Ship droid customization?

Sky_walkerPL

There was a post in the general forum area 1-2 days ago that there will be a couple of additions coming for the protocol unit.

Edit: I think StevenReid was replying to one of the droid armament threads. And he did it as a PR guy from C2 Droid Works or some such, and obviously having fun :)

Edited by Mikkeos

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=2008115#edit2008115

From what I can gather, they plan on adding more skills to the droid to augment his healing capabilities since he doesn't come with any offensive skills. Or at the very least making his heals have better scaling, making him a "pure healer" companion from what I can deduce.

And from what I can also gather, they might plan on adding better droid parts and/or allowing us to finally raise his affection.

The interesting thing is they said they are adding droid casings/parts to increase the efficiency of his crafting capabilities. My hopes are that we can add a specific core/part that will give them a "bonus" much like our other companions, ones that we can choose to compliment our current crew skills no less. (This is my hope)

There was a droid I found on Taris guarding an Archive, I want THAT as my ship droid.

Yes, a voice/vocab changer would be the largest benefit to the droid, even more than combat capabilities. Every damn time I walk past him he has something obnoxious to say.

I hope that when they do the upgrade, the stop him from defaulting to punching at the least. As hilarious as it is, he is always slow to realize I need healing not punching right now!