Survival of the Nerdiest

Silenceo

Very interesting Warren. It also passes all of the requirements, so you are free to pass. :D

Also, I just thought I would mention that the first "day" of this I was thinking perhaps starting Tuesday? *1 more day for sign up since it is Sunday, where I am at least* So that others who wish to participate can join. Doesn't need as long of a sign up time like a Kaggath I feel, since there aren't really much restrictions of what you can or can not be/use.

Also, Warren something tells me you are going to try and play mind games on someone... I can feel it in my circuits...;)

Side Note: If you can find the other character, yes. Do remember that all of us got into separate escape pods, and the goal is to survive/get off planet. Not to go on a rampage and win by killing everyone else. *Though, that IS an option* :cool:

Edited by Silenceo

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we allowed to assist other characers, cus I think my character would very likely to team with Warren's honestly.

It is permitted, but better to wait till it starts. It's a narrative-driven survival game. Think of it like a text-based game with the debate elements of a Kaggath.

Edited by StarSquirrel

So, looks interesting. Important question: What time period is this to be set? Because that does place a number of limiting factors on choices - both in terms of gear and character selection.

Based on the mention of a Corellian Corvette (CEC CR90-series like the Tantive IV, presumably) as the derelict vessel, that provides a roughly 200 year span of time in which the vessel "widely" saw service - however, Noghri (as already rolled by one participant) weren't common - or even known, really, to the galaxy at large - until about 60 years into the CR-series production life. So would it be safe to assume that this all takes place at some point in the post-Heir to the Empire trilogy era? More specifically, post-Jedi Academy trilogy era since there is a Jedi signed up as well?

So, looks interesting. Important question: What time period is this to be set? Because that does place a number of limiting factors on choices - both in terms of gear and character selection.

Based on the mention of a Corellian Corvette (CEC CR90-series like the Tantive IV, presumably) as the derelict vessel, that provides a roughly 200 year span of time in which the vessel "widely" saw service - however, Noghri (as already rolled by one participant) weren't common - or even known, really, to the galaxy at large - until about 60 years into the CR-series production life. So would it be safe to assume that this all takes place at some point in the post-Heir to the Empire trilogy era? More specifically, post-Jedi Academy trilogy era since there is a Jedi signed up as well?

I was waiting mostly to see what sort of submissions would arrive to decide on which part of the 200 years we would use, but due to recent developments you would be right that it would be at the very least after Jedi Academy.

What I will say however for things that normally do not fit within the 200 year span, if you can explain it an an adequate way, and referring back to the rules as being within reason, it might be allowed.

Side Note: That would be much appreciated Star! :)

After Thought: Also, you guys have to try and keep me unbiased towards my own character... I try to be unbiased but no one, not even a droid, is perfect in this respect.

Edited by Silenceo

What I will say however for things that normally do not fit within the 200 year span, if you can explain it an an adequate way, and referring back to the rules as being within reason, it might be allowed.

Side Note: That would be much appreciated Star! :)

After Thought: Also, you guys have to try and keep me unbiased towards my own character... I try to be unbiased but no one, not even a droid, is perfect in this respect.

Hence my offer :p

Oh, and Tuesday works for me.

Edited by StarSquirrel

Updated OP with current planet votes. *and will continue to do so after each admission*

Though, I do hope each of the 5 planets is different enough...In regards to what it would take to survive I mean.

Edited by Silenceo

Updated OP with current planet votes. *and will continue to do so after each admission*

Though, I do hope each of the 5 planets is different enough...In regards to what it would take to survive I mean.

What even is Vjun?

No one in their right mind would pick rakghoul-infested Taris or Sith-spawn breeding ground Korriban.

Edited by Warren-Stride

What even is Vjun?

No one in their right mind would pick rakghoul-infested Taris or Sith-spawn breeding ground Korriban.

Vjun was essentially the planet that had Darth Vaders secret strong hold. In the clone wars in Dark Rendezvous, Yoda meets Dooku there and basically scares him with a glimpse of what he could be if he went to the dark side.

The planet had frequent Acid rain. Not the term either. Literal acid.

Or as Kyle would say..."Ooookay, so it's a big, dead, important rock."

Edited by Silenceo

Considering this is a survival game and no one should want to get their character killed right off the bat, I think it's safe to assume that it'll be either Kashyyyk or Felucia. :p

Its not that strong of acid silly, still stings though. Just eh, don't go swimming in any of the large rivers...lots of water purification needed. :p

Besides, works quite well for a droid with a built in shield generator.

<.<

>.>

Wonder who that is though... :cool:

Kinda odd that Kashyyyk is so popular though, considering escape pods would likely fall to the Shadow lands... Lots of beastly fun Narration can have there :d_evil:

Side Note: Most can't breathe under water, so yes, no water worlds... I had originally considered Manaan, but the only land is cities...some survival game there. :rolleyes:

Edited by Silenceo

I have a question, what is the chance of encountering natives on this planet? For instance, Kashyyk is full of Wookiees. It'd make for a short game if the Wookiees came looking for our characters or our characters just stumbled into a Wookiee city...

I have a question, what is the chance of encountering natives on this planet? For instance, Kashyyk is full of Wookiees. It'd make for a short game if the Wookiees came looking for our characters or our characters just stumbled into a Wookiee city...

How often do wookies go to the Shadow Lands? Wookie cities are quite a bit higher up, and if I recall from Kotor, they used a rope elevator to go down. What you really should be asking, is since they are on a hunt, would they be friendly? Or could you escape? *that is where you debate* Though, even more so, you should be asking, what kind of demon would you run into first? :jawa_evil:

PSh stumbled, Graph 18 Surface Locator Breif case sized Map of what ever planet I end up being on, I KNOW where I am going lol.

Oh and I realized my character might be a little to strong with to many skills so I decided to make a small edit ;).

Edited by tunewalker

PSh stumbled, Graph 18 Surface Locator Breif case sized Map of what ever planet I end up being on, I KNOW where I am going lol.

Now, do you know how to read it? :p

Though, if you run into trouble, a brief case could get in the way...

Read skills, Former Pathfinder special forces, it was common equipment for such a member.

Ah, forgot that yours was the pathfinder. *starts copying characters into a word document for easy reference*

Changed my vote from Vjun to Felucia myself...even on its worst day, Felucia has less monsters than Kashyyyk...

Ah, forgot that yours was the pathfinder. *starts copying characters into a word document for easy reference*

Changed my vote from Vjun to Felucia myself...even on its worst day, Felucia has less monsters than Kashyyyk...

Did you catch the edit to make the character toned a bit more down.