Miraluka hoods and jedi robe hoods

Skathi

Haven't really seen it answered anywhere and I'm still curious: Are there still clipping issues with the miraluka hoods and jedi robe hoods?

Was thinking of rolling up a miraluka but not sure if I want to if it messes with the hood stuff too much. Do they clip? Does it clip okay? Hope someone can answer

Haven't gotten a hood yet, but I do remember them clipping terrible with my mask back when i rolled miraluka consular in october. And I only had the brown blindfold so I can imagine it looks terrible with the bigger hoods. This is one instance were the ability to customize appearance while still equipping armor would be very beneficial since the hood adds to your stats.

There is a graphical bug with the combination. The hood shows but has got little wannabe cat ears coming through. I can upload a screenshot if you want but I am at work so it will have to wait until this evening. Edited by Vexille

I just got a hooded cloak myself and was disappointed that the Miraluka mask I picked protruded thru the hood.

I picked the one with the oriental like red rope.

I hope they fix the hoods for Miraluka masks.

I remember something similar with World of Warcraft, if you played Undead race the ribs/spine would stick out of the robes.

Edited by burningcurse

• 2 weeks later...
It Seems only to affect the hoods that wrap around the miraluka's head, like the blue and red one. I picked the red one cuz i thought it was cool looking but now I wish I picked that bone textured gold one. I hope they fix it cuz it sort of ruins the appeal of cloaks.:(

I'm playing Miraluka, but I purposefully chose "Hood 1" (basically the sunglasses look) to avoid any clipping issues.

...and they look cooler than the crazy full-hat action.

chose that too, coupled with the dancer outfit on my sage it looks really...beach volleyball-y. :D

Picked the same mask, that mask doesn't clip too badly so I don't mind, but I had strongly considered the full mask/hoods and but was afraid they would clip badly (And they do).

But Visas Marr looked so cool! T_T

I know!

The funny thing is, my white headband doesn't show up at all on sides and the back o fmy head if I'm not wearing a hood. It disappears rather impossibly where my hair begins, sort of hovering there.

http://i.imgur.com/YJ9Yf.jpg

Put on some robes, and it reappears just to clip through them.

If you play a pureblood sith with like the dropping face tentacles and you are a warrior with one of those face masks they get, the tentacles go through and past the mask and it looks pretty terrible.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any word on this yet? I just got told just to sit and wait by the "Galactic support is our speciality" (yeah right), ticket got closed right away and i need to keep an eye on the patch notes.... Can some Dev get in this thread and explain why I can't keep my levels and change just my face? By the time u get first headslot (around 15) its already to darn annoying to start over again because Bioware couldnt figure out NOT to show your mask when hooded. Help me already and give me the buttugly sunglasses (wich atleast don't come through my hood?).....very disappointed:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Not sure what are you guys talking about, I've not gotten a problem with my Miraluka at all.

Here is a screenshot of my character:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/7/screenshot2011122423134.jpg/

your mask is only on the eyes .. the cliping occurs with all the masks which go to the back of your head ... so all the holding straps etc. with the full masks this looks really bad. Didnt anyone betatest this game ?

I almost deleted my main Sage Consular around lvl 42 just because of this.

Tried to send a ticket asking to get my appearance changed somehow but no game.

At the end I learned about those ancient helmets that make you look like a character from Hellboy.

From that point on I just raced to level 46 so I could hide my shame.

At level 50 I just didn't care about it 'cause the Sage pve armor (Tionese, Columi, Rakata) is already so darn ugly...the mask clipping was the least of my worries. :(

Edited by Mac_Garen