SWTOR future at IGN (stuff we know already, title edited)

Hiramas

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/03/bioware-outlines-the-old-republics-future

Just posted by IGN. So there will be a lot more endgame content in the upcoming year, the ilum revamp we heared about, same gender romances with Makeb NPCs and some more stuff.

But again, it is very little concrete stuff and there is nothing in sight that will really change the problems we all face.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game immensely, but there are issues and it seems BW does not plan on adressing stuff that is more to the core. The future will be additions, not revamps (except Ilum)

On the plus side, there is the promise to diversify not only the core PvE endgame but generally high level activities. A Space revamp could still be somewhere behind the horizon....

DIscuss

Edited by Hiramas

You either mislinked or misunderstood that article, he's just covering State of the Game #2 which is on the main page, no interview.

Nope...he's got the right link - but you are correct..........there is nothing in that article that we haven't already read in the SOG#2 article.

IGN has a broader audience than just people who would normally see the SOG information via this site............it's a re-post of what's here....but still a good thing that they are pushing TOR info to the gaming world - probably drive some more interest in the game, which is always a plus!

Nope...he's got the right link - but you are correct..........there is nothing in that article that we haven't already read in the SOG#2 article.

IGN has a broader audience than just people who would normally see the SOG information via this site............it's a re-post of what's here....but still a good thing that they are pushing TOR info to the gaming world - probably drive some more interest in the game, which is always a plus!

By the comments posted so far there, it's more like TOR is more of a laughing matter to people not in the game.

"We’ve got new Operations, new Flashpoints, new difficulty modes, new PvP areas, and of course, the entire Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel (which is targeted at our high level players). We have a plan mapped out for the upcoming year that will keep the elder game fresh and interesting for players of all types. Overall, we’re aiming to introduce a more diverse array of activities – more stuff to do with your Companion, more challenges to tackle with groups, and more reasons for guilds to recruit. We’ll also be improving our itemization, introducing new incentives to revisit existing areas, and a lot of other exciting things that will be revealed as we move through the upcoming year."

I would really like to see a layout of this "plan". To be honest, they've made a lot of promises in the past. Even when they announce something, it's not until 6 months or a year that we actually see something out of it. Unless we're talking about the Super Secret Space Project. Which was talked about over a year ago, and we have yet to see even a screenshot.

You can continue your hype train about upcoming content all you want. Most of us have learned the past year that we will watch at least 3 rehashed trailers about said content till then. We've gotten a few bits of content this past year, but then again half a year ago or so, a lot of people we're also laid off.

I really feel like it's more promises made to hype the game in hopes more people wont unsubscribe. The only thing I would guarantee is more Cartel Packs. That's the only thing I would bet everything on.

Hater's will ALWAYS hate.........that's a fact of life. This games and it's outside feelings....are no different than any other game.

WOW still gets trashed talk, and look how that's going - #1 MMO

WoW is hardly the best MMO quality wise. It just has so many people afraid of change. And the numbers they had at their peak can do that.

If I wanted that kind of lore MMO, I'd play Rift and LOTRO before I'd play WoW.

And if I want a space battle game, I'd play STO, EVE, and hell even BSGO before this game's space missions.

Hater's will ALWAYS hate.........that's a fact of life. This games and it's outside feelings....are no different than any other game.

WOW still gets trashed talk, and look how that's going - #1 MMO

Oh come on lol...this game wasn't your average budget MMO. This game was expected to do great things...it completely failed! This game is probably the largest flop in gaming history! A loss of 2+ MILLION customers and a switch to F2P so fast that even APB snickered. This game has more than earned its commentary.

Oh come on lol...this game wasn't your average budget MMO. This game was expected to do great things...it completely failed! This game is probably the largest flop in gaming history! A loss of 2+ MILLION customers and a switch to F2P so fast that even APB snickered. This game has more than earned its commentary.

You're kidding right? I would think that APB would have a hard time snickering, considering that Realtime Worlds went bankrupt and closed the game down after less than three months. It was only reopened because someone else bought the rights to the game. Last I checked, BioWare and EA are still around and this game never shut down.

IGN has pretty much same answers as is State of the Game #2 on TOR main page.

To sum it up - alot PR hype as usual but no facts whatsoever. I was hoping more "expansion" details but its way too much to ask as Jeff Hickman dont give any good information about patch 1.7 ether.

God i so hate that PR nonsense. Everything is a big secret once it hits PTS. Nothing we can do to wait and wait for just tiny bit details...

Edited by Divona