So Quinn $£#¤%¤%& turns on ....(spoiler beware)

Lord_Karsk

Me trying to kill me and I CANT KILL HIM !!! aaaaaarg i was so mad, alredy hate the guy.

And bioware removed the option to kill companions is just patetic !!!!

First of all a real Sith would kill him no matter what unless he was needed for just a little while then kill him later.

But bioware hand helding so a few moron players wont complain later about no longer having a healer,so

we cant kill our companion.I cant play my warrior after this, seeing that backstabbing bastard standing on my bridge like the /%/(%&% he is makes me so mad. :mad:

This is why bioware is clueless on starwars.No feeling that anything matters at all.

RAAAAGE

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This shows to me one of the few things this game did do right, the immersion in the story is awesome.

What an incredible moment this was.

First reaction was shock..no Quinn, buddy, why..we were partners in crime.

Second reaction rage..just utter infernal rage..as you knew Quinn was about to take a saber throw in the gonads.

Then a pondering stage..hmm..my crafting is about to take a hit as Quinn goes head first out the nearest airlock..do I need to continue to suffer for his betrayal..

Back to rage..you messed with the wrong Sith.

And then disappointment as we had to hug and make up.

The sith warrior storyline is so good. And yes, I would have killed him as well.

if you got that upset about it, the story tellers got it right ;)

I thought that was the best story twist to date! Much better than the boring BH storyline I did first. I don't think you should be able to kill him though, as once the nerd rage dies down you might really regret not having a healer... especially if you're a jugg tank. I though just beating the crap out of him and liberal doses of my sith social ability (punish or whatever) was sufficient.

Not a huge surprise that Quinn turns on you, his first loyalty is to the Empire and specifically Baras, not you. Baras suggested he join your crew so he could keep an eye on you and plot against you if needed.

I get why BW didn't let us kill him, but they should have let us put a shock collar on him. Instead he basically gets a slap on the wrist. This is the only real lame part in an otherwise great class story.

Edited by Projawa

actually if you rage so much on Quinn, it shows that you're not a real sith.

Sith live with perpetual betrayals and daggers in their back.

If you were not prepared for the betrayal of Quinn while you were fighting his master you probably do not deserve to rise or even live in sith society.

Think about it for a second. you pick up a guy who is professing utmost loyalty to your master for having "saved" his career and whom he served for more than many years, a lot longer than the time he's been travelling with you. This master is known for his plans within plans, and is capable of scheming the downfall of jedi masters. And this master is also high in imperial society with many servants and followers, both among the sith and the army. Who do you think Quinn would listen to when putting you and his "former" master in the balance?

I confess I did not see this twist coming and was surprised. But thinking about it, it was predictable, from a sith point of view. It was one of the highlights of the sith warrior story, a great piece of scenario done right.

Edited by Oggthebase

• 3 weeks later...
http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=5260293&postcount=100

He might have a good reason. It might not be exactly what you think. Sometimes I think the bioware writers are more clever than we give them credit for, but there isn't a way for them to do a lot of explication in the game. Did they end up leaving something out here?

Wow! I loved your thinking on how Quinn would do this, it also makes perfect sense. It seemed way too odd that Quinn would betray you, even more after all that you do for him. I remember when that battle started I destroyed the droids and him very easily. So easily in fact I was more angry his betrayal wasn't more of a challenge. The way you put it makes perfect sense, it gives me a renewed respect for Quinn as I believe from leaving Belmorra to leaving Voss he is one of the most loyalist companions you have.

Am I the only one who saw that coming from a mile away?

Baras practically pushed the man at you.

Baras makes a point to say that Quinn does not owe him anything anymore WHERE YOU CAN HEAR IT!!

At this point I had my hints.

Baras is your Master. Every Sith Student will turn on his Master eventually.

Baras plans ahead and places someone good, trustworthy in your crew. Someone you'll like.

My Sith saw it coming and knew Quinn had little choice. He was trapped between Master and Student. Very nasty place to be. So my Sith respected Quinn's guts for even trying - and forgave him after. Why? To spite Baras first and foremost. He loses a good man, he fails at killing the studen. And when my Sith kills Baras, Quinn will be right beside her.

i was so disappointed when i saw i couldn't kill Quinn...that's a big mistake on the writers..no one can denie that a real sith wouldn't force choke bastard Quinn...

all you guys trying to find some kind of explanation on why you forgive him ...you know how a simple solution would 've been ? ....Kill Quinn ( you will not have a healer companion)

Don't kill Quinn

and that's it ..the choice would've been on the player..and i would've killed him in pain as a real sith would've done

why do bioware did that twist and took out the player's chioce ? ...it was so useless ..and it really ruined the warrior story..because we're talking about story here not practical use ...and no ..i'm a dps jugg and i didn't use Quinn since i got Jaessa ..and no real tank jugg uses a healer he uses a dps comp. ...etc....i have no need of Quinn and still ..it's hard to get past that fail

i want option to kill him or at least drop him in the nearest rock and get another companion instead him. the option to switch companion for another options with their own personal story would be awesome.

I was really disappointed with that. I knew it was coming, but I had hoped if you romanced him it would be, I dunno a little different? He didn't even seem a little down that he was killing his lover. And he just rejoins the party like nothing happened. Never makes it up too you, it's like they just stopped all development in his whole storyline.

"I've been monitoring you! Studying you! These two droids are the result of hundreds of hours of survelliance! They are the perfect killing machines, designed specifically to destroy you!"

(except the part where you have a 1 minute droid stun. He must have called in sick that day)

I think the part that bugs me isn't so much the actual betrayal, so much as how it fits with the rest of the story. As in, it doesn't: he just rejoins you and it's back to business without so much as a word.

Hell, I choked him to within an inch of his life, told him he was free to return to the crew but no longer welcome in my character's quarters (supposedly ending their relationship), and when I went to talk to him aboard the ship afterwards? He proposed marriage.

Wat.

if you got that upset about it, the story tellers got it right ;)

I thought that was the best story twist to date! Much better than the boring BH storyline I did first. I don't think you should be able to kill him though, as once the nerd rage dies down you might really regret not having a healer... especially if you're a jugg tank. I though just beating the crap out of him and liberal doses of my sith social ability (punish or whatever) was sufficient.

I don't give a **** about not having a healer - I want that piece of gutter trash dead ! This is a an RPG and i fail to see how any truly DS Sith, male or female, leaves Quinnn with his head attached.

My Sith has kept Vette's shock collar firmly in place and left a trail of corpses halfway across the universe. My Sith kills people who so much as look at him funny let alone try to kill him. There is zero doubt that my Sith would have scattered pieces of Quinn all over the scenery. Even if we assume he controlled his gut instinct towards homicide (unlikely for Sith) his intellectuctual response to betrayal would be to punish it so severely that no one in their right mind would consider making the same mistake. Frankly Quinn would have been lucky if my Sith acted emotionally and beat him to death. If by any chance he had thought the situation through Quninn's demise might have taken days and involved much screaming.

Good writing gives me a chance to remain true to my character, this 3rd rate excuse for a script forces me to do something fundamantally unbelievable. I have retcinned it in my head. My warrior kept Quinn alive in the short term by promising him his life and tricking him back onto the ship. There he was slowly and painfully executed for the education and enterttainment of the crew. His stuffed corpse now stand on the bridge as testimony to the price of treason. Since that moment I have not spoken to Quinn or used him for a crew task.

This costs me - I a am missing a healer and a am limited in crew tasks but I don't care. The only acceptable solution to me, the only one that permits me to continue with my warrior is that Quinn is dead - and this is the one that poor writing forces me to make up for myself.

I read that for a time in the beta there were options to permanently dismiss/kill companions. They took this out of the game because people cried about being short a companion later on because of this. :rolleyes:

This was also before they designated what each companion's role would be. At one time in beta, the customizations are what made their roles. So any of them could be any of the roles.

This was also before they designated what each companion's role would be. At one time in beta, the customizations are what made their roles. So any of them could be any of the roles.

Of course then people probably cried about how complex such a system was and how too difficult it was to comphrehend...ah this game should have been so much better.

My viewpoint on this, with my Juggernaut is this: Yeah Quinn would have been slowly executed had I had an actual choice. I don't need a healer, I use Jaesa all the time, if I need a healer, I ask for a REAL, LIVE, HUMAN to group up with me for y'know, flashpoints and all that good stuff.

Thanks for holding my hand and making my choices for me Bioware. I really appreciate it.

Bioware, taking the RP out of RPG since Mass Effect 3. :)

The problem is that they designed solo combat around the trinity system, a huge mistake on their part, if they did the job properly and correctly, you would have been able to use any companion and not feel the difference, then they could have had the killing off companions feature and not have people crying about it.

In the end, bioware took the easy route and it was one hell of a stupid route to take, i would have done the companions like the Mass Effect games, where you could use any companion and not feel like you made a mistake, like playing as dps and not using your healer companion.

The problem is that they designed solo combat around the trinity system, a huge mistake on their part, if they did the job properly and correctly, you would have been able to use any companion and not feel the difference, then they could have had the killing off companions feature and not have people crying about it.

In the end, bioware took the easy route and it was one hell of a stupid route to take, i would have done the companions like the Mass Effect games, where you could use any companion and not feel like you made a mistake, like playing as dps and not using your healer companion.

Except you are wrong, they took the ability to kill companions (the Warrior wasn't the only one) out in beta because the players made too many tickets about it, that is seriously the only reason, to keep CS from getting inundated with "I killed my companion" tickets.

Quinn owed his career to Baras. I was surprised that he took the alienation so well, and would have expected him to leave the ship. If Quinn hadn't been secretly taking commands from Baras I'd have been disappointed in the story.

But, without a method to replace a missing companion, the player would just be hurting themselves by killing one off. This is just one of those situations where roleplay had to be sacrificed for the good of the game mechanics.