damn guild.

Agreed to some extent. However, with the ability to queue for multiple roles, I don't think the queues would take THAT much longer

Do you really want a balance shadow to be your tank? Gunnery commando healer? The chance that a person will actually go heals or tank (let alone being halfway decent at it) is minuscule at best. Overload of dps/healers/tanks depending on the current queuing population isn't something Bioware can fix (they already made healing awesome).

Important Sidenote: Rescpec during wz's won't be available soon so that whole queuing for both won't work anyway.... probably *cough**cough**please don't take down my post*