Pre-order Crystal should scale on your level.

unevenjunk

I agree that you can't because it would ruin artifice. But I also agree that it was an absolutely worthless "gift" for pre-order. Hardly any of the bonus gifts that you received for paying more or paying early were worthwhile. That's why I didn't go for the collectors' edition or anything like that.

Perhapse make 25 different black-yellow (5x5). One for each Primary Stat, and one for every 10 lvl. So that you can look awesome, while not having a huge loss of stats.

True, this will give Artifice a setback for a while, but there will come more players, and they will not have this oppertunety!

So let us that (to quote the good sir above me) PRO-Orderd have at least that! We dont have much to show for pre-ordering the game. Think, to have the UNIQE black-yellow lightsaber in 2 years from now, and not using it being a downgrade. That my good sir, is my dream!

:sy_republic:

saying about that...also the mount should scale with speed and as you said that crystal Should scale with level and also it should of let you choose its colour on charactor creation as what I thought it was going to do, otherwise i would of just bought the normal version instead of the DDE and saved £20 or so pound. Edited by Morvoldo

No it should not scale with level. That would make it not fluff anymore, which is what preorder stuff and collectors edition stuff always is and should remain. In no way should anything gotten through preorder/CE give a permanent advantage to players, temporary is how it should remain.

I agree that you can't because it would ruin artifice. But I also agree that it was an absolutely worthless "gift" for pre-order. Hardly any of the bonus gifts that you received for paying more or paying early were worthwhile. That's why I didn't go for the collectors' edition or anything like that.

Most of the money from the collector's edition is from the Darth Malgus Statue. That alone is almost $100

Any one else think the Pre-order Crystal should scale on your level? Just a idea.

I think it's a great idea except I think it's hideously ugly... Now if it scaled and changed to reflect your level/class or was color selectable...

Like a 'heal' smuggler might have green-black while a dps scrapper-smuggler could be dark-blue-black... That sort of thing...

• 11 months later...

I agree %100.

I for one am proud of my pre order, and do like to show off my crystal from time to time, especially on a new character, but it is totally useless while leveling. I think making it scale would be a perfect solution.

Also, I don't agree with having to pay 100k credits for a lv50 pre order crystal. Isn't the whole point to reward the people who pre ordered? Not to charge us more for the gift we earned?

SO HEY DEVS OR SOMEBODY!!!

PLEASE change the pre order crystal so it's still usefull after you gain a few levels!!! And maybe not keep charging us for our "gift" if we need another, or need to obtain a higher level one.

and also it should of let you choose its colour on charactor creation as what I thought it was going to do, otherwise i would of just bought the normal version instead of the DDE and saved £20 or so pound.

If you realy thought that, you should've read better. Because it NEVER said anything like that.

Well, an honest mistake.

OT: You can get level 50 crystals (+41 stat) with that color. So after all, it shouldn't realy matter (al though I wish I could fully level with it)

If you realy thought that, you should've read better. Because it NEVER said anything like that.

Well, an honest mistake.

OT: You can get level 50 crystals (+41 stat) with that color. So after all, it shouldn't really matter (al though I wish I could fully level with it)

this. though I really really REALLY wish they didn't cost 250k credits to buy. I kinda like the color and I like having something unique, but the cost is just too MUCH IMO.

Um, can't you buy higher level versions of it from the Pre-Order vendor?

I thought you could.

:cool:

You can. The higher versions are +41 end, +41 power, +41 crit, or +41 expertise, but they are overpriced (250k) you can buy cheaper on GTN (and now cartel market).

Two comments on this:

1. They've already said they don't like the way color crystal stats worked and that's why they don't change with gear level past 50. They've also hinted they may remove stat from color crystal complete. This would be an odd move if those statements are true.

2. Why necro a nearly year old thread? (other than the fact that it's the threads birthday)

You guys do realize that adding +41 of anything alone doesn't really do much, right? If you want to use the preorder crystal, use it. The difference in your DPS won't be enough to matter unless you're a min/max fanatic. Edited by Galbatorrix